PDA

View Full Version : What is "YOUR" MAIN motivation when working out

GucciBoy
02-03-2005, 07:17 PM
List yours. Mine is one thing and one thing only - women!

You would be amazed though I think alot of you, just how many women prefer the avg guy with a bit of a beer belly as opposed to one with 6pk and nice arms/shoulders, etc. You would be surprised, more than you would think.

Not saying it neglects me from working out and tuning up the body though. I appreciate a women who stays in shape and has a nice body, and I do the same for them. It shows that you care about how you look and your overall health.

WWJAI
02-03-2005, 07:41 PM
I do it mainly for myself just to look better. Also, I feel better about myself when you know your becoming more in shape.

Impreza
02-03-2005, 07:53 PM
I do it more for health reasons. It is a great feeling to stay in shape and wake up each morning fit and healthy!

I do admit I do it for aesthetic appeal as well, I just do it more so for health.

gggunit
02-03-2005, 08:02 PM
Health.. realease that happy hormone.. and it psychs me up when I see myself making gains and getting bigger...

buh_buh
02-03-2005, 08:19 PM
its as satisfying to me as cumming is. Can you believe how much I am in heaven? I'm getting the feeling of cumming in the gym, im getting the feeling of cumming at home so I'm cumming day and night.

RiceCube
02-03-2005, 08:44 PM
^^^^ ewww , chix

GucciBoy
02-03-2005, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
its as satisfying to me as cumming is. Can you believe how much I am in heaven? I'm getting the feeling of cumming in the gym, im getting the feeling of cumming at home so I'm cumming day and night.

Ok we dont need to know this shit, grow up!

SUPRAPHAT
02-03-2005, 10:04 PM
It's about women and health. That and the fact that I spent half my life as a fat mutha fucka and the thought of ever being fat again scares me!

Jason

buh_buh
02-03-2005, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by GucciBoy

Ok we dont need to know this shit, grow up! Grow up? Maybe you should lighten up instead. :rolleyes: It was a fucking joke (for those who have seen Pumping Iron). I guess its "not cool" now to joke around for those who may be thinking about cracking any jokes.

jaysas_63
02-03-2005, 10:16 PM
Grow up? Maybe you should lighten up instead. :rolleyes: It was a fucking joke (for those who have seen Pumping Iron). I guess its "not cool" now to joke around for those who may be thinking about cracking any jokes.

hahahh i LOVE that video

hockeybronx
02-03-2005, 11:11 PM
You would be amazed though I think alot of you, just how many women prefer the avg guy with a bit of a beer belly as opposed to one with 6pk and nice arms/shoulders, etc. You would be surprised, more than you would think

You're pretty much bang on there. In my experience girls don't give a rip about gains you make, they really don't want to hear about you eating cans of tuna, protein shakes, and supplements, and they definetely don't want to see you admiring yourself or walking around like you think you're the "shit".

I do it because it takes away stress, and any time I need to clear my mind (which is always), working out is the best way to get me back on top of things.

finboy
02-03-2005, 11:18 PM
i do it to stay healthy and live longer, i could care less what people think of my looks :dunno:

kevin, bonus points for the awsome quote, pumping iron is only $10 at rogers video for the dvd :thumbsup:

Wildcat
02-03-2005, 11:21 PM
im an aspiring bodybuilder, maybe in a decade i can compete. im a bouncer as well so that motivates me alot to. seriously.... fuck girls, do it for yourself.

Wildcat
02-03-2005, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by finboy
i do it to stay healthy and live longer, i could care less what people think of my looks :dunno:

kevin, bonus points for the awsome quote, pumping iron is only $10 at rogers video for the dvd :thumbsup:

i got it for $6 at A&B!

finboy
02-03-2005, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat
do it for yourself.

:thumbsup:

Dope Dealer
02-03-2005, 11:24 PM

Hahha best post ever. That part in pumping iron is classic.

buh_buh
02-04-2005, 12:23 AM
WHAT?! serious?? $6?! I gotta get me a copy.

Wildcat
02-04-2005, 03:16 AM
WHAT?! serious?? $6?! I gotta get me a copy.

ya it was on a clearance shelf, i got pumping iron, training day, and chris rock B&B for like $18.

davidI
02-04-2005, 03:23 AM
"It is as satisfying to me as coming is - you know, as having sex with a woman and coming. So can you believe how much I am in heaven?

I am, like, getting the feeling of coming in the gym. I'm getting the feeling of coming at home. I'm getting the feeling of coming backstage when I pump up. When I pose out in front of 5.000 people I get the same feeling. So I'm coming day and night. "

davidI
02-04-2005, 03:25 AM
Oh, and to answer the question - lately I have had no motivation so I've definately got to get back on top of that. When I was at the top of my game my motivation was chicks...then when I started doing it for myself I got lazier cause I realized that partying was a bit more rewarding to me! I skidded the ex last month though so hopefull I will get back into things ASAP!

swt_asian_soul
02-04-2005, 08:14 PM
i have noticed alot of times that those who only workout for girls never make it in the longrun, they only end up slacking in the end.

kiwi
02-04-2005, 08:34 PM
My motivation is for better health, & the satisfying feeling you get afterwards! & when you notice the effects, it gives you this great feeling of accomplishment! lol

GucciBoy
02-04-2005, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by swt_asian_soul
i have noticed alot of times that those who only workout for girls never make it in the longrun, they only end up slacking in the end.

Ok buddy

davidI
02-04-2005, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by swt_asian_soul

I'd say that's true...cause you work out and all the chicks love you and then you have a whole swack of chicks on the line and you're too busy with your women to hit the gym. :thumbsup:

JAYMEZ
02-04-2005, 10:08 PM
I like working out because it relieves stress and makes me feel better... I mean I feel bad for my friends who loose there breathe after walking up stairs bahaha.

mcshow
02-04-2005, 11:40 PM
I work out for a couple reasons

first of all it, when i work out during the day it helps me to relieve stress, but it makes me feel like i have accomplished something for the day, like more than just have gone to university and have sat in class

plus, i do it for health and lifestyle, me and my brother run a landscaping company, and its pretty crutial to be in pretty good shape or you just can't keep up with the work

And you know, the girlfriend never complains about the gains made thats for sure

PGTze
02-05-2005, 02:11 PM
Doesn't anyone else do it to get bigger/stronger/faster for sports? :dunno:

Wildcat
02-05-2005, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by mcshow
plus, i do it for health and lifestyle, me and my brother run a landscaping company, and its pretty crutial to be in pretty good shape or you just can't keep up with the work

you hiring this summer? late april?

RiceCube
02-05-2005, 05:12 PM
hehe coming... :rofl:

Charon
02-05-2005, 07:11 PM
Myself, I started for health/strength. I take self defence courses and you dont need strength to defend yourself but it can only help. More so if you get to the ground game and need to get on your feet fast.
But I used to have a hard time wake boarding because my arms were not strong enough. But now I dont have any trouble in that regards.

finboy
02-05-2005, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by PGTze

thats another for me, last beyond soccer meet killed me for a week after, so for this season i should be in MUCH better shape :thumbsup:

mcshow
02-05-2005, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat

you hiring this summer? late april?

yeah most likely, going to be expanding once again this year so probably going to need some more guys, pm me and i'll pass you my brothers number and info

swt_asian_soul
02-06-2005, 12:07 AM
YOur basically an example of one of those people!

Ok buddy

Neil4Speed
02-06-2005, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by davidI
"It is as satisfying to me as coming is - you know, as having sex with a woman and coming. So can you believe how much I am in heaven?

I am, like, getting the feeling of coming in the gym. I'm getting the feeling of coming at home. I'm getting the feeling of coming backstage when I pump up. When I pose out in front of 5.000 people I get the same feeling. So I'm coming day and night. "

I HAVE to see Pumping Iron, My friend started quoting it, and now after every set we say it.

You should see the looks we get lol.

buh_buh
02-06-2005, 03:53 AM
pumping iron might just be one of the funniest movies ever made

DUBBED
02-06-2005, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by PGTze

Golf. :thumbsup:

oddjob
02-06-2005, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by DUBBED

Golf. :thumbsup:

No no, world series poker. :thumbsup:

~Leah~
02-07-2005, 12:48 AM
My main motivation is both for health and fitness.... but also for my job. You don't wanna be a hypocritical personal trainer, I think that's the worst thing ever!!

sputnik
02-07-2005, 08:00 AM
motivation...

- so that i dont need to buy bigger pants
- more energy
- feel better overall
- look better

Foz
02-07-2005, 09:17 AM

So you're the one whose leaving all that sticky @#$ around..

2.4l
02-07-2005, 11:33 AM
: :devil:

hussein
02-09-2005, 12:47 AM
i do it for both. gotta look :bigpimp: when you go to a bar to get tha ladeeeeeez but you also gotta be in good condition to help you complete day to day tasks more efficiently than the average person who sits around and is too lazy to do anything.

badseed
02-09-2005, 03:13 AM
I'll admit mostly physical appearance but also the increased quality of life.

Horaysh
02-09-2005, 10:43 PM
k lets be honest....i dont do it to get ladies, i do it because if i ever get a lady, im sure that if there were two of me THE EXACT SAME, but one of me was buff and sexxay and the other was a skinny boy that cudnt even lift a sack off potatoes...she wudnt want the skinnny guy. SINCE Im skinny right now, if i get a girlfriend now, ill just make her happy by her knowing i care about my body and keeping her happy.

and reason 2 is that even tho ud think after working out ud be tired, im really not, i usually feel pumped up.

reason 3. no one will ever wanna start shit with me. not that it has happened yet...seeing as how i have never had to fight anyone ever :D

reason 4. as if u all dont like looking at ur own muscles!

Wildcat
02-09-2005, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Horaysh
k lets be honest....i dont do it to get laddies,

k lets hope not, you homoerotic scottsman. :rofl:

habsfan
02-09-2005, 11:37 PM
haha ^ thats not the first time "laddies" has owned someone :rofl:

lately my main motivation....lots of free time. im bored, nothing better to do, go exercise.

calgarygts
02-10-2005, 02:53 PM
My main motivation is sports, I compete directly with a lot of my friends and it motivates me to beat them. Definitely not for looks, otherwise I would stop trying to gain weight.

Tyler883
02-10-2005, 07:51 PM
My main motivation is vanity. I want to look good. I want the women to get hot and sweaty when I walk by. I couldn't care less about my health, that is why I take every roid you can imagine. What do I care if my children and grandchildren are born with defects. As far as I know, I don't have any children yet....I think not telling the women my name is working quite well- at least its a lot cheaper than condoms - LOL

:devil:

hockeybronx
02-10-2005, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Tyler883
My main motivation is vanity. I want to look good. I want the women to get hot and sweaty when I walk by. I couldn't care less about my health, that is why I take every roid you can imagine. What do I care if my children and grandchildren are born with defects. As far as I know, I don't have any children yet....I think not telling the women my name is working quite well- at least its a lot cheaper than condoms - LOL

:rolleyes: :zzz:

cityhunter2501
02-10-2005, 09:24 PM
I do it for health/fun and to be able to lift heavy weights is quite satisfying :thumbsup:

habsfan
02-10-2005, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Tyler883

you're a douche, please hang yourself

Tyler883
02-11-2005, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by habsfan

you're a douche, please hang yourself

ahem....:devil: means devil's advocate doesn't it?

Def_3
02-11-2005, 02:19 PM
my motivation is summer time:thumbsup:

dont wanna have to wear baggy big clothes to cover up any fat now do we?

Plus when I finally forced myself to start going regularly, I found I felt healthier, stronger, and ALOT more rested