PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Visco Safety Fuse (AKA Cannon Fuse)

Lifehost
02-03-2005, 01:23 AM
Hey guys. It's me the pyro again.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knows where the hell you can get some Visco fuse in Calgary (or in CANADA for that matter), or if anyone in the area has some they'd sell me. This is the green fuse that people make fireworks with, hook up to model rockets, and use them in smokebombs and such.

I've heard that gunshops sell them provided you have your licence... or is that only an American thing? Can anyone confirm this?

Anyways, the fireworks safety course is in May (in which I could legally purchase it), however May is a bit too far into the future for my projects.

So does anyone have any? I know it's a strange item to ask for, but nowhere better than here to ask I suppose!

Lifehost
02-03-2005, 10:44 PM
Bumpity bump

Lifehost
02-06-2005, 12:14 AM
Last bump

randomhero8473
02-11-2005, 03:55 PM
I have half a roll of thermalite left, but I don't think I'm willing to part with it.

How much do you need?

QuasarCav
02-11-2005, 04:02 PM
Medical tape and gunpowder, burns pretty quick but it's the same idea.

Get a 3' strip of the tape and make a V out of it, pour approx. half full of gunpowder and seal the edges. If the edged are not sealed you will get a blowout.

Have fun!

Lifehost
02-19-2005, 02:36 AM
Well, I can't get ahold of gunpowder. So that's out of the question.

I need mainly Green 3/32" visco fuse. Thermite might work, but if you aren't willing to part with it, then no problem.

If anyone even has a friend who has some, lemme know, I'll pay double if need be. A nice big roll.