PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer Speakers

Speed_69
02-04-2005, 01:02 AM
i'm on a low income so i was planning to buy some pioneer speakers instead of alpine. Currently I only have a Alpine cda-9825 headunit. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with pioneer speakers and tell me the clarity and quality of the speakers or should i just stick with alpine type-s?

GTS Jeff
02-04-2005, 02:15 AM
alpine type s are all hype, but pioneer speakers are pretty bad too. if u want an "entry level" set of speakers, look at the ones by rockford, infinity, and jbl to name a few...

futurecivic
02-04-2005, 01:38 PM
i like my type s havent had a problem with them
but pioneer havent really heard too much about them

soupey
02-04-2005, 04:59 PM
ive run both pioneer and alpine...the pioneer im running right now is 200rms and 800max...it seems to be running better than the type S i had b4 it...the construction also seems MUCH better than the type s...i guess it depends on the model numbers that ur lookin at....i have no complaints about pioneer tho, they still do sound pretty nice...ive been pushn my pioneer more than the type s, and the type s blew on me, the pioneer seems to be handling it much better...that might have to do with the max wattage on teh type s being 500W and the pioneer being 800W...overall tho, pioneer isnt terrible or anything...jus as long as u dont go to the very low end of it...

futurecivic
02-04-2005, 08:03 PM
he's talking about speakers not subwoofers