PDA

View Full Version : Calgary's Official 5th Gen Lude Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19

1-Bar
08-05-2006, 09:03 AM
^install is not too bad on the lude, the problem area are the rears, its a bitch to wedge in place....then again what isn't a bitch to install in the lude??

arian_ma
08-05-2006, 02:31 PM
Yeah I installed my fronts myself (with a little help from Richard :D ) but the rears I looked at and didn't even attempt. I had to take out the whole thing and replace it with stock and take it to a shop for them to do the work. Hahaha

vtec
08-05-2006, 03:33 PM
yea the rears are a bitch to do, but after doing it 3 times for me, i can do both in 30 mins.

rc2002
08-06-2006, 03:52 PM
The trick is the disconnect the upper ball joint. Then there's a lot more room to fit the shock/spring assembly back in.

arian_ma
08-06-2006, 10:07 PM
Richard is pro listen to him :bigpimp:

Skyline_Addict
08-12-2006, 09:57 AM
what fluid do you guys use/should I be using to fill up the clutch master resevior?

reservoir looks emptied and there is no pressure on my clutch pedal what so-ever. need to know what fluid to put in there so the car is drive-able and i can take it somewhere to get it checked for leaks.

thanks

rc2002
08-12-2006, 10:33 AM
I would use OEM clutch fluid, but the aftermarket ones will do the job too. It's the same thing as brake fluid go with a dot 4.

Skyline_Addict
08-12-2006, 03:06 PM
thanks richard,

after i've filled up the resevoir with dot4, is there anything i need to do to get the pressure back to normal. i have just filled it up and the clutch still has no feedback.

should i just let the car sit for a while, or do i have to pump the clutch pedal a few times or anything?

thanks

JordanAndrew
08-19-2006, 01:28 AM
I've got a question about carbon fiber hoods.
I'm looking into getting one for my 1997 Prelude and a lot of people have told me to just stay with Seibon or VIS. Any feedbacks and experiences with these brands of CF hood?

Also, is it ok to keep those CF hoods during winter or should I swap back to my OEM hood when winter comes around? I've talked to Will(speedtech) about this and he said it should be ok to keep it all year around and that there shouldn't be any warping or anything. I trust Will but I would just like some more feedbacks before I go with this. Thanks again guys.

Lo)2enz0
08-19-2006, 03:28 AM
the cf trunk should be ok. the only reason for changing the hood is because the heat from the engine during the winter and the cool temp's and mess up the hood.

and for seibon and vis, they booth are ussually good cf products

on another note, picked up my prelude today. and wow, what and awsome car. great to drive, put 200km's on it today. but the factory deck sucks, it wouldn't play cd's that had the slightest mark on them. so a friend of mine put in a alpine CDE-9846 today for me. awsome deck with just the stock speakers.

JordanAndrew
08-19-2006, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
the cf trunk should be ok. the only reason for changing the hood is because the heat from the engine during the winter and the cool temp's and mess up the hood.

and for seibon and vis, they booth are ussually good cf products

on another note, picked up my prelude today. and wow, what and awsome car. great to drive, put 200km's on it today. but the factory deck sucks, it wouldn't play cd's that had the slightest mark on them. so a friend of mine put in a alpine CDE-9846 today for me. awsome deck with just the stock speakers.

Thanks, good to know.

As for Alpine decks, I gotta agree, they are effin amazing, and a nice car like a Prelude deserves a nice new deck. I've got an Alpine deck myself, Alpine IVA-W200 DVD deck. I'm definitely lovin' it!

1-Bar
08-19-2006, 10:00 AM
^^^^personally I wouldn't keep the CF hood for the winter, just because rock will chip away at the clear coat.

I had a VIS CF Hood and trunk and I luved it, except for the fact that you have to remove the tension rods that hold the trunk in. Then the trunk sits unevenly due to un-even tension. There's 2 rods in place, you have to remove one.

Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
thanks richard,

after i've filled up the resevoir with dot4, is there anything i need to do to get the pressure back to normal. i have just filled it up and the clutch still has no feedback.

should i just let the car sit for a while, or do i have to pump the clutch pedal a few times or anything?

thanks

Is your slave/master leaking?? You need to bleed the system, clear your schedule for about an hour of pumping and bring a friend

rey_mysterio
08-20-2006, 04:28 PM
Hi,
I'm trying to figure out how to remove my front bumper from my 99' Honda Prelude.
I need to remove the headlights, and in order to do that, the bumpers got to come off.

I specifically need to know where I can find ALL bolts that need to be removed.

PLEASE HELP.....

* Thanks

*PS - If you have any kind of diagram too, that would be a bonus!

1-Bar
08-21-2006, 09:21 AM
1. unscrew the ones that attach the bumper to the front fender in the wheel well (one for each sides)
2. 2 bolts under the bumper that hold the splash sheild in place
3. take off the front bezel (the one that says Prelude), these are sequred by those clips witch you remove the center
4. there should be some more of those clips under the bezel
5. take off the wiring for the side markers and the front turn signals

I think that's it.....IIRC

Lo)2enz0
08-21-2006, 01:46 PM
hey does anyone have a picture of a lude with 17x7 and a 40 offset kicking around. I looked at that list in my prelude offset thread and it says it may rub or something like that but 40 is easier to come by than 48

D-Man
08-22-2006, 05:03 AM
After a long 4-1/2 months, the car has finally arrived.

There wasn't any real damage during the whole shipping process other than a couple scuffs and a dirty interior/exterior, nothing that a good scrubbing can't remedy.

I beleive the exhaust resonator was scraped during loading/unloading so I'm getting a little exhaust rattle, probably touching the heat shield. I just need to jack up the car and take a look...

Pat at STRD did a great job on the install, everything looks like it was installed very well.

Initial driving impressions are great. The car pulls hard, shifts really nice and the clutch pedal feels good. Just need to get use to driving it... The shift knob is a little slippery, probably because it's metal. I think I'm going to change it to something else, maybe a JDM black leather with red stiching.

I do have a minor issue with going over bumps. The front of the car seems hard and doesn't absorb the bumps. I get a slight thud when going over large bumps. I'm not sure if it's my suspension or if it would be my engine/tranny mount inserts (Energy Suspension). I need to get underneath it to see if there is anything loose or if anything is damaged.

Overall, it's a new driving experience and I'm glad I did the tranny swap.

JordanAndrew
08-30-2006, 10:47 PM
Can anyone tell me how much would replacing my headlight bulbs and daylight bulbs? Just seeing if I can get a better price off here than the dealership.

arian_ma
08-30-2006, 11:42 PM
At the dealership it's like 9 bucks a bulb or something. Go to SpeedTech and get yourself some nice PIAA ultra bright bulbs, you won't regret it. They are like 25 bucks for 2 or something so not much different.

JordanAndrew
08-31-2006, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by arian_ma
At the dealership it's like 9 bucks a bulb or something. Go to SpeedTech and get yourself some nice PIAA ultra bright bulbs, you won't regret it. They are like 25 bucks for 2 or something so not much different.

alright, sounds good, I might drop by speedtech then. So Arian, whats the deal with your stuff from your car? :D

legendboy
08-31-2006, 08:22 AM
Just started fabricating a full turbo kit in a 97 lude. I'll try and get some pics to post tonight.

All i can say is PAIN IN THE ASS!!!! lol!

arian_ma
08-31-2006, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by JordanAndrew

alright, sounds good, I might drop by speedtech then. So Arian, whats the deal with your stuff from your car? :D

Waiting for one person.
I tell ya, people are REAAAAALLY oblivious as to the trouble other people are willing to go through for them, and even then they are still super ignorant and decide to still make me wait for no reason...

rc2002
08-31-2006, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by legendboy
Just started fabricating a full turbo kit in a 97 lude. I'll try and get some pics to post tonight.

Nothing like B-series in Integras eh? Is it harder than that EF turbo kit you did?

1-Bar
08-31-2006, 11:01 AM

the lude with the special edition volks?? hehhe.....

legendboy
08-31-2006, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002

Nothing like B-series in Integras eh? Is it harder than that EF turbo kit you did?

so far, way harder! it took me 3 hours to decide where i wanted the turbo to sit lol

it should be pretty cool tho, the turbo is pretty much facing torwards the front of the car with use of a half rad. will use a 3" downpipe with vband and stock xmember...etc...etc....

my design will eliminate all the pains in the ass for turboing a 5th gen. there will be loads of room up front. everything will be eaisly accessable :thumbsup:

legendboy
08-31-2006, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by 1-Bar

the lude with the special edition volks?? hehhe.....

yep, do you know him?

buh_buh
08-31-2006, 03:05 PM
good to hear Corey.
I wanna check this out sometime.

1-Bar
08-31-2006, 03:32 PM

so far, way harder! it took me 3 hours to decide where i wanted the turbo to sit lol

it should be pretty cool tho, the turbo is pretty much facing torwards the front of the car with use of a half rad. will use a 3" downpipe with vband and stock xmember...etc...etc....

my design will eliminate all the pains in the ass for turboing a 5th gen. there will be loads of room up front. everything will be eaisly accessable :thumbsup:

sweet, would your setup clear JDM fog lights y0???
I know the car and kinda the driver of that particular lude...

vtec
08-31-2006, 07:03 PM
post some pics!!

legendboy
09-01-2006, 08:22 AM
not a great pic, i'll post more as i go

1-Bar
09-01-2006, 10:50 AM
looks good :)

rc2002
09-01-2006, 11:38 AM
Oh man, no A/C? :)

legendboy
09-01-2006, 01:51 PM
a/c is for the weak!

EK 2.0
09-01-2006, 05:40 PM
very interesting turbo positioning...:thumbsup:

1-Bar
09-02-2006, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
Oh man, no A/C? :)

lol spoiled....

rc2002
09-02-2006, 11:50 AM
Hehe, what are you talking about? Half of my cars didn't have A/C (and that was one of the big reasons they got the boot). :)

marko polo
09-07-2006, 03:16 AM
is it normal for 5gen ludes to have smoggy exhaust. i have heard they burn oil but is this why the exhaust is slightly darker than some other cars?

Skyline_Addict
09-07-2006, 03:37 AM
h22as have a slight reputation of burning oil, hence the smog. i've rarely seen this in any h22as, and a well kept once should not have this problem.

EK 2.0
09-07-2006, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
h22as have a slight reputation of burning oil, hence the smog. i've rarely seen this in any h22as, and a well kept once should not have this problem.

By the way Terence...how is yours running now??...Everything sorted out??

jdmakkord
09-10-2006, 11:44 AM
Where can I find a CF spark plug cover guys? My stock one is cracked and looks like ass, anywhere local, or decent online shop?

rc2002
09-10-2006, 11:52 AM
It's big money. I only know of ones made by spoon or gemini. I believe AJ-Racing can get in a spoon one.

1-Bar
09-10-2006, 11:59 AM
gemini in vancouver, that's the one I had in my lude....lots of coin though for what you're paying for

D-Man
09-11-2006, 08:32 AM
gemini in vancouver, that's the one I had in my lude....lots of coin though for what you're paying for

I have the gemini CF/Kevlar spark plug cover. Unfortunately, gemini carbon composites is no longer making cf auto products due to the world wide CF shortage. This absolutely sucks cause I really wanted one of their CF hoods...

JordanAndrew
09-13-2006, 04:55 PM
If anyone cares, I thought I posted the Greddy lip that I got from Arian a week ago, I got it re-painted. Looks really good, now all I have to do is wax my car so the lip doesn't stand out soo much. Hahaha! Thanks again Arian! :thumbsup:

http://users.nexopia.com/uploads/702/702926/Gred3.jpg

Hehe, you can barely notice the dent on my front hood. WHOOP WHOOP!

Lo)2enz0
09-13-2006, 05:00 PM
Do you go to SAIT?

i always see a black prelude with a greddy lip cruising around there.

arian_ma
09-13-2006, 05:02 PM
^^ He just recently got the lip installed (like yesterday) so I don't know if it's the same car.

JordanAndrew
09-14-2006, 12:21 AM
Do you go to SAIT?

Actually I do go to SAIT but you most likely see another Black Prelude down there cuz I don't start school til the 25th.

And yes, I just got it installed today so I'm pretty sure Im not the one you see out there.

You will be seeing me in the next 2 weeks probably though. :thumbsup:

I'd like to see your Prelude as well. Do you still have your CF hood on?

Lo)2enz0
09-15-2006, 01:25 PM
Ya, the guys i was thinking of has the SH wheels. i was walking to my car by the thomas riley building and he drove by.

But quick question guys, what type of oil are you guys running?

i just changed over to mobile 1 5w30 and my car is starting to puff a bit. I don't go over 4000rpm (which i ussually shift at 3000rpm) and my car has only seen v-tec a hand full of times. I am affraid i have either some bad seals or a piston ring is shot but i called up the dealership where i purchased it from and they are going to be looking it over (since its still in the 30 warrenty time period). I was thinking maybe getting off synthetic and going to a normal oil because i had a similar problem with my ca18det in my 240sx and once i got off the synthetic i stopped smoking.

any input would be sweet and if i ring is shot it looks like i will be driving on it until i sell my 240sx...

JordanAndrew
09-15-2006, 02:22 PM
I use Motul synthentic and it runs pretty good on my car. I get it from Speedtech. I always thought synthetic oils were better than regular oil, at least that's what everyone tells me. :dunno:

jdmakkord
09-16-2006, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by D-Man

I have the gemini CF/Kevlar spark plug cover. Unfortunately, gemini carbon composites is no longer making cf auto products due to the world wide CF shortage. This absolutely sucks cause I really wanted one of their CF hoods...

Hmmm, now what to do? I really want a cf cover!:(

rc2002
09-16-2006, 11:33 AM
Did you try ebay yet? I found one on ebay for like $40. Looked exactly like the real thing.

jdmakkord
09-16-2006, 03:47 PM
Heres a sneak peek:D

arian_ma
09-16-2006, 05:26 PM
Ya, the guys i was thinking of has the SH wheels. i was walking to my car by the thomas riley building and he drove by.

But quick question guys, what type of oil are you guys running?

i just changed over to mobile 1 5w30 and my car is starting to puff a bit. I don't go over 4000rpm (which i ussually shift at 3000rpm) and my car has only seen v-tec a hand full of times. I am affraid i have either some bad seals or a piston ring is shot but i called up the dealership where i purchased it from and they are going to be looking it over (since its still in the 30 warrenty time period). I was thinking maybe getting off synthetic and going to a normal oil because i had a similar problem with my ca18det in my 240sx and once i got off the synthetic i stopped smoking.

any input would be sweet and if i ring is shot it looks like i will be driving on it until i sell my 240sx...

I don't know if you already know this or not but H22A engines are known to burn oil, usually in V-TEC but still they are oil burners. I noticed the same thing, took the car to the dealership and they told me it was normal for an H22A to burn a litre of oil every 1200-1500 KM. Just check your oil at the gas station and you should be good to go.

euro_racer
09-16-2006, 05:30 PM
Do you go to SAIT?

LOL thats me
:D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/karnaibsg/Picture257.jpg

i just dont have the rims any more and the lip is going off and for sale in a bit :thumbsup:

rc2002
09-16-2006, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by jdmakkord

Man, that valve cover came out great! What did you use to paint? Or is it powdercoated?

Originally posted by arian_ma

I don't know if you already know this or not but H22A engines are known to burn oil, usually in V-TEC but still they are oil burners. I noticed the same thing, took the car to the dealership and they told me it was normal for an H22A to burn a litre of oil every 1200-1500 KM. Just check your oil at the gas station and you should be good to go.

That's only 3 tanks of gas. Something is wrong if you're burning that much oil. 1 Litre per oil change is already high. I found I needed to add about half a litre per oil change.

Lo)2enz0
09-16-2006, 08:32 PM
well i am keeping my eye on the car for the next little bit. and the dealership is going to be doing a leak down and compression test. With this colder weather its producing more smoke than any other car for the first bit but i am starting to come to the conclusion that if i warm up my car a bit longer than 1 min maybe this problem will be solved. I honestly can't remember how the car sounds but now you can hear the valves in the cooler temps. I don't know lately i have been wishing that i kept my VW but i am sure once i figure this car out i will be happy with it.

euro_racer
09-16-2006, 09:21 PM
i used to have black soke come out of my exhaust in vtec before but i switched from 10w30 to 5w30 and that problem is gone :thumbsup:

1-Bar
09-16-2006, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by jdmakkord

Sweet, is that motor from Speedtech?? If it is, CivicDXR is the one who painted that cover. He does good work!

EK 2.0
09-17-2006, 12:34 AM
Sweet, is that motor from Speedtech?? If it is, CivicDXR is the one who painted that cover. He does good work!

agreed...he did GREAT on my V/C

1-Bar
09-17-2006, 12:40 AM
^^^WTF?!? Vasectomy? :rofl:

jdmakkord
09-17-2006, 02:26 AM

Nope, I did it myself:D

1-Bar
09-17-2006, 04:30 PM
^nice, looks great :thumbsup:

arian_ma
09-17-2006, 06:40 PM
http://absoluteprelude.com/forums/index.php?act=Help

Pretty good and helpful website :D

Originally posted by euro_racer

LOL thats me
:D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/karnaibsg/Picture257.jpg

i just dont have the rims any more and the lip is going off and for sale in a bit :thumbsup:

Unpainted lip eh? Me too :D
Nice car!

euro_racer
09-17-2006, 07:09 PM
actually its painted but we did a really crappy job and used cheap spraypaint...it turned out dark dark grey and all rough....matches my OEM sideskirts almost, just a bit more shiny :D

D-Man
09-22-2006, 09:34 AM
Anyone here have or use to have a Seibon CF hood?

Just wondering if it came with the hood latch and installation hardware?

Ripper
10-03-2006, 06:01 PM
Whats the difference between the 2001 SE and 2001 Base?

Leather Interior
Upgraded Stereo
Rims

Anything else?

Lo)2enz0
10-03-2006, 06:04 PM
came with the oem kit as well i believe, or maybe that was an option

plus the base model wheels are better than those straight 5 spoke ones

euro_racer
10-03-2006, 06:16 PM
kit would be an option because mine dosnt have it but i have every other option possible including carbon trimmings

legendboy
10-03-2006, 09:47 PM
2 pics after a slight re-design of my manifold concept

preludes are very hard to fit turbos on!

After chatting with full-race and discovering they had no manifold they would suggest for a street driven prelude i figured i was in serious trouble lol!

I had to fabricate a solid front engine mount which solved all of my problems. I hope it drives ok.

I feel bad for this poor guy, his car has been in my garage for almost 2 months, i have found it very hard to find the time and energy to work on it since i have a new baby at home...

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/legend88/Peter/DSC01441%20.JPG

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/legend88/Peter/DSC01442%20.JPG

I have a fixture for building this manifold, and one for the front engine mount....i won't need a car here to fabricate more. I hope the car feels ok with that mount! it's 3/16" cold rolled so it is super strong and should flex and should cut down on wheel hop.....

1-Bar
10-03-2006, 10:51 PM
^looking good man, Preludes are always a bitch to work on.

buh_buh
10-04-2006, 12:17 AM
there were no options for SE's.
They are just bases with all the SH goodies (minus ATTS).

Wow, a solid motor mount. That's a beauty manifold too. That's a lot of fabrication involved in getting that kit together. Good job Corey. What are the specs on that turbo?

btw congrats on the new baby!

rc2002
10-04-2006, 08:21 AM
Solid motor mount should help with wheel hop too... Hopefully it's not too rough of a ride - if it is, pressing in a bushing should help out big time.

legendboy
10-04-2006, 08:24 AM
thanks dude!

the turbo is just a standard t3/t4 i forget the trim, 54 or 57 i think

so what do you guys think about that front mount?

my other option was to leave no mount there and use a stabalizer thingy, like a little shock, somewhere at the front of the motor to reduce movement :dunno:

1-Bar
10-04-2006, 11:07 PM
^hehe, you should turn the turbo sideways and get some ram air action!! Feeling every shake of the motor is deffinately worth it, I say weld that damm thing to the frame....ftw!! :eek:

rc2002
10-04-2006, 11:44 PM
^ Hahaha.

An engine damper would be hella pimp. You should definitely consider that. :)

legendboy
10-05-2006, 09:27 AM
maybe i will switch it out after, i didn't charge him for any of this screwing around :cry: haha

here's a pic all welded up

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/legend88/Peter/IMG_1620%20.jpg

euro_racer
10-05-2006, 09:34 AM
wow that is a masterpiece :bigpimp:

1-Bar
10-05-2006, 03:39 PM
any ETA of when we'll see this beast up and about?? BTW will the wastegate be dumped out the front ??? :eek: That would be :bigpimp:

buh_buh
10-05-2006, 03:53 PM
the solid motor mount shouldn't really be a problem. That's the basic premise of a traction bar anyway. And if it is, then you can probably rig up an engine damper from another application.

I can't wait to see this thing on the road too. Is it a built motor?

legendboy
10-05-2006, 04:23 PM
nope just a jdm h22 with a clutch and headstuds

i can't wait to see it on the road too!!!! :cry:

MackDawg
10-06-2006, 12:10 AM
http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=23701807&pgno=3&srt=1

Any one see this, cause I really want to know more about this car and what its got.

peace

Marc.

rc2002
10-06-2006, 12:30 AM
That's here on beyond Faizalk786 is selling it.

legendboy
10-11-2006, 05:36 PM
anybody who wants to see the finished product on that prelude i think he is going to the 403 meet with that full race crx againsed my advice lol! (legendboy basemap for 3bar and 750cc injectors, no wideband or anything)

legendboy
10-12-2006, 08:54 AM
http://www.telusplanet.net/public/legend88/Peter/DSC01453.JPG

EK 2.0
10-12-2006, 11:46 AM
Props Corey on getting that in there man...:thumbsup:

vtec
10-12-2006, 05:49 PM
do you have more pictures on how that turbo sits? and the intercooler piping on the hot side?

legendboy
10-13-2006, 09:33 AM
this is about the best pic i have of how the turbo sits

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/legend88/Peter/DSC01463.JPG

and lower charge pipe

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/legend88/Peter/DSC01452.JPG

4doorj
10-13-2006, 09:41 AM
that looks sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

1-Bar
10-13-2006, 08:24 PM
anybody who wants to see the finished product on that prelude i think he is going to the 403 meet with that full race crx againsed my advice lol! (legendboy basemap for 3bar and 750cc injectors, no wideband or anything)

Looks good man, saw it at STRD earlier this week :thumbsup:

legendboy
10-14-2006, 11:54 PM
^ cool, ya i'll let paul deal with installing an im on this thing, i've had enough with messing around with it lol!

dyno numbers tomorrow!!!

i'm gonna dyno my ct70 tomorrow too :rofl:

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/legend88/ct70/2.JPG

1-Bar
10-14-2006, 11:57 PM
^ cool, ya i'll let paul deal with installing an im on this thing, i've had enough with messing around with it lol!

dyno numbers tomorrow!!!

i'm gonna dyno my ct70 tomorrow too :rofl:

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/legend88/ct70/2.JPG

haha, cool....I hope you can at least spin the rollers with it!!

rc2002
10-16-2006, 12:33 PM
So how's the car do on the dyno yesterday? Any numbers?

legendboy
10-16-2006, 01:08 PM
yep 220whp on the low cam at 6000rpm & 8psi :rofl:

seriously tho there is something wrong with the car, it was throwing 2 cel's (tdc and eld) so we only went so far

the car is obd2a converted to obd1 with a conversion harness

all i know is the eld is in obd1 alternators, no idea where it is with obd2a

and the tdc sensor is in the dizzy on obd1, no idea with obd2a

maybe he needs to run an obd1 dizzy??

rc2002
10-16-2006, 01:22 PM
ELD doesn't affect engine performance in anyway. You can turn off the ELD in the options menu in Crome or Uberdata.

TDC is most likely a distributor problem. OBD1 and OBD2 dizzy's are the same so it doesn't really matter which one he uses.

220whp on low cam/low boost is not bad at all. :thumbsup:

legendboy
10-16-2006, 01:31 PM
ya the eld is nothing to worry about but i think the tdc issue was causing our problems. that and or some other related problem

we checked the timing thru the little hole in the tranny and we could only advance it max 10 deg with the service connector jumped

rc2002
10-16-2006, 01:36 PM
Was that 10 degrees timing advance done by moving the distributor? Could you advance it anymore electronically by changing the values in the ignition tables?

legendboy
10-16-2006, 01:45 PM
afaik the static timing is suppose to be set to 16deg. since we could only get a max 10 by moving the dizzy i know something is wrong.

the car was not behaving properly on the dyno, there was detonation at a specific point which nothing we did could solve. the ignition also looked like it was breaking up in some spots

nothing to do with our program, either something is wrong with the ecu, or whatever is causing the tdc code, plug wires, ignitor, coil....etc could be anything

so i told peter to take the car to speedtech and let them diagnose and fix the problems. we will have to re tune after its fixed and running properly

vtec
10-16-2006, 07:25 PM
it seems like all preludes that are turbocharged have problems...

i spent 4-5 months to diagnose my problem.

good luck though

Lo)2enz0
10-22-2006, 01:04 AM
saw this on yahoo auctions japan

thought it was interesting...

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e69/lorenz000/h23tubobb62.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e69/lorenz000/h23tubobb6.jpg

buh_buh
10-22-2006, 03:25 AM
turbo h23 in a 5th gen does seem a little strange.
And he's got a pretty ghetto wiring job there.

Lo)2enz0
10-22-2006, 10:41 AM
i don't understand why the guy down graded to an h23