06-29-2006, 10:32 PM
:drool: nice job man!

1-Bar
06-30-2006, 03:21 AM
looking good, kinda reminds me of the stock JDM navi unit :thumbsup:

JordanAndrew
07-05-2006, 11:01 PM
Maintainance light

I've got somewhat of a problem... My maintainance light is lit on.. I've already done a lot of fluid change such as my Transmission fluid flush, oil change, and my coolants. I've also just replaced my timing belt, water pump and tensioner. I've also replaced the oil filters, I've even replaced the spark plugs. My question is, What else could be causing this light to still come on? All I can think of right now is my brake fluid, but thats about it. What else can you guys think could be trigger this light to still come on?:dunno:

EK 2.0
07-05-2006, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by JordanAndrew
Maintainance light

I've got somewhat of a problem... My maintainance light is lit on.. I've already done a lot of fluid change such as my Transmission fluid flush, oil change, and my coolants. I've also just replaced my timing belt, water pump and tensioner. I've also replaced the oil filters, I've even replaced the spark plugs. My question is, What else could be causing this light to still come on? All I can think of right now is my brake fluid, but thats about it. What else can you guys think could be trigger this light to still come on?:dunno:

kilometers...just stick your key into your cluster...and then the light will reset. Depending on the KMS of the car it's reminding you to take it into your friendly honda dealer for servicing...

JordanAndrew
07-05-2006, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

kilometers...just stick your key into your cluster...and then the light will reset. Depending on the KMS of the car it's reminding you to take it into your friendly honda dealer for servicing...

ok ok, so where do I find this cluster to reset the lights? Sorry, Im a complete idiot and I'm still a rookie.:rofl:

EK 2.0
07-05-2006, 11:25 PM
ok ok, so where do I find this cluster to reset the lights? Sorry, Im a complete idiot and I'm still a rookie.:rofl:

no worries...either at the bottom of your tach or your speedo is a lil slot...stick your key into it and the light will go green again...

vtec
07-05-2006, 11:26 PM
there should be a slot at the bottom of the cluster. right below the tach and speedometer.

JordanAndrew
07-06-2006, 12:04 AM
Ok so I found that slot, I slid my key in and even held it in there for 10 seconds, but still the lights comes on when I turn my car on. So what I did was try to press this cluster while the car is on, but I still have that light on. What the hell??:banghead:

arian_ma
07-06-2006, 12:33 AM
Wait what light are you talking about?
I think you're referring to something different. Is it a light that looks liek the Check Engine light, or is it a little square thing right beside your trip resetter?

JordanAndrew
07-06-2006, 12:35 AM
Well this light is a little square indicator that is right beside the words that says maintainance required. If this helps, this color of the light is green.

buh_buh
07-06-2006, 12:47 AM
its supposed to be green, and its supposed to be on.
Green means everything's all good so no worries.

JordanAndrew
07-06-2006, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by buh_buh
its supposed to be green, and its supposed to be on.
Green means everything's all good so no worries.

Oh really?? ok ok, I was really worried that my engine just sucks and has a lot of problems there for a second. They should really say that when the green light is on that thing that everything is ok in the Manual handbook. All it said was that when the indicator turns yellow its roughly around 7500Km since my last maintanance and red if its at 12K. But nothing about a green light. I thought it was green cuz the car is a canadian car and not american. Sooo confusing!:banghead:

But thanks for the info Buh Buh.

arian_ma
07-10-2006, 02:58 PM
Alright guys I have a problem with a wheel bearing, rear right to be exact.
I was wondering if anyone has gone through the process of changing one of these out?
I know it's a hub and bearing assembly, so I'm going to have to buy and replace the whole thing.
Are there any guides out there as to what I should be doing? I've never done something like this before and am not sure as to what goes where.
Thanks in advance.

rc2002
07-10-2006, 04:39 PM
Have fun with that. You can only buy it as one piece (A $300 piece IIRC). You won't be able to get the wheel bearing off without a lot of work - mine was cut off using a heat torch.

If you've never done it before, I'd say the chances of you doing it yourself are slim to none. This is best left to the professionals. If you want to give it a try, just pull the wheel and brake rotor off, and see if you can get the hub assembly to budge.

vtec
07-10-2006, 07:40 PM
alright guys, i need help with my prelude.

Anyone with a 5th gen prelude and an hour of your time is what i need.

I have a 99 turbocharged prelude. I'm having issues with misfiring. I've done some diagnosing and noticed my ignition coil is cracked ( prob due to heat) and I'm measing 0 resistance across the primary side.

So what i need is to borrow someones to see if thats the problem with my car.

IN trade, ill take you for a test drive. haha :D

Let me know guys, I live in the NE area.

1-Bar
07-10-2006, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
Have fun with that. You can only buy it as one piece (A $300 piece IIRC). You won't be able to get the wheel bearing off without a lot of work - mine was cut off using a heat torch.

Mr. Richard is right about the price and the difficulty. Also you might be able to purchase the bearing separately but you'll need to press them in....which requires, well a press...

arian_ma
07-11-2006, 03:23 PM
Oh alright, thanks Richard and Chris for the responses, I knew it was a 1 piece thing, I just htougth maybe I could getit from PartSource or something for a bit cheaper. Honda quoted me 400$ to fix it, including parts, which is what I'm probably going to do.

I have another question:
Has anyone here ever changed their own clutch on their car?
I think it's time for a new one for my car, but I don't want to pay mechanic shop money to replace it. Is anyone willing to help me do this for a couple hunderd dollars?
Thanks

rc2002
07-11-2006, 03:36 PM
Pretty sure those are dealer only items. Although the bearings themselves can be found on their own, I would never use aftermarket bearings.

For the clutch, just pay someone the money to do your clutch right the first time. Most shops ony charge a couple hundred bucks labour anyway. If you do an amateur job and end up having to rip it apart again, it'll cost you even more. Cheaping out on things never pays off - I've figured this out the hard way.

1-Bar
07-11-2006, 08:56 PM
clutch job on shop rate IIRC is about $800, I think ryder_23 did his not too long ago and got some more accurate pricing....

arian_ma
07-12-2006, 11:20 AM
Thanks a lot guys!
ryder_23 do you recall how much your clutch job cost you?

ryder_23
07-12-2006, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by arian_ma
Thanks a lot guys!
ryder_23 do you recall how much your clutch job cost you?

I didnt actually do mine. I keep thinking about doing it, but just havnt had the time. I'll probably end up doing it myself or sending it to my buddies dad to take care of it. If you need a new clutch, letme know. I should be able to get one for ya.

rc2002
07-12-2006, 12:56 PM
$800 should get you all parts too if you're going through a dealership. Jobber parts might bring it down to around $500 all said and done.

You can find yourself a good Exedy clutch online for $200-300. Another $300 or so in labour and you'll be all set. That's what I would do.

arian_ma
07-12-2006, 01:24 PM
Richard: With the Exedy clutch, would the engagement be much rougher and more harsh than stock?
What would I gain from putting an aftermarket clutch in as opposed to an OEM one?

ryder_23: thanks for the offer, I will PM you.

edit: Is this what you are talking about Richard?
http://cgi.ebay.ca/EXEDY-92-01-HONDA-PRELUDE-F22-H22-H23-NEW-Clutch-Kit_W0QQitemZ160004968102QQihZ006QQcategoryZ33730QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If that is in fact the right thing that clutch would cost me less than $200. :dunno:

buh_buh
07-12-2006, 03:50 PM
If you haven't done a clutch before, you might be better off taking it somewhere. The Prelude tranny is a bitch to get out of the car.

boostinside
07-12-2006, 10:13 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

van
07-12-2006, 10:15 PM
That should be made in the Marketplace.

http://forums.beyond.ca/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=73

boostinside
07-12-2006, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by defekt1
That should be made in the Marketplace.

http://forums.beyond.ca/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=73

Thanks......and...it won't let me cuz I just signed up. :(

EK 2.0
07-13-2006, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by boostinside

Thanks......and...it won't let me cuz I just signed up. :(

then essentially you are breaking the rules...but what do I know??:dunno:

D-Man
07-17-2006, 05:02 PM
For those of you that care, my auto to 5spd swap is complete, we'll, the installation is. Just waiting for Brad to return so he can proceed with the street/dyno tuning... I'll post numbers once I get them...

rc2002
07-17-2006, 05:34 PM
Congrats. Post up the numbers when you get them. :)

JordanAndrew
07-18-2006, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by D-Man
For those of you that care, my auto to 5spd swap is complete, we'll, the installation is. Just waiting for Brad to return so he can proceed with the street/dyno tuning... I'll post numbers once I get them...

How much did that cost ya?

D-Man
07-18-2006, 04:53 AM
How much did that cost ya?

Too much...

JRSC00LUDE
07-18-2006, 12:06 PM
Might as well throw my hat in the ring. As my incredibly original name suggests, I have a Jackson Racing S/C 2000 prelude running a mighty 6psi. It's pearl white and I've had it since new, 106k.

Mod list is:

Jackson Racing Supercharger kit
Kamikazee ceramic coat header (2 1/2 inch collector)
Full 2 1/2 inch exhause up to the T1R can on the back (no cat)
AEM cai (modded to fit)
RC 550 injectors
AEM high flow fuel rail
JR high flow fuel pump and rising rate FMU
XTD stage3 clutch and 12 lb cromo flywheel (sketchy but thought I'd try it out....)
P28 ecu
Black Leather S2000 seats from an 04.
Stock Rims from 02 RSX (powder coated black....and waiting for tires)

It's been rage2-uned for 209 hp and 158 tq. Not smart enough or technologically equipped to post my sheets but the numbers can be verified by Richard or Rage2 or Toma I'm sure.

Ran a pretty impressive 24 second 1/4 mile due to the fact that my car launched in 1st gear real nice but then just reved out in 2nd, 3rd and 4th without going anywhere......Thought is was the clutch originally but then remembered that this same damn thing happened a couple times when the car was stock. I just never went past second gear when it did. So don't know w.t.f. is the matter with it cause it doesn't happen in "regular" street driving and doesn't happen consistently off the launch either....:dunno:

Primer_Drift
07-18-2006, 01:02 PM
I don't see a fuel pump in that mod list, do you have an upgraded pump?

JRSC00LUDE
07-18-2006, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Primer_Drift
I don't see a fuel pump in that mod list, do you have an upgraded pump?

Post updated, thanks!

1-Bar
07-18-2006, 02:54 PM
If you haven't done a clutch before, you might be better off taking it somewhere. The Prelude tranny is a bitch to get out of the car.

yeah, might as well pull the motor along with it...:rofl:

D-Man
07-24-2006, 07:03 PM
The car is finally finished, just waiting for the dyno sheet from Pat. I'll post my numbers tomorrow...

Now just got to wait 2 weeks for the transport company to pick up the car, doh!

arian_ma
07-24-2006, 07:31 PM
^^ I see your car everyday going to and from work, looks good man :thumbsup:

EK 2.0
07-24-2006, 08:29 PM
The car is finally finished, just waiting for the dyno sheet from Pat. I'll post my numbers tomorrow...

Now just got to wait 2 weeks for the transport company to pick up the car, doh!

I heard what it put down and great numbers...I just won't say anything until you do mang...:thumbsup:

D-Man
07-25-2006, 04:56 AM
Final numbers are a dissapointing 177.13whp and 139.63 ft-lbs of torque.

Why I'm dissapointed is the fact that when it was still automatic, it put down 164whp SAE corrected in Edmonton. I was expecting a 15% increase with just changing out the transmission. I guess my expectations where high or the auto transmission doesn't rob as much whp as I originally thought...

Regardless, I am a happy camper and can't wait till the car is back in my hands...

<arian_ma> I'm glad you like the car. Some things will change right away once I get it like new CF hood, rims and tires...

rc2002
07-25-2006, 08:24 AM
So that 164whp was on James' dynapack? 177whp on a dynojet might actually work out to lower than 164whp... Yikes

Manual transmission FTW though.

D-Man
07-25-2006, 09:07 AM
Richard, actually James did the tuning but it was done at Apex Modified (dynojet) since he had since sold the dynapack. So, comparison between the two numbers is apples to apples...

Why only a 13whp increase from changing from an auto to manual transmission, especially with the P72 ecu and hondata. I expected better results...

Any idea why my numbers are low? Heck, 177whp isn't much more than a stock 5th gen...

rc2002
07-25-2006, 10:51 AM
Yeah that's pretty close to stock. You probably have around 20whp over a stock Prelude...

But the thing is the H22 doesn't respond all that well to bolt on mods. Adding breathing mods like I/H/E don't help that much because air flow is already good. They're really only good for shifting your power curve higher - I found I gained a lot in the low end when I went back to stock.

Anyway, the tuning makes a huge difference too. You probably have some room to advance ignition timing, and depending on what your A/F was tuned to, you could probably pick up a few more HP from another tune.

1-Bar
07-25-2006, 11:07 AM
daymm I wish I dynoed my lude before I sold her....I wonder what my numbers would be. But it ran a 15.6 at 89mph!! haha....

buh_buh
07-25-2006, 01:06 PM
what mods do you have Darcy?
I made similar power NA, (about 175 equivalent at Davenport) so it might not be that far off. Richard's right, these motor's don't respond well to bolt ons at all.

D-Man
07-25-2006, 05:24 PM
Kevin, what did you have in terms of performance mods when you dyno'd approx. 175whp?

My performance mod's right now are:

Transmission, M2U4 (5th gen)
Quaife LSD
Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel
Exedy Organic Stage 1 Clutch Kit
Hayden Transmission Cooler Kit (#4454)
JDM Type-S Cold Air Intake w/ K&N Drop-In Air Filter
Spoon Sports ITR 70mm Throttle Body
Mugen Exhaust Manifold
Mugen Sports Exhaust
SMSP High Flow Catalytic Convertor
AEM Tru Power Pulley Set
T1R Voltage Stabilizer
94'-95' GSR P72 OBDI Manual ECU (Socketed For Hondata S200)
Hondata S200 Engine Management System
OBD2a - OBD1 Manual ECU Wiring Harness

buh_buh
07-25-2006, 05:28 PM
Hondata, Apex'i N1 exhaust, DC header.

rc2002
07-25-2006, 05:37 PM
Darcy, basically all you really have that makes a power difference is header and exhaust (header back) and engine management.

Stock intake is the best thing going - I would never touch a cold air intake, but for me the stock airbox with K&N drop in robbed me of 6whp on a Mustang dyno. If you're going for numbers, get a true cold air intake.

The tranny related mods will help you put power down to the pavement better, but won't net you any higher dyno numbers. I had the T1R and AEM Pullies too and they didn't do much for me at all. And the larger throttle body doesn't do much unless your intake manifold is ported to match.

Anyway, with some good driving you could probably hit low 15's with your setup. Good luck!

D-Man
07-25-2006, 07:14 PM
That is very true Richard... I was expecting a bigger jump in whp just by changing from the auto to manual transmission. 13whp isn't bad but my expectations were greater...

I've kept the jdm type-s intake to retain torque since going with a true CAI will yield better high end but you lose on the torque side...

I'd be happy with low 15's. I just barely broke into the 16's last year...

I think my next round of mod's will get me closer to what I'm expecting...

arian_ma
07-25-2006, 07:47 PM
D-Man, what kind of rims are you planning on getting? The bronze ones not baller enough for you? ;)
I'm a sucker for 18's on a lude though.
Are you planning on getting new rims for show and using the current ones for the track?
Also, I wanted to ask you what kind of tires you have, G-Force? I havn't had time to go into STRD in the past few days and never got a chance to fully check your car out.
When is it getting shipped back to E-Town?
I was talking to Will about your car and he said it was actually not too hard swapping the tranny compared to some of the other cars they've had to deal with.

1-Bar
07-26-2006, 01:30 AM
^he doesn't have bronze rims, they are gunmetal TE-37s, car is being shipped out east...

That is very true Richard... I was expecting a bigger jump in whp just by changing from the auto to manual transmission. 13whp isn't bad but my expectations were greater...

15whp at peak, I bet you your power curve is 10000x better when you overlap the manual vs. auto tranny.

JordanAndrew
07-26-2006, 02:19 AM
D-Man, what kind of rims are you planning on getting? The bronze ones not baller enough for you? ;)
I'm a sucker for 18's on a lude though.
Are you planning on getting new rims for show and using the current ones for the track?
Also, I wanted to ask you what kind of tires you have, G-Force? I havn't had time to go into STRD in the past few days and never got a chance to fully check your car out.
When is it getting shipped back to E-Town?
I was talking to Will about your car and he said it was actually not too hard swapping the tranny compared to some of the other cars they've had to deal with.

heh, speaking of 18's, I'm actually a huge fan of yours, I think I'm gonna get them next spring. If you're selling them later on, maybe I'll be interested.:D

D-Man
07-26-2006, 07:27 AM
Chris is correct, I currently have 16" Volk TE-37's in gunmetal. They are mounted on falken azenis rt-215's.

I recently aquired a set of 17" mugen mz3x's. I plan to mount them on goodyear eagle f1 gsd3 tires... These will be for street/show, and the volk's will be retained for track...

The car is being shipped to eastern canada probably within 3 weeks...

The install according to Pat wasn't too bad. It had it's issues like a cracked clutch hydraulic hard line, no clutch pedal bracket, and some electrical issues (clutch switch & reverse lights). Other than that, it was fairly straight forward...

buh_buh
07-26-2006, 11:49 AM
good to hear your cars going to see some track time (not just drag I hope). Your car should be able to run low 15s easily. In fact, I think Preludes should be able to hit high 14s in Edmonton with just better tires and a good driver.

arian_ma
07-26-2006, 01:59 PM
^^ Have you ever done any sort of Auto-X in your car buh_buh?
If so how does it feel compared to say an Integra to go hard into corners at higher speeds? I remember a friend of mine took me for a drive in his GS-R and it felt very nimble, even though I was sitting in the passenger seat. I've heard from a few on here that the 'lude feels like it is on rails with just some wider performance tires. ;)

buh_buh
07-26-2006, 05:23 PM
I did a few autox's in my car with only suspension mods a few years ago. It was the first time I ever had any seat time on a track, so I couldn't really drive at the car's limit, but I let one of the instructors drive my car, and I'd say its not a bad autox car at all. He was a very experienced (licensed) racer and done some international events, and he said it was a pretty good handling car. You can definately tell a difference with the wider wheel base as the car is going to be much more stable around corners than say a Civic or Integra. But the weight of the car really hurts going into and coming out of tight autox corners. I'd say the car is more suited for roadcourse than autox. But autox is a good place to learn techniques at a lower speed before you do a full roadcourse.

arian_ma
07-26-2006, 06:44 PM
Oh that's awesome man, I remember watching my friend in his GS-R try to take an offramp off of Deerfoot at 100 and the entire back end of his car went sliding. :dunno:
Are the Integras just really unstable or was he going too fast for his own good?
The turn wasn't even sharp.

1-Bar
07-26-2006, 07:52 PM
my car handles well for pretty shitty suspension mods I have done so far....

CivicDXR's civic IMO is pretty crazy considering the lack of suspension parts he has. He can mad corner with that car....

EK 2.0
07-26-2006, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by 1-Bar
CivicDXR's civic IMO is pretty crazy considering the lack of suspension parts he has. He can mad corner with that car....

My 'Vic does ok...but that lil red coupe has done some krayzeeeee shizz mang...

1-Bar
07-27-2006, 02:21 AM
^yours has mad oversteer Homie, kinda reminds me of Kenny's old car....

buh_buh
07-27-2006, 04:52 AM
kinda reminds me of Kenny's old car.... :angel:

I've driven my share of Civics on the track, never an Integra though. But I noticed the Prelude seems much more planted and predictable (maybe I'm just not driving my car hard enough) compared to Civics. But Civics do feel a little more racecarish if that makes any sense. Just 2100lb shell, no ps, no interior (the ones I've driven), very nimble, very fun to throw around corners. Just seems more raw.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind cruising around the track in comfort in my car though :D

arian_ma
07-27-2006, 12:06 PM

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind cruising around the track in comfort in my car though :D

Hahaha :bigpimp:
I'm scared that if I ever try any auto-x I will own myself and my car :(
Then again we are driving around a bunch of pylons but you never know if anything can go wrong...

rc2002
07-27-2006, 12:08 PM
Just remember that insurance doesn't cover any damage caused at the track so take it easy if you're first starting. I always wanted to try my Prelude at the track but never got a chance. Not sure if it'd "handle on rails" but it probably wouldn't be all that bad. It's was nice to drive in the city.

arian_ma
07-27-2006, 12:15 PM
With the suspension you had Richard? ;)
I love the stiffness of it, I'm not sure if it's comfortable though.
heh

1-Bar
07-27-2006, 02:37 PM
....I love the stiffness of it, I'm not sure if it's comfortable though.
heh

hahha.....:barf:

EK 2.0
07-27-2006, 02:41 PM
hahahaha...glad I wasnt the only one who caught that...hahaha...

arian_ma
07-27-2006, 05:12 PM
Wow I just got owned by myself.
:(

dj_honda
07-29-2006, 02:36 PM
hey guys, i have 720cc RC injectors i might be selling pretty quick. they fit preludes. perfect for you supercharged/turbocharged peoples. 280 obo. they are peak and hold, and i dont think i can use them on my b series shit. :(

vtec
07-29-2006, 02:53 PM
^^
should be able to. Most injectors for honda's are all the same for fitment. Worse case is that you have to change the lower orings for a tight fitment, but it should work.
I used to have a set of rc 370 on my prelude, then put them into a b series engine.

SilverStreak
07-29-2006, 11:20 PM
Richard, what car are you driving now?

rc2002
07-30-2006, 01:36 AM
Just sold my 350Z. I'm actually driving a Mercury Villager right now. hehe.

dj_honda
07-30-2006, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by vtec
^^
should be able to. Most injectors for honda's are all the same for fitment. Worse case is that you have to change the lower orings for a tight fitment, but it should work.
I used to have a set of rc 370 on my prelude, then put them into a b series engine.

yea these were longer than the b series ones. i got them in and tightened them down. we'll see if the lower part leaks or not....

SilverStreak
07-30-2006, 07:03 AM

That is interesting, since I remember you had an MR2 and the Prelude so both are gone now and you got a 350Z and then sold that too. What next?

Why did you get rid of the 350?

1-Bar
07-30-2006, 11:17 AM

wtf you change cars more then people change their underwear....hahaha....I guess the prelude is the car you had the longest....

EK 2.0
07-30-2006, 12:26 PM
wtf you change cars more then people change their underwear....hahaha....I guess the prelude is the car you had the longest....

no, no the villager Chris...

rc2002
07-30-2006, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by SilverStreak

That is interesting, since I remember you had an MR2 and the Prelude so both are gone now and you got a 350Z and then sold that too. What next?

Why did you get rid of the 350?

Actually I've never had an MR2. Had a 240sx and a few CRX's. 350Z was too baller for me, plus I wanted some liquid assets because I'm looking at buying a house.

Originally posted by EK 2.0

no, no the villager Chris...

haha, I think my insurance company hates me now. The Prelude was one of the best cars I owned. :) But Arif is right, I learned to drive on the Villager over 10 years ago! It's still running strong too. :)

SilverStreak
08-01-2006, 10:02 AM
Richard, I remember you had an MR2, don't deny it :D
It was electron blue.

buh_buh
08-01-2006, 01:31 PM
thats a different Richard your thinking of. Richard Tan think? Not Richard Chan.

EK 2.0
08-01-2006, 05:32 PM
thats a different Richard your thinking of. Richard Tan think? Not Richard Chan.

Tan, Chan y'all look the same to me...hahahaha

euro_racer
08-01-2006, 06:07 PM
hey i just bought one loving the car its a 01 se fully loaded 5spd with only 61k. never really taught much of thease cars and never really understood what people found so special about them, but right after i drove this car i fell in love with it, its not too slow, its classy, and its my first experience with VTEC....i love it :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/karnaibsg/jettaparts024.jpg

SilverStreak
08-01-2006, 06:26 PM

haha, my mistake :D

The Prelude was a good car, I miss it sometimes. Hopefully Honda will bring the Prelude name back one day.

rc2002
08-01-2006, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by euro_racer
hey i just bought one loving the car its a 01 se fully loaded 5spd with only 61k. never really taught much of thease cars and never really understood what people found so special about them, but right after i drove this car i fell in love with it, its not too slow, its classy, and its my first experience with VTEC....i love it :D

Oh no. Another honda fanboy is born. :)

Good choice. The Prelude is one of the most refined Honda's I've ever driven. It's a great car.

buh_buh
08-01-2006, 07:56 PM
hey, anyone got a pair of front seats they want to sell? Leather or cloth doesn't matter.

rc2002
08-01-2006, 08:25 PM
Dammit. I just sold a set of them last month for cheap... I'll keep an eye out though. Are you selling your recaros?

1-Bar
08-01-2006, 08:34 PM
^^me thinks he misses the heated seats :D

Sounds so much like the day I took one for a test drive. Next week I bought the car :D

JordanAndrew
08-02-2006, 12:12 AM

Nice looking Prelude, good choice.:thumbsup:

buh_buh
08-02-2006, 01:30 AM
heh, my story is pretty similar too. Basically test drove the car for fun, not really looking to buy it. At the time I was looking at a RSX or WRX. But after going for a test drive, I fell in love with it and bought it the next week.

Dammit. I just sold a set of them last month for cheap... I'll keep an eye out though. Are you selling your recaros? dammit! Thanks man, that would be awesome. Yeah, I'm thinking about getting rid of them.

JordanAndrew
08-02-2006, 03:37 AM
heh, my story is pretty similar too. Basically test drove the car for fun, not really looking to buy it. At the time I was looking at a RSX or WRX. But after going for a test drive, I fell in love with it and bought it the next week.

dammit! Thanks man, that would be awesome. Yeah, I'm thinking about getting rid of them.

I might be interested in swapping my seats, how are those recardos like? is it leather? My seats on my lude are cloth ones.

buh_buh
08-02-2006, 03:53 AM
sorry man, not looking to swap. Someone's already got dibs on these seats. But they are by far the most comfortable reclinable aftermarket seat I have ever sat in. Way better than stock. Would you consider selling them?

D-Man
08-02-2006, 07:31 AM
But they are by far the most comfortable reclinable aftermarket seat I have ever sat in. Way better than stock.

Then why down grade back to stock seats? I love my recaro's...

buh_buh
08-02-2006, 01:37 PM
I'm not really going back to stock.
Thinking about going to a bucket and a stock passenger seat.

euro_racer
08-02-2006, 03:37 PM

Oh no. Another honda fanboy is born. :)

Good choice. The Prelude is one of the most refined Honda's I've ever driven. It's a great car.

haha not really a fanboy here, after all this is my 4th honda ive owned soo far
:D

i was looking to buy a mk3 vw vr6 but the gas prices got to me and performance wise they are similar so the result was the lude :D

arian_ma
08-02-2006, 04:42 PM
I'm not really going back to stock.
Thinking about going to a bucket and a stock passenger seat.

Would you trade + cash one of your recaros for one of my stocks?
That would be awesome :D

buh_buh
08-03-2006, 12:20 AM
no sorry. Someone's already got dibs on my seats.
Are you willing to sell just a passenger seat?

arian_ma
08-04-2006, 12:57 PM
Well I'd want a seat to replace it. Damn if the person backs out let me know. Also would this work:
Give you my passenger seat, move driver's seat to passenger side, put new seat in driver position?
Or would it just be easier to give you driver's seat and install new seat in it's place? (hypothetically)

rc2002
08-04-2006, 01:18 PM
Haha, Arian you could put the racing seat on the passenger side and keep your stock driver's seat.

Moving the driver's seat to the passenger side will be a lot of work - you'll have to swap rails and they might not swap directly. Plus the tilt and seatbelt connector will be on the wrong side.

arian_ma
08-05-2006, 03:08 AM
Haha that sounds like a lot of fun :rolleyes:
I was just wondering anyhow, I doubt I'll be swapping the seats (heated seats :bigpimp: )

JordanAndrew
08-05-2006, 03:37 AM
Hahaha yeah the heated seats really gives us a lot of comfort especially during winter times (which is like 3/4 of the time in calgary.. well pretty much.. hahaha)

:clap: Heated seats!

JordanAndrew
08-05-2006, 03:38 AM
Hey Arian, what kind of lowering springs do u you have on your lude if you have any and how much did that cost ya?

arian_ma
08-05-2006, 03:50 AM
I have the coil overs, Tokico blue shocks and Eibach Ground controls. The set will cost you somewhere around $1K, probably a bit more than that after the install and stuff (unless you are willing to try it yourself).