PDA

View Full Version : Why no test pilots... (SPLIT from FS thread)

roopi
02-03-2005, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by pixil9
y no test pilots...not like its a super nice car anyway....theres tons of them and there not even fast....i personally think they suck ballz......and people who drive them are alwayz pussies cause they know they suck.....i had a 97 talon tsi...and this fag named ferris wouldnt even fukin race me with his lil type r...what a fag.

:nut:

cocoabrova
02-03-2005, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by pixil9
y no test pilots...not like its a super nice car anyway....theres tons of them and there not even fast....i personally think they suck ballz......and people who drive them are alwayz pussies cause they know they suck.....i had a 97 talon tsi...and this fag named ferris wouldnt even fukin race me with his lil type r...what a fag.

Keep posting shit like this if you want to get banned:thumbsup:

WWJAI
02-03-2005, 05:36 PM
I do agree with the fact about why no test pilots. How is someone suppose to experience the car and see if they want to purchase the car based on driving ability and performance if your not going to let them test it out?

Bump for a sweet car though...

cocoabrova
02-03-2005, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by WWJAI
I do agree with the fact about why no test pilots. How is someone suppose to experience the car and see if they want to purchase the car based on driving ability and performance if your not going to let them test it out?

Bump for a sweet car though...

Unless you're interested in purchasing the car 1) it shouldn't matter if the seller allows test pilots or not and 2) you shouldn't be posting in this thread. If you guys want to post a thread to discuss this, then go ahead, just not in someone's FS thread....

WWJAI
02-03-2005, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by cocoabrova

Unless you're interested in purchasing the car 1) it shouldn't matter if the seller allows test pilots or not and 2) you shouldn't be posting in this thread. If you guys want to post a thread to discuss this, then go ahead, just not in someone's FS thread....

Well If you interested in purchasing the car 1)You want to be able to test it out to see if there is anything wrong with the car as well as performance and 2)There's no harm in letting someone test out your car even for a few minutes as long as your beside them(It's not like you can't tell them to stop driving if your not driving properly) and 3)you shouldn't be posting in this thread as well then.

gpomp
02-03-2005, 07:42 PM

Well If you interested in purchasing the car 1)You want to be able to test it out to see if there is anything wrong with the car as well as performance and 2)There's no harm in letting someone test out your car even for a few minutes as long as your beside them(It's not like you can't tell them to stop driving if your not driving properly) and 3)you shouldn't be posting in this thread as well then.
hrm, i'd be a little more careful talking to a moderator like that...

Team_Mclaren
02-03-2005, 07:42 PM

Originally posted by cocoabrova

Unless you're interested in purchasing the car

So are you interested in the car or no? And I think test pilot here only means people that go and test drive the car without any intention in purchasing it, which does happen with a popular car like this. and if you have yet to realize, he is also a mod.

bump

WWJAI
02-03-2005, 07:45 PM
I'm just saying that anyone can come along and say they are interested in your car just so they can test it out so really...your never gonna know if the person actually is a test pilot or an actually interested potential buyer

Speed_69
02-03-2005, 09:07 PM
I'm just saying that anyone can come along and say they are interested in your car just so they can test it out so really...your never gonna know if the person actually is a test pilot or an actually interested potential buyer
That's true..i could just go up to someone selling a really nice car and pretend i'm so interested and ask a whole bunch of questions then i'll be considered an interested potential buyer when really i just want to test out the car. There really is no point in saying no test pilots. if you arn't going to let anyone test out the car (with you in it so they don't bag it) until they buy it..you might as well just keep the car for yourself!

Superesc
02-03-2005, 09:13 PM
I split the original For Sale thread since people just DON'T SEEM TO READ THE DAMN RULES.

HTN SWCHS
02-04-2005, 12:03 AM
newbies, theyll learn with time

finboy
02-04-2005, 12:09 AM
i wouldn't be allowing anyone to test my car out either unless i knew them well. how do you know if they know how to drive stick? they can damage your car, cost you money, and leave you with a car that is worth less.

if i'm selling a car, i will gladly take someone for a ride, but there is no way in hell i will risk damaging the vehicle by letting someone who might not buy the car drive it.

7thgenvic
02-04-2005, 12:11 AM
its someones car! if they say no test pilots that is their choice! End of discussion!

Can you mods BOLD the stickies! that would help alot

hjr
02-04-2005, 01:05 AM
if the person wont let you drive their vehicle before buying it, dont buy it. This situation happens cause someone is worried about the car, and really doent want to part with it that badly, or 2, they are scamming you. either way, walk away. (IMO)

EK 2.0
02-04-2005, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by hjr
if the person wont let you drive their vehicle before buying it, dont buy it. This situation happens cause someone is worried about the car, and really doent want to part with it that badly, or 2, they are scamming you. either way, walk away. (IMO)

also when you post your car FS and some punk ass 16 year old comes up with a huge smile on his face asking at what RPM you hit full boost when he wants to "test drive" it...

hjr
02-04-2005, 01:10 AM
haha. well thats your discretion. im talking from the buyers perspective, if someone wont let you drive their car, dont buy it. you have a point though

Team_Mclaren
02-04-2005, 02:09 AM
well I mean you can usually tell when someone is just here to test drive without intention to buy the car... as for kids, you can tell they are more interested if they bring along the parents and what not. I do agree, however, that some people still dont want potential buyer to test drive the car, plainly becuase the damange will be out of the owners pocket... but i will never buy a car then I cant test drive it myself. Guess its a risk either side must take...:dunno:

SSenDam
02-04-2005, 07:46 AM
Thread should be closed. This is subjective and up to personal disgression. Personally... Your a tool for caring.. If you don't get a test run.. and thats truely what you want, don't get the bloody thing.

roopi
02-04-2005, 01:23 PM
I've found people will say 'No Test Pilots' in there ads however if you go see the person and you are seriously interested in purchasing the vehicle they will let you drive it.

When I sold my car some kid showed up and asked to drive it. Showed no real interest so I said no. Another kid shows up with his dad asks a bunch of questions talk about the price a little and then he asks if they can drive it. They showed interest so I said sure.

I don't know if this relates to anything you guys are saying because I didn't feel like reading all the posts after I seen the first couple.

Zero102
02-04-2005, 04:57 PM
Another thing to consider, if you only have PLPD coverage on the car, and somebody takes it for a test drive and crashes, you're out the repairs. You gave them permission to drive the vehicle, and they're not liable for the damages they caused. Or so says Judge Judy :thumbsup:

replayboy
02-04-2005, 05:12 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).