PDA

View Full Version : NHL talks broken off

bspot
02-04-2005, 02:48 PM
The NHLPA just turned down the best offer they are going to get. I can't wait until they finally settle on something alot shittier and get totally shafted.

I guess Goodenow looked completely pissed when he left the meetings, shoving reporters aside. I wonder whats going through his head "Shit... I sure f*cked up! What bargaining power do I have now?"

2002civic
02-04-2005, 03:40 PM
there goes the season:thumbsdow

bspot
02-04-2005, 03:45 PM
I guess the "shoving reporters" part was an overstatement by a pissed off reporter.

gongSHOW
02-04-2005, 03:56 PM
have the players seen the light?
http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=113756

Kirbs17
02-04-2005, 04:06 PM
They should have just accepted this cap. Players are sitll going to make a lot of money under a cap. :banghead: :banghead: I just want to see hockey

crazyning
02-04-2005, 04:07 PM
I don't think they'll ever come to an agreement. The smaller markets won't survive without a salary cap, and the players don't want a salary cap.

Although I'm not personally involved and don't know all the facts, I think there will be a NHL season in the fall made up of replacement players. The replacement players will have a valid argument to play: they'll say "you took all our jobs overseas, I have to feed my family."

As a result, we'll see many players coming back and playing under a salary cap.