PDA

View Full Version : R&B Singer Houston Gouges His Eye Out After Failed Suicide Attempt (Work Warning)

D'z Nutz
02-03-2005, 12:16 AM
http://launch.yahoo.com/read/news/15208551

R&B Singer Houston Gouges His Eye Out After Failed Suicide Attempt

02/02/2005 5:00 PM, LAUNCH
LAUNCH Radio Networks

R&B singer Houston, whose full name is Houston Summers IV, reportedly gouged out one of his eyes after a failed suicide attempt in a London hotel. MTV.com reports that last Thursday (January 27), the singer attempted to commit suicide by jumping off of the hotel balcony but was stopped by his security team. Houston then locked himself into a bathroom and gouged one of his eyes out. The singer was in Europe for a string of performances.

Details are still sketchy but on Wednesday (February 2), the singer's label, Capitol Records, released the following statement, "Our thoughts and prayers are with Houston during this tragic time."

The Los Angeles-based singer released his debut album, It's Already Written, last August. The set was certified gold for sales of 500,000 copies and featured the hit, "I Like That" featuring Chingy, Nate Dogg, and I-20.

When LAUNCH spoke to the singer last year, he explained that singing was in his blood. He said: "Been singing all my life. Pops is a singer, I'm the Fourth. You know he's Houston Summers the Third. You know he used to sing with Marvin Gaye back in the day. He used to do those background vocals. He was on the radio, so it's basically in my blood. Music is what I thirst for you know as well as God."

That's really fucked up :( I wonder why he was trying to take his own life.

kevie88
02-03-2005, 12:22 AM
er... hmm.

Honestly I think 20% of being a big artist is having some seriously fucked up problems. I often wonder how much of contemporary music we'd have if it weren't for drugs or dementia :nut:

cujo_cjc
02-03-2005, 12:41 AM
thats so crazy
but i guess lots of these celebs have more problems than the norm :dunno:

badseed
02-03-2005, 12:49 AM
Thats pretty hectic, can't imagine doin that. I wonder if used a spoon or something:rofl:

Shaolin
02-03-2005, 12:56 AM
that's crazy.. i thought his album was alright too. Maybe it's the cash? Gold album ain't much :dunno:

cman
02-03-2005, 01:22 AM
:( i wonder what went so wrong to bring himself to try suicide, then actually gouge his eyeball out...the pressure of fame? the pressure to perform?

Dave P
02-03-2005, 01:37 AM
Well thats just fucked up. didnt see that coming

finboy
02-03-2005, 02:13 AM
wow, i can't even imagine how much that would hurt.

QuA
02-03-2005, 03:27 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

WARNING!!!!!! :eek:

http://www.allhiphop.com/dumbpix/HOUSTON.jpg

2.2vtec
02-03-2005, 09:25 AM
Would this mean he's blind in that eye??

/////AMG
02-03-2005, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by finboy
wow, i can't even imagine how much that would hurt.

:werd: I rub my eye n crap like crazy if i get an eyelash in it something and it hurts!!, This sounds sick

PS> Whoise that pic of?

finboy
02-03-2005, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by /////AMG

:werd: I rub my eye n crap like crazy if i get an eyelash in it something and it hurts!!, This sounds sick

PS> Whoise that pic of?

apperantly, from what i've heard on some hip hop forums, there is a pic of him floating around, and i'm guessing thats it :barf:

RiceCube
02-03-2005, 09:12 PM
[/quote]I wonder if he used a spoon[/quote]
i learning towards a spork

AcuraTl
02-03-2005, 09:17 PM
http://www.vh1.com/news/articles/1496457/02022005/houston.jhtml

appearently he thought he was Jesus.. and wanted to go home to his father...

Sorry guys but i had to do it

Nannaan I like that i like that when you work that back nananananananan!!!

t-im
02-03-2005, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by cujo_cjc
thats so crazy
but i guess lots of these celebs have more problems than the norm :dunno:

I think celebs problems are just more publicized then average peoples problems

I don't think any of us would care if joe schmoe in idaho forked his eye..

Khyron
02-03-2005, 11:30 PM
My vote is on some crack/heroin/crank/LSD mix.

Khyron

finboy
02-03-2005, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Khyron

Khyron

according to one of the articles above it said he had PCP issues in his past

AcuraTl
02-04-2005, 08:58 AM
i just noticed this last night, but all this talk of Being Jesus and having only one eye...maybe he is the anti christ!

gggunit
02-04-2005, 01:48 PM
What drugs was he on.. so I know not to take them.

45 cent
02-04-2005, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by 2.2vtec
Would this mean he's blind in that eye??

LOL what do u think :rofl:

Kirbs17
02-04-2005, 02:26 PM
Gouging out an eye is an interesting backup to attempting suicide. :dunno:

Primer_Drift
02-04-2005, 02:36 PM
Maybe he thought an eye-patch (pirate style) would give him some street-cred? jk
That is pretty sad, obvious the guy is lonely and confused. He needs some serious help.

d-UNiT
02-07-2005, 02:00 AM
ya dont make fun of him.. his actions are already causing shitty consequences... i feel bad for this guy... mo money mo problems like B.I.G. said... im sure there are a lot of factors that play a role in his decision makin.. he didnt take his medication.. and hes a skitzo.. so... i dunno.. his cd was one of my favs from 2004.. so i hope the guys alright.. i guess all we can do is pray for him

rice_eater
02-11-2005, 02:34 PM
hahahahaahhaahahahaha this guy is gonna be the poster child for all the anti-drug companies for years now :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :whipped:

BlueGoblin
02-12-2005, 02:52 PM
From what I have heard it was more of a Christian thing; a reaction to his drug use and the things he felt pushed into since becoming a celebrity.

As the bible quotes jesus,

"Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire. And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire" (Matt. 18:8–9).

USHER
02-13-2005, 08:22 PM
he said he was possesed by the devil and the devil was in his eye and the only way to get rid of it was to kill his eye i guess

Barking_Spidre
02-14-2005, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by USHER
he said he was possesed by the devil and the devil was in his eye and the only way to get rid of it was to kill his eye i guess

LOL. Nice reasoning.

d-UNiT
02-14-2005, 10:45 AM
nope more like ignorant comment

d-UNiT
03-20-2005, 01:57 PM
anyone have any updates.. on how hes doing or anything like that

finboy
03-20-2005, 02:52 PM
last i heard from mtv.com he split ways with his managment and moved back with his crazy religous family that are now claiming "it was an accident, he never wanted to harm himself"

his managers were saying his family was taking all his cash, and that he had nothing really to show for it, but who knows
:dunno:

ninjak84
03-20-2005, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by finboy
his managers were saying his family was taking all his cash, and that he had nothing really to show for it, but who knows
:dunno:

That's funny. If his family didn't take it, his managers would've.

What a shame. This guy could get "HELP" tatooed on his forehead, and still no one would give a shit. Especially now that he's broke.

d-UNiT
03-23-2005, 02:56 PM
you're an ass man, theres tonnes of people out there who like the guy, friggin ruddddddddddddde

ninjak84
03-23-2005, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by d-UNiT
you're an ass man, theres tonnes of people out there who like the guy, friggin ruddddddddddddde

:rolleyes: No, you're a poo-poo head :rolleyes:

Read what I wrote. You're right, I bet there's a million people who "like" him. But none of people are helping him. His family and industry friends are just taking his money and running, don't you see that? None of the people that matter in his life give a shit.

Def_3
03-23-2005, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Khyron

Khyron :werd:

d-UNiT
03-24-2005, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by ninjak84

:rolleyes: No, you're a poo-poo head :rolleyes:

Read what I wrote. You're right, I bet there's a million people who "like" him. But none of people are helping him. His family and industry friends are just taking his money and running, don't you see that? None of the people that matter in his life give a shit.

ok.. i still think you're wrong now.. sometimes when yer fucked up the best thing is space.. ?

toyboy88
03-24-2005, 06:17 PM
damn...that pic is crazy!!! :eek: :barf: