PDA

View Full Version : FS: 89 Right Hand Drive RX7 TII

Go4Long
02-02-2005, 01:40 PM
Decided to see if I can sell my car(found out how much the fines on my liscense are and can't afford to do that right now). Had it since july and it is not registered yet....so that should pretty much sum up how much spare time I have had. It was legally imported by import concern, I have all documentation necesary.

The Good:

-Racing Beat 3" Turbo Back Exhaust(no cats...)
-Blitz DD BOV
-HKS PFC-Fcon(basically the equivelant of an old school SAFC with a timing map) and a GCC(not installed)
-Knight Sports FBCD
-Autometer Boost and A/F Gauge mounted below stereo
-Tein Coilovers(sorry, not sure of the model, I don't read japanese, and I don't have the wrenches:dunno: )
-Manaray Sport Wheels
-Rockford RFX-9220 Mp3 Deck
-PG Tantrum Rear speakers
-Pioneer(I think) speakers in the door
-Alpine Type S in the dash
-Rockford 301.M Amp
-Cheap 10" sub in large ported box
-if you happen to have friends that are under 4 feet tall there is a back seat

The Bad:

-It's not registerd
-Square dent in rear passenger side quarter panel(quoted $240 to pull it out by dent clinic)
-Speedometer Doesn't Work(I have a new cluster and a speedo cable sitting in my closet just a matter of installing it)
-Turbo Seals Appear to be going(it still runs and boosts great, but occasionally you can hear the compressor hitting the housing. Also have another S5 Jspec turbo in the closet)
-Clutch Releases high(might just be me, but hey...it's note worthy)
-Paint on the hood is fading
-rear brakes will probably need replacing in the not so distant future

The Interesting:

Ran a 13.940 at 98.61 at race city in august

Asking $8000 obo, I am not desperate to sell it, so if you low ball me with like $6000 it will most likely result in a joke about your mother.

The Pics:

Go4Long
02-02-2005, 01:42 PM
and the front:

Go4Long
02-02-2005, 01:42 PM
The Interior:

Speed_Dreams
02-02-2005, 02:03 PM
if it hasen't been registered yet then how did you drive it to chinook and take those pics and drive it to race city and take it on the track??

Go4Long
02-02-2005, 02:15 PM
those pictures are taken two days after I took posession and the track was about a week and a half later...as long as it's insured you have 14 days from the time you purchase until you register it...

kelly
02-02-2005, 04:28 PM
nice car

Skylinelover
02-02-2005, 05:18 PM
ive heard this car had a motor swap to a usdm motor and no longer has the JDM motor... is this true?

Go4Long
02-02-2005, 06:53 PM
no, it did have a motor swap, but it was to another Jspec(it's an S4 block with all the S5 externals)...the motor that the car arrived with was a hack job, a water jacket was blown, and a little later an apex seal went, the 13.940 was run on the current set up, and according to local RX7 people is very fast for a stock turbo stock block FC.

Mahk Uno
02-02-2005, 08:28 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

HTN SWCHS
02-02-2005, 09:39 PM
ill give ya 6000:thumbsup:

how is it in winter??

Skylinelover
02-02-2005, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Go4Long
no, it did have a motor swap, but it was to another Jspec(it's an S4 block with all the S5 externals)...the motor that the car arrived with was a hack job, a water jacket was blown, and a little later an apex seal went, the 13.940 was run on the current set up, and according to local RX7 people is very fast for a stock turbo stock block FC.
Oh.. Has this car ever been bagged? EG) Over revved? (alot)

Go4Long
02-02-2005, 09:49 PM
ill give ya 6000

how is it in winter??
your mom called, she says you can't have the 6 grand...:rofl:
it has yokohama DNA GP's on it right now(z rated)...so it is pretty useless in the snow at the moment...supposedly with winter tires if you stay off boost they are OK winter cars

Oh.. Has this car ever been bagged? EG) Over revved? (alot)
well it's been run at the track, but other than that no...I drove it to vancouver and back...other than that it hardly ever gets driven(no registration means basically I go around the block once a week or so just to keep everything moving):angel:

Mahk Uno
02-02-2005, 09:49 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Skylinelover
02-02-2005, 10:45 PM
since when is 13.9 a demon killer?? also ive seen this car driving around chinook center many times..stop with the lies and tell the truth!

Go4Long
02-02-2005, 10:54 PM
pssst...I live two blocks from chinook...if you're not interested in the car the keep it to yourself...and I have a video of me beating a big block car...so it qualifys, the fact that I ran a 13.9 a week and a bit after learning to drive left handed is impressive, guessing that it would beat that time now is a given...by how much, I won't throw numbers out...
what do you drive again?

Skylinelover
02-02-2005, 11:02 PM
But why did I see it driving around no more than 2 weeks ago?

Go4Long
02-02-2005, 11:12 PM
I already said that I drive the car on a weekly basis in order to keep things moving, keep seals from drying up and the likes...and yes, these drives occasionaly include stops by chinook to pick up food. any other questions?

Mahk Uno
02-02-2005, 11:12 PM

Mahk Uno
02-02-2005, 11:14 PM

Skylinelover
02-02-2005, 11:16 PM

supaj87GTS
02-02-2005, 11:19 PM
if you decide on parting anything I might be interested otherwise Good luck with sale

Nice car..

Jordan
do you have any part that you are trying to get rid of??? my twin brother just bought a 89 GLX and is looking to modify it a bit...would be nice to get him a head start...
:)

Go4Long
02-02-2005, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Skylinelover

Maybe if you spend 10 grand on body work.

Ever heard of the skyline r34?

ever heard of a car that costs $75k and can't be bought in north america? perhaps you meant R32, which can be had for about $15k and run 13's at sea level stock(at our elevation...probly a mid 14...)

and no, not specifically trying to get rid of anything....I have none of the stock parts...so I am kinda outta luck on that one...

calgarys13
02-02-2005, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Mahk Uno
well maybe with 10 grand...but still NEVER OUT OF THE BOX
i can list 10 imports that all run under 13 seconds in the quarter mile that were all made before 1989..maybe do some research instead of being so biased?

Skylinelover
02-02-2005, 11:30 PM

ever heard of a car that costs $75k and can't be bought in north america? perhaps you meant R32, which can be had for about $15k and run 13's at sea level stock(at our elevation...probly a mid 14...)

and no, not specifically trying to get rid of anything....I have none of the stock parts...so I am kinda outta luck on that one...
Ever heard of motorex they have been importing Skylines for years? Last time I checked they were in the United States of AMERICA. Do I need to show you on a map... ?

Mahk Uno
02-02-2005, 11:32 PM

Go4Long
02-02-2005, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Skylinelover

Ever heard of motorex they have been importing Skylines for years? Last time I checked they were in the United States of AMERICA. Do I need to show you on a map... ?

do I need to show your their price list?

Skylinelover
02-02-2005, 11:37 PM

do I need to show your their price list? Do I need to show you that they're 11 years newer?

calgarys13
02-02-2005, 11:38 PM
1:skyline
2:silvia
3:180
4:pulsar
5:EVO
6:GTO
7:STI
8:rx7
9:supra
10:nsx

besides theres more to cars than 1/4 mile, these cars would own most domestic vehicles on the track

Team_Mclaren
02-02-2005, 11:50 PM
WOW, can you say off topic~!

Please everyone, chill the FUCK out and if your not interested, keep it out or pm the owner.

ALSO: Go4Long, If you have some kind of paper to prove that the car was legally imported and CAN be registra for legal uses please do, that way you can save yourself tons of explaining. And please repost the FS thread with ALL the much needed information, if you wish to sell the car in the marketplace.

Thx, if theres a problem, regarding the closure, pm me.