PDA

View Full Version : Shooting in NW

KoukiS14
02-03-2005, 01:20 AM
Well i was just sitting here at the comp when i hear what sound like gunshots. Seeing as this is Canada and not South Central L.A my senses do not kick in as to which type of gun fired these shots. Or if in fact it was a gun at all. Only a few minutes later i hear HAWCS and night suddenly becomes day, so now its becoming more real. I just tried to leave my street and sure enough there is yellow police tape blocking my exit. I love Calgary......

Melinda
02-03-2005, 01:24 AM
:eek: Crazy stuff, this is getting so out of hand! Does it look like there are any injuries?? Hopefully everyone is okay and they catch the people behind this!

KoukiS14
02-03-2005, 01:24 AM
Im gonna go take a walk down and see whats up.

Melinda
02-03-2005, 01:25 AM
Keep us updated!

cman
02-03-2005, 01:30 AM
crazy, where in the NW? i live up tehre also

1badPT
02-03-2005, 01:31 AM
Yeah I saw HAWCS go by my apartment downtown heading North not too long ago so it was probably on its way up your way.

KoukiS14
02-03-2005, 01:34 AM
Well i just talked to an officer who told me that no one was hurt, just a few broken windows. So thats a good thing. Thats all i know at this time...

This upsets me, having this sort of thing happen so close to home..

nismodrifter
02-03-2005, 01:40 AM
just keep an eye on City beat tonight, something will be posted soon. The city is getting more and more messed up, last years murders were nuts and this year there has already been a whole bunch of stabbings...as the city is growing the crime is just going to get worse :(

cman
02-03-2005, 01:41 AM
i read city beat all the time now, its like its own mini newspaper. there is soooo much shit happening in the city that you never even hear about unless you read city beat. and thats just the stuff they put on there.

no_joke
02-03-2005, 01:52 AM
Wow, what community is this? And is this what City Beat is?

http://www.gov.calgary.ab.ca/citybeat/public/2005/02/index.html

Just the City website?

Superesc
02-03-2005, 01:54 AM
It's quite screw up I think, 'cause this happened so close to 2 primary school (Sandstone area)! WTF are people thinking?! Luckily its not day time with kids running around.

Altezza
02-03-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Superesc
It's quite screw up I think, 'cause this happened so close to 2 primary school (Sandstone area)! WTF are people thinking?! Luckily its not day time with kids running around.

Didn't you used to run around with guns? :dunno: :tongue:

DonJuan
02-03-2005, 01:59 PM
Dude I thought I heard sumthing last night!!! But I'm in Hidden Valley, how could I have heard that with the windows closed all the way from Sandstone? Where my house is I can barely see into across Country Hills into Sandstone. I just dismissed the sounds as some fireworks or sumthin. I think I was watchin Simpsons on Comedy Central, so probably just after 10:30ish? Does that sound right? Maybe it's time to move... Cascades..... mmmmm

blueripper6
02-03-2005, 02:10 PM
im in sandstone too...

around the time of the shootings my dog started to bark like fucken mad and wouldnt stop and woke everyone up.. today i found out it was at the same time as the shootings so my dog must have heard them!!!

turbotrip
02-03-2005, 06:29 PM
this city is starting to get pretty bad...but nowhere close to as bad as the US or some of the other cities around canada...with the break-in in the Hamptons 2 days ago where the family was tied up in open daylight, your not even safe at home....