PDA

View Full Version : Freeze our fees at Mt Royal Today?

colinderksen
02-03-2005, 12:57 AM
Any see the uprising that was happening today at Mt Royal? I saw them with megaphones outside of EA and EB banging pots and pans around. I decide to leave and go for lunch in Wickam and guess who shows up? 75 people all yelling and screaming in front of the TV station cameras.
I guess they were crying about rising school fees.

Gondi Stylez
02-03-2005, 01:18 AM
ye i saw that too

they were carrying this HUGE block of ice also!

cman
02-03-2005, 01:20 AM
i saw it on the news.
they were upset because 3 higher up were given $50,000 bonuses, and shortly after 2 of them resigned and got to keep their bonuses. then as a coincidence school fees went up.
soemthing along thsoe lines.

finboy
02-03-2005, 02:14 AM
i'm willing to bet 90% of the people there were just skipping class :rofl:

Lanks
02-03-2005, 02:32 AM
Everybody bitches but it could be A LOT worse. ~5000 per year isn't too bad imo compared to other things you can take.

kenny
02-03-2005, 02:35 AM
For college/university students, alot of the protesters year after year don't seem too bright. They protest year after year, and guess what? tuition goes up year after year. Its such a waste of time lol

/////AMG
02-03-2005, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by Lanks
Everybody bitches but it could be A LOT worse. ~5000 per year isn't too bad imo compared to other things you can take.

Here here! :werd:

Singel
02-03-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by finboy
i'm willing to bet 90% of the people there were just skipping class :rofl:

It's not high school:D , if they're skipping class they're dumbasses cuz they're simply wasting the money that they already spent to complain about it...

MerfBall
02-03-2005, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by kenny
For college/university students, alot of the protesters year after year don't seem too bright. They protest year after year, and guess what? tuition goes up year after year. Its such a waste of time lol

Well those Poli Sci students have to do something with their degrees :nut: :nut:

finboy
02-03-2005, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Singel

It's not high school:D , if they're skipping class they're dumbasses cuz they're simply wasting the money that they already spent to complain about it...

you would be suprised, the stupid thing to do would be to stay in some of the required courses like "intro to computers." which is pretty much a grade 5 computers class.

lam-boy
02-03-2005, 03:44 PM
haha it was funny. I couldn't get around them to get to class..buncha bastards.

colinderksen
02-03-2005, 05:33 PM
I saw an indian in the crowd, and laughed at how he could get pissed at higher school fees, considering he doesn't pay for them. :D

Chester
02-03-2005, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by colinderksen
I saw an indian in the crowd, and laughed at how he could get pissed at higher school fees, considering he doesn't pay for them. :D

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: