PDA

View Full Version : import concern?

drmango
02-03-2005, 08:39 PM
im looking to buy a jdm nissan and i tried to use the contact us links on their site and they would not work for me. i was wondering if some1 had a email adress for import concern ppl?

thanks for anybodys help

Go4Long
02-03-2005, 08:44 PM
try contacting mx73someday on here...that's christian...

drmango
02-03-2005, 09:33 PM
thank you

mx73someday
02-03-2005, 10:54 PM
If you've already sent email, sometimes we are delayed up to 2-3 days in responding (I hate to say sometimes more :) ).

/////AMG
02-04-2005, 03:52 AM
They're proper busy!

Atleast they don't take a week to reply. :thumbsup:

drmango
02-04-2005, 07:49 PM
ok thats fine i would like to start the process asap as i have cash in hand though. all in due time though ty

chris
02-05-2005, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by drmango
im looking to buy a jdm nissan and i tried to use the contact us links on their site and they would not work for me. i was wondering if some1 had a email adress for import concern ppl?

thanks for anybodys help
im currently going through the process of bringing in a car now through them. Christian's a good guy, answers all of my questions. What kind of nissan are you thinking of getting?

TypeS
02-05-2005, 12:34 AM
Hey chris, are you the one who just snagged the 2-tone silver k's at auction?

drmango
02-05-2005, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by chris

im currently going through the process of bringing in a car now through them. Christian's a good guy, answers all of my questions. What kind of nissan are you thinking of getting?

im wanting a 180 sx s15 front end conversion perfered. if not i can do myself. also considering a fairlady tt

chris
02-08-2005, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by TypeS
Hey chris, are you the one who just snagged the 2-tone silver k's at auction?
yeah, looks like we'll be matching, hahaha

TypeS
02-09-2005, 03:27 PM
cant wait to see it man, when do you think its due? 2 months?

chris
02-09-2005, 07:24 PM
theres a shipment leaving on the 17th, hopefully it will get on, then it should be in vancouver on march 9th, hopefully in calgary by the end of march

Ghettobaby
02-10-2005, 07:47 PM
im currently going through the process of bringing in a car now through them. Christian's a good guy, answers all of my questions.

Yeah I just brought a car in throught them, and i would have to disagree about your perception of Christian. I found him to be rather unreliable and indirect, i would ask him a question and a week later he would give me the most vague anwser possible, made me wonder why it took him a week to come up with the anwser. When my car finally arrived it was suppose to have all the proper documentation in order to get the inspection done, but yet it did not come with a recall letter and so my car is pretty much useless, and the worst part is that when i contacted Chirstian to tell him about this little delemna he didn't seem to care he just acted as though it wasn't his problem.

chris
02-10-2005, 08:18 PM
just out of curiousity, wat did you ask him? cause he usually answers any question of mine right away. That's weird that he didn't give you the customs forms. I personally have had no problems and have never heard any problems with him until now.

Ghettobaby
02-10-2005, 08:35 PM
I asked him all sorts of questions relating to where i meet him to pick up the car, what things are my responsiblity once the car arrives, pricing for various things, and questions about there business. He gave me certain forms but none of them mean anything, i did not recieve a single form from him that is required for registration other than the bill of sale.

drmango
02-10-2005, 10:30 PM
hmm cause im am dealing with them right now. could one of you tell me EXACTLY what ALL i will need ones the car is handed over to me so that i can register and insure the vehichle. what forms and paper work i will need to ask christian for before hand? thanks guys.

also so far he has been quite reliable with answering questions with me.

chris
02-10-2005, 10:35 PM
hmm cause im am dealing with them right now. could one of you tell me EXACTLY what ALL i will need ones the car is handed over to me so that i can register and insure the vehichle. what forms and paper work i will need to ask christian for before hand? thanks guys.

also so far he has been quite reliable with answering questions with me.
:werd: , you will need the customs clearance form and then you will need to go and get an out province inspection form from the registry, then book your out of province inspection and get that done, and then take the oop form and customs clearance form to the registry and get them to register your car.

drmango
02-10-2005, 10:40 PM
ok thanks and also i talked to my insurance company today to get some info on what im gettin into. they really werent very much help at all. the lady said that most likely my insurance will " go through the roof" because it is a "high risk" vehichle as i do not have enuff experience with rhd. any1 have ne problems with insurance and cost raising?

chris
02-10-2005, 10:45 PM
i don't know about my insurance yet, i havent talked to the company yet. I'm guessing there should be no problem, make sure you are talking about just liability and not collision, cause collision will get expensive. Talk to types on here, he just brought in his k's and has probably dealt with all this already.

drmango
02-10-2005, 10:47 PM
LOL why wouldnt you want collision?

Ghettobaby
02-10-2005, 11:00 PM
Don't forget you also need a recall form. Many ppl told me that i wouldn;t need one, but i got my car 5 days ago and haven't been able to register it cuz i dont have a recall letter or a letter saying that there were no recalls

TypeS
02-10-2005, 11:17 PM
As for insurance, I had no problems at all. I told my broker what it was and when it was coming, he got everything ready for me and all it took was a phone call and a copy of the OoP inspection to insure it. Although I DO NOT have collision on the car, im 19 and they wanted pretty much 3/4 the value of the car a year....which in my mind doesnt help me one bit:dunno:

The form you will need is the "Form 1" from customs, this is essential in obtaining your OoP forms. That sucks your having a hard time Ghetto, I can vouch for christian, my transaction went nice and smooth.....which is exactly how you want it to go when your buying a car overseas.

mx73someday
02-11-2005, 03:56 AM
For the last time, you don't need a recall letter for a 15 year old Japanese import. It might be hard to believe but there are many officials in government or people who perform OOP's that are not properly informed or who give bad information.

We've imported over 60 cars, and you're the first person who has mentioned the recall letter. Check on GTRCanada.com, there is no mention of recall letters and there are dozens of members who have registered Skylines in Canada.

We took a car to get OOP'd at a place in Calgary, and they refused to pass it because the AMVIC book said that cars MUST have 17-digit VIN's to pass. Even after the registrar told them that it's ok to have a non-standard VIN, they still refused to pass it. So, we took the car somewhere else, and they didn't have a problem with it.

This is something you have to get used to with imported cars. Companies refuse to insure you, OOP's can be a pain in the ass, even registrar's can be difficult to deal with.

BTW- Your insurance company sucks if they won't give you insurance before registration. I got post-dated insurance for a car before it was even in the country in the past. If they won't even give you a temporary pink card to get an "In Transit" permit, then you should go somewhere else.

TypeS is one of our customers that registered an imported car not too long ago...there is your proof that you don't need a recall letter.

Go4Long
02-11-2005, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by mx73someday
BTW- Your insurance company sucks if they won't give you insurance before registration.
:werd: you should be able to get insurance no problem without an oop(especially since you have to have insurance on the car before you can legally even drive it to the shop to get the oop done)

Ghettobaby
02-11-2005, 10:27 AM
My insurance company will only give me what they call "buyers insurance" which allows me to drive the car for 24hrs.

TypeS
02-11-2005, 10:51 AM
i think it would be in your interest to find a better insurance dealer, one who doesnt treat you so poorly. Sounds like they really don't want your business anyway

Ghettobaby
02-11-2005, 11:18 AM
I don't care if they do want my business or not, for now im gonna stay there customer cuz there the cheapest place i've found.

Go4Long
02-11-2005, 11:32 AM
that's like saying you are going to eat mcdonalds instead of the keg because mcdonalds is cheaper.

drmango
02-11-2005, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Go4Long
that's like saying you are going to eat mcdonalds instead of the keg because mcdonalds is cheaper.

its not always better to stick with mcdonals when u can have steak from the keg.
the mcdonalds may be cheaper but in the end ull always end up gettin the runs eventually

Go4Long
02-11-2005, 11:53 PM

its not always better to stick with mcdonals when u can have steak from the keg.
the mcdonalds may be cheaper but in the end ull always end up gettin the runs eventually
that is totally becoming part of my signature:P

A790
02-12-2005, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Ghettobaby
I don't care if they do want my business or not, for now im gonna stay there customer cuz there the cheapest place i've found.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Why promote bad business practices?

Ghettobaby
02-12-2005, 02:12 AM
cuz i get excellent coverage and i dont pay very much, its not like i go around advertiseing who my insurance brokers are, so im not promoting there business. I am simply looking out for myself, i dont have 5-6 grand to spend on insurance a year, so as long as im gettin my insurace for 2 grand from these guys then i'll just stay with them and be satisfied with there policy.

finboy
02-12-2005, 03:34 AM
cuz i get excellent coverage and i dont pay very much, its not like i go around advertiseing who my insurance brokers are, so im not promoting there business. I am simply looking out for myself, i dont have 5-6 grand to spend on insurance a year, so as long as im gettin my insurace for 2 grand from these guys then i'll just stay with them and be satisfied with there policy.

2 grand a year???

i don't even pay that, i have an accident against me, AND i'm with one of the worst insurance companies around (i thought it was the worst, but yours sounds much crappier).

you should really look into another company

Obscura
02-12-2005, 04:26 AM
I pay $2500. year but that's for full coverage on two vehicles...:dunno:

Insurance companies are fun:whipped:

drmango
02-12-2005, 09:18 AM
i pay 188 a month and i have 2 accidents on my back. and a theft. LOL urs sucks. do they operate from the back of a truck?

paulsaddress5
02-12-2005, 09:39 AM
lmao^^^ haahahah:rofl:

A790
02-13-2005, 12:34 PM

You're promoting their poilicy buy actually being one of their clients. Try Blue Circle Insurance, ask for Sergio. He'll treat you nice :)

Ghettobaby
02-13-2005, 02:06 PM
Ok, I will, cuz i understand what you guys are saying, it was just the fact that i liked the cheap price that kept me with them.

A790
02-13-2005, 02:38 PM
Well, Sergio when I talked to him gave me a price that was 40% lower than ANYWHERE else. Don't know what he;ll do for you, but I'd call him just the same :)