PDA

View Full Version : Calgary's Official 5th Gen Lude Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19]

911fever
03-22-2009, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by CMW403

i also have this problem. if you find out what it is let me know

these guys couldn't figure it out either.
http://www.preludeonline.com/f60/front-suspension-creaking-52085/
bushings maybe?

MugenBB6
04-12-2009, 02:52 AM
anybody down for a prelude meet later on during the summer? maybe a cruise?

Nizmo_GTR
04-12-2009, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Nizmo_GTR
Got a creaking like noise from the front end when accelerating the car from a stop. Sounds like 1 creak noise.

Im thinking its caused by either worn out splines on the drive shaft or loose engine mounts? I think I only hear the noise during starting from a dead stop because thats when the parts are under the most load/torque?

Anything else I should be looking at?

I was planning to jack the front end up last week and start investigating but this creaking noise seems to have disappeared?

Somehow its temperature related?

For now I will leave it as it is and wait to see if it comes back in the winter.

dynamo
04-12-2009, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by MugenBB6
anybody down for a prelude meet later on during the summer? maybe a cruise?

Definitely down, cruise forsure

911fever
04-12-2009, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Nizmo_GTR

I was planning to jack the front end up last week and start investigating but this creaking noise seems to have disappeared?

Somehow its temperature related?

For now I will leave it as it is and wait to see if it comes back in the winter.

I swear its temperature related too. It wasn't apparent on warm days and it was non-existent in the summer.

buh_buh
04-12-2009, 02:48 PM
I used to get something similar, but I think mine was a squeaky clutch pedal when it was cold. When I would depress or release the clutch pedal I would get a squeak near the top of the release, but also only in cold weather. I just assumed my master cylinder was on its way out, but it sounds like your guys' problems are different than mine.

911fever
04-12-2009, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
I used to get something similar, but I think mine was a squeaky clutch pedal when it was cold. When I would depress or release the clutch pedal I would get a squeak near the top of the release, but also only in cold weather. I just assumed my master cylinder was on its way out, but it sounds like your guys' problems are different than mine.

lawl that used to happen to me as well, and only in cold weather. But that's separate from what we are talking about.

Primer_Drift
04-12-2009, 03:59 PM
I'm still lookin for some oem bumpers, if anyone has some let me know.. especially if they are EBP in color, thanks!

MugenBB6
06-19-2009, 09:08 PM
I have a 2000 Honda Prelude auto (yes its a auto, its my daily driver. I also have a S2000). I took my car to the mechanics to get my car checked out and he told me that the gears are slipping? Does this mean my transmission is done? the SS works fine, its just driving in the regular auto were it slips. If i were to fix it how much would it cost and does that "Honda transmission warranty or recall" still exist? Thanks

ryder_23
07-16-2010, 12:07 AM
Been a while, but figure'd Id' ask if anyone has any Rear callipers for a 5th gen prelude? In working order.