PDA

View Full Version : RHD to LHD Conversion?(edit)..

CryoCarnage
02-02-2005, 01:17 PM
Has anyone ever doen this? My friend is just looking into a Mitsu 3KGT and for a decent one you have to fork over 14 grand CDN. In japan, you could get one and import it for about 5 Grand CDN. He just doesnt want to drive with a RHD vehicle and i think this is a solution to the problem. Thx for anyone who decided to help..

oddjob
02-02-2005, 01:19 PM
You mean RHD to LHD? Not gonna happen. At least not on a buget.

CryoVenom
02-02-2005, 01:24 PM
Sounds like something i could do... and wait.. thats the car i like..
what a crazy coincidence!

statick
02-02-2005, 01:30 PM
I think it can be done, but it will be quite expensive. you could get a rough estimate by looking on the motorex website (i think), but it would be for skylines.

www.motorex.net

88CRX
02-02-2005, 01:35 PM
what year?

88CRX
02-02-2005, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by statick
I think it can be done, but it will be quite expensive. you could get a rough estimate by looking on the motorex website (i think), but it would be for skylines.

www.motorex.net

motorex doenst make their skylines lhd.

CryoCarnage
02-02-2005, 01:41 PM
prob a 91-92

88CRX
02-02-2005, 01:44 PM
you cant bring it into the country then.... it must be 15 years old.

crazydave
02-02-2005, 03:06 PM
eventually he could bring it in. but i dont see why just put up with it only thing diffrent is shifting and be able to see when passing on highway or turning left.:thumbsup: :)

CryoCarnage
02-02-2005, 03:21 PM
heh thats what i said. But he has a point about turning left at an intersection. But eventually he would be able to bring it in.

calgarys13
02-02-2005, 05:09 PM
since the cars came in LHD over heres im assuming you could get all the parts fro a 3kgt or a stealth and do the swap??

TypeS
02-02-2005, 05:23 PM
what a collosal waste of hard earned money, tell your buddy to drive a RHD car and finally see how overplayed the problems are. People always invision your head/eyes being right above the wheel, and they never consider the fact that you can lean over and look:dunno:

I guess you either love it or hate it, nothing inbetween;)

frostyda9
02-02-2005, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by TypeS
what a collosal waste of hard earned money

:werd: As far as the left at an intersection, how is that any different than a right at an intersection with LHD? What was the argument?

mx73someday
02-02-2005, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by TypeS

I guess you either love it or hate it, nothing inbetween;)

More like love it or never tried it. :)

Go4Long
02-02-2005, 06:56 PM
and as anyone that has owned a RHD car will attest to, women really love it ;)

CryoCarnage
02-02-2005, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by frostyda9

:werd: As far as the left at an intersection, how is that any different than a right at an intersection with LHD? What was the argument?
Cause you can see cars to your left coming at you. As far as i know, you cant drive into the middle of the road with a RHD car and be able to see all the people coming at you if someone is blockign the view.

frostyda9
02-02-2005, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by CryoCarnage

Cause you can see cars to your left coming at you.

Ah, ok. Not to get too technical about nothing...but the only time I see this being a problem is when you are turning left on a green waiting for a break in oncoming traffic with a car in front of you. If the light goes yellow, you have to turn regardless. If the light is still green and the car in front of you starts to turn, you now have a view around the right side of that car. :dunno:

haha..in any event tell him to just import the damn car and learn to deal with it :D

240ssx
02-02-2005, 08:20 PM
I wouldnt spend that much on a RHD car. its so different and unique. if you are really that fussy on RHD and LHD i would spend the extra cash and just buy the 3000GT here. saves a hella lot of money and unneed time and stress. its something so small not like changing FWD to RWD. just go for the USDM LHD.

Just my 2cents

Brad

Godfuader
02-02-2005, 08:44 PM
I guess the funniest thing would be the hassels at Drive-thru windows other than Peter's. I think it would be a very amusing experience other than the non-visible-on-coming-traffic problem. Solve all problems by ensuring that u always got someone riding with u!

CryoCarnage
02-02-2005, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Godfuader
I guess the funniest thing would be the hassels at Drive-thru windows other than Peter's. I think it would be a very amusing experience other than the non-visible-on-coming-traffic problem. Solve all problems by ensuring that u always got someone riding with u!
Heh thats what i said!. Either that or getting one of those little cameras and planting it into the side mirror and gettign a direct input into a monitor. But as always, an issue about money.

CryoVenom
02-03-2005, 11:25 AM
maybe take the drive through backwards like arthur

Godfuader
02-03-2005, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by CryoVenom
maybe take the drive through backwards like arthur

Did that once for a ATM at sunridge. Man, the expression of the person pulling up after us was priceless and we were just lookin right back at them. They didnt know who was right :rofl:

hollywood_35
02-06-2005, 06:11 PM
I saw one guy that took an R33 Skyline and made it LHD, a company in the states did it for $7000 US. If I had the cash I'd do it.