PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Cadillac XLR (Medicine Hat)

schurchill39
02-04-2005, 05:14 PM
To get home from school I need to go through Medicine Hats pinner downtown. We stoped at the light and there parked beside the TD bank was a brand spakin new 2005 cadillac XLR. Beautiful car. It was a "pearl red" i believe is wat cadillac calls it. After doing some quick research i found out this car starts at 76,000 (on the cadillac site so its probly american). WOW our jaws droped when we say that car. We didnt have a camera but here are some pics of the model, the first one was the color and the second one is the side view that we saw looks so nice.http://www.gminsidenews.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10284/normal_NSAP%20011.jpg
http://www.newcarinsure.com/pics/cadillac-xlr-2004.jpg

lastskpirate
02-04-2005, 05:27 PM
some old guy drives it....i always see it infront of earls on dunmore ....thats seems to be a place where a lot of hatters with bling go to eat

purplehaze
02-05-2005, 12:47 AM
That makes it 2 for the hat...there's a black one,probally a 2004 though.They are around 120 Can. I beleive(loaded)

rmk
02-05-2005, 06:35 PM
I've seen 3 so far in Cgy, a silver one is always parked in the main front parking lot at chinook centre. the first time you see one it's awesome, but just another caddillac. supposedly there is a black lambo gallardo running around in the hat.:thumbsup:

schurchill39
02-05-2005, 10:35 PM
a black lambo gallardo? In the hat? I'll have to keep my eye out for it:thumbsup:

purplehaze
02-06-2005, 01:11 AM
A black gallardo...in the hat...:drool:

I'm assuming if this is true...it's parked in some garage waiting for summer :dunno:

I'd have to be a very brave soul(and filthy rich) to drive around
here in the winter through the roadcrush roads :D

Though I still highly dought it...not sure if there's a rich enough auto enthusiest living here...Hell...this is truck Country :banghead:

frozenrice
02-06-2005, 09:36 PM
Some things never change. Almost any vehicle made in Asia or Europe was a rare site in the Hat when I was living there. What's the import scene like now?

schurchill39
02-06-2005, 10:45 PM
Very very poor lol. There are the handful of well known cars. The baby blue teg, the "civic crew from phat boi" and a few other rare finds but I am hoping it is gunna keep growing

pixil9
02-06-2005, 10:49 PM
my friends dad has an XLR.. i think he paid 115k for it. Gotta love a mans car.. v8.

frozenrice
02-06-2005, 11:04 PM
I'm thinking next time I come down, I'll bring my Teg to gauge the reaction. Not that it's a great car or anything, but it's a modded import none-the-less.

schurchill39
02-06-2005, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
I'm thinking next time I come down, I'll bring my Teg to gauge the reaction. Not that it's a great car or anything, but it's a modded import none-the-less.

Definitly:thumbsup: You should look me up when you do.

frozenrice
02-06-2005, 11:26 PM
Have you found a car yet?

cman
02-06-2005, 11:47 PM
there are 2 in the crowfoot area of NW calgary. they both came into my old work all the time.

rmk
02-07-2005, 01:28 PM
heres some info i dug up about the lambo:

www.lamborghiniregistry.com/Gallardo/MY2004/4LA00123.html

sorry about the severe hijack of the thread

spike98
02-07-2005, 05:09 PM
I have seen alot of nice imports in the hat. My buddy drives a skyline and i know there is a black sylvia here too. Also seen a nice red NSX.

The rice scene is in full effect here. Like we are talking riced out cavi's and grandams. There are some pretty ass looking cars here.

I have seen the black XLR infornt of the 20th street macs in the heights. Sooooo nice!

schurchill39
02-07-2005, 10:52 PM
Yea i saw that white celica from hot wheels in calgary here today. If your buddy drives the silver skyline then he lives half a black down from me. The red NSX is my friend's dad. But definitly a rice scene

mazda_maniac
02-08-2005, 11:15 AM
That guy driving the 94 Celice is a retard. He bought that when we still had major amounts of snow and he was driving it around on its fuckin rims even. For fuck sakes park that shit. I think the best car here is the twin turbo Rx-7. Damn fast. Also if that registry on the Lambo is true, I gots to find that:drool:

schurchill39
02-08-2005, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by mazda_maniac
That guy driving the 94 Celice is a retard. He bought that when we still had major amounts of snow and he was driving it around on its fuckin rims even. For fuck sakes park that shit. I think the best car here is the twin turbo Rx-7. Damn fast. Also if that registry on the Lambo is true, I gots to find that:drool:

Is that twin turbo RX-7 in taylor? I havent seen it yet but i hear its amazing. We were fallowing the celica the other day and the font bumper looks so goofy, and the guy was driving like a retard. :eek: THIS CAR MAKES WIIIIIDE TURNS:eek:

mazda_maniac
02-08-2005, 10:44 PM
the rx has been around for a while now I believe hes redoing it again hoping to push over 500 whp but who knows thats what i've heard. I believe on the dyno without the turbos it ran 240rwhp last year.

frozenrice
02-08-2005, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by spike98
I have seen alot of nice imports in the hat. My buddy drives a skyline and i know there is a black sylvia here too. Also seen a nice red NSX.

The rice scene is in full effect here. Like we are talking riced out cavi's and grandams. There are some pretty ass looking cars here.

I have seen the black XLR infornt of the 20th street macs in the heights. Sooooo nice!

I gather that the skyline is a right-hand driver? One of the girls I work with - her dad is one of the owners of Sun Country Nissan. He was telling me somebody in the Hat imported a right-hander, but I can't remember if it was a skyline or a sylvia.

schurchill39
02-08-2005, 11:23 PM
I think there is only the skyline for RHD in the hat. The guy didnt import it either he bought off of some one on here for like 10,500 i think. Its jsut a base model. RHD (of course) rear wheel non-turbo automatic. Nothing spectacular... well for medicine hat its crazy but you know. I wonder what sun country thinks of that?

frozenrice
02-08-2005, 11:31 PM
Well maybe not imported but owns a RHD. He seemed very intrigued by it as if he knew how cool it was to own a RHD Skyline/Sylvia.

BTW churchill, I might have a contact for you on a G2. I'm just waiting for some pictures and details from another G2 guy. I'll keep you posted.

spike98
02-09-2005, 01:22 AM
Both the skyline and the sylvia in this town are both RHD. The skyline is a GTS-T M so it is turbo but has an exaust leak and sounds like shit! I know they guy VERY well and he is soon to be importing a GTR within a month.

Is that RX7 the black one or the yellow one. I have just seen them both parked and never wanted to hassle anyone for info. I seen a RHD Mecedes SUV the other day. It was an older white one. Rough shape though but still cool none the less.

schurchill39
02-09-2005, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
BTW churchill, I might have a contact for you on a G2. I'm just waiting for some pictures and details from another G2 guy. I'll keep you posted.

Email me, PM me or talk to me on msn about this. Give me any details you have! :D

schurchill39
02-09-2005, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by spike98
I seen a RHD Mecedes SUV the other day. It was an older white one. Rough shape though but still cool none the less.

Ah I think I know what your talking about. I new there was somthing messed up about it besides it looking goofy. Was there an older man with a big white beard driving it?

hollywood_35
02-09-2005, 06:42 PM
There are two red NSX's in Medicine Hat. The two red one's are standards I believe and there's a black one that's an automatic. Remo's dad hardly drives his red one, and the other one is always parked by Quizno's.

I noticed the Skyline has an exhaust leak when he first bought it. I was riding my scooter and I was sitting behind him in traffic and noticed it sounded like it was having trouble running. I think it's a nice car but whenever I see it, it's always so dirty.

If anyone has ever seen the dark blue RX-7 in town, that is a nice car. Me and my friend saw it go ripping by and my friend said that he lives down the street from him, and he knows his dad. So we jumped on our scooters and went to his house. He said it was a twin turbo but swapped it out for a single turbo. I asked how much boost he was making and he said about 20-30psi. He said he hasn't dynoed it since he has put the turbo on it, but he thinks it's somewere in the 450-500hp range. He only drives it about 100km a year, it's one of the nicest tuner cars in the hat.

I've also seen the Silvia booting around town once or twice, the first time I saw it was in the morning while I was on the school bus. He was driving with a young kid and he pulled up behind the bus. Some girl looked back and started freaking out because she thought the little kid was driving. It said S13 on the windshield in window marker so I knew it was from Japan.

I myself would like to own anyone of these rides :poosie: :thumbsup:

spike98
02-10-2005, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by schurchill39

Ah I think I know what your talking about. I new there was somthing messed up about it besides it looking goofy. Was there an older man with a big white beard driving it?

Yea!! I thought it was osama! You always see them type of MB SUV's in the middle east!

Originally posted by hollywood_35

I noticed the Skyline has an exhaust leak when he first bought it. I was riding my scooter and I was sitting behind him in traffic and noticed it sounded like it was having trouble running. I think it's a nice car but whenever I see it, it's always so dirty.

Yea he does kinda treat her like shit. The exuast leak developed about a month after her got it. It was 120 for the gasket from japan! :eek:

mazda_maniac
02-12-2005, 04:43 PM
The rx-7 I was talking about is the dark blue one, lots of ppl think its black. That is a sick car. Also theres two silvias in town and one skyline. Both silvias are black, and as schurchill said the skyline was bought off this and I believe both the silvias were purchased in calgary. 120 bucks for the gasket is alot but get used to it I'de say its part of owning a japanese import. Especially one that was never in production in canada.