PDA

View Full Version : Calgary's Official 5th Gen Lude Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

EK 2.0
08-31-2005, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by 1-Bar
http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1355165

I know, its a 4th gen....but still a lude on the cover!!!

and he's Pinoy to boot...:thumbsup:

normanxu
08-31-2005, 02:01 AM
hey guys, three days ago i installed an AEM CAI to my lude, and i feel i lost a lot of low end torque. Is this a common problem?:confused:

i also did some search on internet, and i saw one relay on preludepower.com said:"a few months ago i installed an AEM cai,it was kind of a hassle doing it,but yesterday I installed the air bypass valve and it seemed to have gotten quieter,but I can feel more power in the lower end." Is this a way to get some lower end torque back?:confused: :confused:

And the other thought, in calgary, the temperature in the winter is alway below zero. when i drive the lude in winter, and the engine reaches operating temp. At this point CAI is sucking in -20 degree air into the engine and at high rpms ,will the air hurt the engine? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I don't know too much about cars, any info would be greatly appreciated! :burnout: :burnout:

1-Bar
08-31-2005, 08:12 AM
cai intakes you will lose low end torque but gain upper end hp.....always the case. Bybass valve is a waste of money IMO.....

I've been winter driving with my cai for 3 years without a problem.....no worries man, winter drive away!!

normanxu
08-31-2005, 10:39 AM
Thanks for your quick reply, it gives
me a little reassurance!

how about AEM V2 on the lude? does it gain more low end torque than CAI?

1-Bar
08-31-2005, 12:44 PM
AEM V2 is like the JDM intake chamber. You gain more in the mids then the CAI, but you lose top end power. I compared my dyno to a person with the JDM intake chamber (same as the V2 basically) and he had 2-3 hp more from 4000-6000 rpms, but I gained more from 6000 all the way to redline.

I dunno what the price difference is, but if its more then $100, I don't think its worth it. You can pick up some cheap AEM CAI in the marketplace FYI.....

rc2002
08-31-2005, 12:53 PM
I don't think the gains from CAI are even noticeable. I highly doubt anyone would feel the couple of HP difference - there's probably a bigger difference driving with and without A/C.

1-Bar
08-31-2005, 12:59 PM
haha...yeah, but you can't hear it!! Vrrrrrooomm....go intake!!

rc2002
08-31-2005, 01:16 PM
^ Yeah - that's the only good thing intakes are good for. I'm pretty sure the stock airbox and filter is much better (even if not more efficient) at cleaning the intake air.

Skyline_Addict
08-31-2005, 02:24 PM
^ stock for life!

1-Bar
08-31-2005, 02:52 PM
bah...who need cleaning. That's what the HKS Mushroom filter is for...its all about air flow baby!! Hahhaa....

normanxu
08-31-2005, 11:12 PM
Hmmm....But anyone know the best place to buy/order a Type-S intake in calgary except Ebay?

Skyline_Addict
09-01-2005, 06:50 AM
www.jdmland.com

arian_ma
09-02-2005, 11:23 AM
Hey guys, does anyone know where I can get that zig zagged front grill for my lude? And how much it is roughly?

Tx

1-Bar
09-02-2005, 06:22 PM
honeycomb front grill from preludes 00-01 stock.....

ryder_23
09-02-2005, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by arian_ma
Hey guys, does anyone know where I can get that zig zagged front grill for my lude? And how much it is roughly?

Tx

find a later yeared gen5'r , and see if they'll trade. I think chris was looking to trade his :dunno:

EK 2.0
09-02-2005, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by ryder_23

find a later yeared gen5'r , and see if they'll trade. I think chris was looking to trade his :dunno:

I think he traded with Terence...

1-Bar
09-02-2005, 06:28 PM
^ in the process of trading :)

ryder_23
09-02-2005, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by 1-Bar
^ in the process of trading :)

Hasnt it been a 3month process :rofl:

Just bring some tools to 403, takes 10 seconds :rofl:

arian_ma
09-02-2005, 06:36 PM
Can't buy em anywhere?
or I guess the better question is...does anyone want to trade?

ryder_23
09-02-2005, 06:38 PM
Can't buy em anywhere?

Well i'm sure the stealership sells them....

Personally with a CF hood, and a nice lip on the car, the non honeycomb ones look way better IMO

EK 2.0
09-02-2005, 06:38 PM
Can't buy em anywhere?

you can try Ebay...for those peeps that went with different grilles...or it might be pricy but call up Honda...they might still be able to get them...never know:dunno:

arian_ma
09-02-2005, 06:40 PM
I see figures like 145$...it's a piece of plastic...
I should just go buy some chigger wire or whatever it's called
and paint it black....
Cost me 3$

Skyline_Addict
09-02-2005, 07:23 PM
chigger? lol
i believe the term is chicken wire?
why do you want a grill so bad? hehe.

arian_ma
09-02-2005, 07:33 PM
Good point....
hahahaha

IncredibleToad
09-02-2005, 11:59 PM
arian ur a riot hahah

Skyline_Addict
09-06-2005, 09:33 PM
any of you guys going to the chinook meet tmw? good chance to meet all the prelude owners, before we all change cars! lol.

rc2002
09-06-2005, 10:40 PM
What the?!? You're getting an IS300 Terrence?

Haha, you're upgrading and I'm downgrading. :)

ryder_23
09-06-2005, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
any of you guys going to the chinook meet tmw? good chance to meet all the prelude owners, before we all change cars! lol.

:werd:

IncredibleToad
09-06-2005, 11:22 PM
I think i'll be at the meet tomorrow...sounds like the Prelude population is endangered :eek:

buh_buh
09-06-2005, 11:28 PM
I'll still be kickin around.
You are all traitors!

1-Bar
09-07-2005, 12:19 AM
^whatever.....I'll bring buh_buh's car to the meet...hahaha j/j. Well looks like I loss/or in the process of losing my twin. What to do...what to do???

I'll be at the meet tomorrow.....:)

rc2002
09-07-2005, 12:29 AM
The beyond twins won't get split up that easily. If I can sell enough parts then I'll hang onto the car.

See you guys tomorrow. You bringing the Volvo Kevin?

1-Bar
09-07-2005, 01:09 AM
^Kev is not in town nemore...he's in school somewhere north, I think, Nunavut is what its called ?!?

IncredibleToad
09-07-2005, 01:19 AM
Preludes...UNITE!

rc2002
09-07-2005, 01:33 AM
^ Oh yeah, I totally forgot. What's the great white North like Kev? I'll drop by and visit one of these weekends when I'm up there.

I think we could totally have our own Calgary Prelude club. I'm still liking the EPK. :)

Skyline_Addict
09-07-2005, 01:35 AM
bahhhh EPK FTW!!!!!!!

buh_buh
09-07-2005, 03:41 AM
Not quite Nunavut but its just as cold here.

arian_ma
09-08-2005, 05:29 PM
Hey guys, just bought a set of coilovers from Richard :thumbsup:
and I was wondering if anyone had some free time tomorrow afternoon to give me a hand in installing these. I kind of don't have a clue what I'm doing and would rather not mess up my transmission.
If you guys have some free time could you let me know by PMing me or giving me a call at 540-4489
Thanks a lot your help is really appreciated.

*Edit: Haha I said transmission I meant to say suspension.
I'm out of it today :P

Skyline_Addict
09-08-2005, 10:40 PM
You got a really good set. After watching the full installation of my TEINS at specs auto, i'm really confident that Specs auto can do it, and the price is fair. Richard might be able to work out a deal for you there, if you don't feel confident enough to do it yourself.

IncredibleToad
09-08-2005, 10:50 PM
Arian wasn't it supposed to be easy to install everything yourself? hahah just buggin you man congrats on the newly acquired parts

rc2002
09-08-2005, 11:25 PM
I'd help you out, but I'm going to be hella busy this next little while. I can explain to you EXACTLY what you need to do when I meet up with you tomorrow though.

Redlyne_mr2
09-12-2005, 11:10 PM
Anyone care to sell an oem BB6 rear bumper?

1-Bar
09-13-2005, 12:47 AM
^^the only guy I know who would have one is Mr. Chan :D

rc2002
09-13-2005, 08:59 AM
Sorry, I actually don't have one of those. An extra was supposed to come with my car when I bought it, but the seller sold it on me...

buh_buh
09-13-2005, 09:58 AM
what a dick!

1-Bar
09-13-2005, 10:13 AM
have you tried replica OEM bumper?? They're pretty cheap and good fit...

arian_ma
09-13-2005, 03:18 PM
You guys want to hear a funny story?
I broke my suspension fork.
Yup...I broke a soild forged piece of steel.
Wassup now. Anyone want to sign up for "How to break your car - 101"?

Lol, my car does NOT want to co-operate with me.
EVERYTHING went wrong during the install of my coilovers and Catback.
First, my rims would NOT come off, after hammering them with a rubber mallet for a good 10-15 minutes(not to mention the boots to break the rust)...got them off, then came the exhaust bolts...rusted to shit, would not come off, (I won't tell you how i got them off, it was a genious idea and should be pattented), then when I got my OEM catback off, the new one would not fit as it's about a foot too short for some weird reason, then when I tried to do my coilovers, I unbolted one screw too many and the whole thing landed on my control arm (No damage done to it thank god) and took me a good 2 hours to get off, breaking the fork in the process. So now, my car is sitting in someone's garage on jacks and ramps, with no suspension on the driver's front side, and no exhaust, and half of the car sticking out of the garage making it impossible to close the garage door. Good times...

Thanks Richard for your numerous tips and hints and your time as well, but after 5 days on jacks without a suspension and exhaust, everything stock is going back on my car fopr now, and I'm down 1000$ lol.
Hopefully a mechanic can help install my coilovers for me for cheap, so that I don't break anything else and won't have to leave my car on the street for days.

At least now I know why people love their cars so much after they do all the work on it themselves....cause it's such a BITCH, and when it's finally over they are just glad! Hahahahah. Oh well, live and learn right?

:D

I hope that lightened up the past 2 minutes of your lives.

Now, feed me all the jokes lol.

rc2002
09-13-2005, 03:52 PM
it's about a foot too short for some weird reason,

Yeah, I'm not sure why either. I'll come by to check it out tonight... It's really weird because it's going from a base model prelude to another base model prelude and it's never been modified - the flanges are in the original locations.

buh_buh
09-13-2005, 09:20 PM
if its about a foot too short, then the catback is for a SH.

arian_ma
09-13-2005, 10:13 PM
Well the thing is it was on Richard's prelude before, and his is a base type as well. But I thikn we figured the problem out. His mugen headers have a long downpipe, so the mid piece of the Tanabe was removed. And that's the piece I'm missing.

Soonly...everything will be good...soonly...lol

rc2002
09-13-2005, 11:01 PM
I thought it was for an SH too. Apparently it's the base exhaust (confirmed with Bobby) but for some reason it's too short. It might be because the mugen header (J Spec) pushed the cat back, and piece directly after the cat wasn't used. He doesn't remember what happened to that piece but anyway, it'll get figured out. All that's needed is two flanges and some 2.5" piping. :)

1-Bar
09-14-2005, 02:31 AM
if you need another fork, I got a extra set kicking around for the fronts....

arian_ma
09-14-2005, 07:15 PM
omg are you kidding?
I bought one from Honda!!! "Dealer only part"
Damnit that set me back 120$.
Well thanks anyways man lol I hope we get this thing figured out today.

1-Bar
09-14-2005, 11:08 PM
no problems....if you haven't opened it, you can return it...just lemme know how it works out :)

arian_ma
09-15-2005, 12:22 AM
ugh I don't know what's wrong.
My back left tire is making a scraping noise
like it's hitting the break calipers or something.
I am actually pretty sure it's the fact that the screws were not tightened in the right oreder.

Also my strut hits my hood right now, making an unbelievably scary racket. But it should all be sorted out by Saturday.

I don't like this drama lol.

D-Man
09-15-2005, 07:03 AM
Probably the reason the exhaust isn't fitting on your car is because Richards (originally Bobby's) header & exhaust combo were both J-Spec, therefore since yours is usdm your gonna have problems...

Not sure what the solution is except maybe get an exhaust piece fabricated to fit between either the header/cat or cat/exhaust...

arian_ma
09-15-2005, 08:30 AM
Hmm, about that scraping noise, do you guys think it could be the screws not being tightened in the right oreder? I can't think of anything else.
I'm actually kind of scared to drive my car right now.

Oh and about the exhaust, yea Richard is helping me get a piece welded in between the cat and the rest of the exhaust.

Thanks for all the help.

rc2002
09-15-2005, 09:23 AM
Is it still making that noise? You didn't touch the rear suspension though... You didn't even take the wheel off right? The order of tightening shouldn't matter as long as the lugs are tight.

It could be a million things making that scraping noise. Check to see if there's a rock or something caught between your pad and rotor. Or take a look closely to see if the pad is releasing completely when you let the ebrake off. Or if it's more of a rumbling noise, it might be your wheel bearing. Anyway, come by the shop on Saturday and I'll take a look at it for you.

Skyline_Addict
09-15-2005, 10:22 AM
ugh I don't know what's wrong.
My back left tire is making a scraping noise
like it's hitting the break calipers or something.
I am actually pretty sure it's the fact that the screws were not tightened in the right oreder.

Also my strut hits my hood right now, making an unbelievably scary racket. But it should all be sorted out by Saturday.

I don't like this drama lol.

hearing some clicking, knocking noises is normal for pillowball mounts when you go over bumps...scraping on the other hand, get that checked out. it shouldn't have anything to do with screws.
hmmmm the struts should clear the hood no problem!

rc2002
09-15-2005, 10:49 AM
It's still stock suspension though! I figured out what the problem is though - That metal ring that sits on the pin of the strut isn't doing it's job properly. It might be worn (or I might have missed it) lol.

arian_ma
09-15-2005, 02:24 PM
Yea I'm worried about that wheel sound as well, it's like a looped sound (like whenever one part of the wheel hits the road it makes that noise) so I figured it was something being loose...I don't know though.

arian_ma
09-19-2005, 09:21 PM
I think that sound is my breaks.
Need a replacing.
Anyone agree?

1-Bar
09-22-2005, 08:29 PM
^perhaps, take a look at the rear brake pads, maybe there's something logged in between.....

rc2002
09-22-2005, 09:08 PM
I saw your pads too and you're on the wear indicators already. You have to change them anyway, so do it and then see if the noise goes away.

Could be a warped rotor as well. When you get the brakes done, have the rotors checked out at the same time.

1-Bar
09-22-2005, 09:21 PM
rear warped rotors are very unlikely since they aren't really used as much as the fronts....but who knows, you did buy your car used right??

rc2002
09-22-2005, 09:30 PM
Yeah that's true. Stacking your rotors in the corner of the garage for months at a time can warp them too apparently. My stock ones weren't warped when I took them off the car but boy did I feel it when I put them back on.

arian_ma
09-24-2005, 09:57 PM
Alright guys, it's bad news one after another.
My check engine light came on tonight.
My car sometimes takes a while to start up it's really weird.
Like the key will be turned all the way and nothing will happen for like 5 seconds and then it starts.
But tonight the check engine light came on....
I don't know what it might be but I thought you guys might have a clue.
Oh and word of shame...I think it COULD be because of me putting regular into it.
I did this about 3 weeks ago when gas hit 115 and I couldn't afford premium. (Yea...I know, :cry: ) But I havn't pumped gas since then.
anyways, do you guys have any ideas or should I just go get it checked out?

*EDIT* Oh and is it safe to drive the car like this? Wouldn't want to fuck the car up. :(

I'm so unlucky.

vtec
09-24-2005, 10:15 PM
first things first:
-you should check to see what code it is throwing.
on the first post here on the first page by "richardchan2002" he posted in details on how to do so.
that will give us more of an idea where to start from.

-second: putting in regular gas will cause it to run a bit funny, due to the octane rating because the h22a is a high compression motor. It needs that much more to have a proper combustion.
How much of the tank is fulled up on regular?

D-Man
09-25-2005, 06:34 AM
Does anyone know where I can obtain a black leather w/ red stiching shift boot, shift knob and e-brake handle?

Would the Integra Type R or CTR work on the 5th gen prelude?

arian_ma
09-25-2005, 09:06 AM
vtec:
I have about 1/8 of a tank left and am trying to burn it off as fast as possible, I just don't know if it's safe to drive the car or not.

D-Man:
To use the ITR or CTR shift boot in a 5th gen, you gotta do some modding, but it is not that hard and will take you about 10-15 minutes. I did this to mine, and it looks and works fine. GOod luck.

arian_ma
09-25-2005, 09:43 AM
Alright I found the MIL code. There was 8 flashes so I'm guessing it's a code 80. But maybe 8? I don't really know what the difference between fast and slow flashes are since I only saw one of them.

"80 Exhaust Gas Recirculation
Insifficient flow detected
EGR Valve
EGR Line"

"8 Crankshaft Position / Top Dead Center Sensor
Connector Disconnection
Intermittent Interruption
Sensor No Signal
CKP/TDP Sensor
TDC Sensor Circuit
ECM"

Narrow anything down?

1-Bar
09-25-2005, 10:10 AM
check the vacuume lines from and to the EGR valve and from the EGR solonoid. Especially the one that runs from the driver's side to the throttle body. Mine came out and I threw a code......

arian_ma
09-25-2005, 10:26 AM
How can I tell long from short flashes?
Also, is this safe to drive?

1-Bar
09-25-2005, 10:29 AM
I wouldn't drive if your throwing a code. If you know in fact its an EGR related, then you can drive all you like. You'll just get ass milage.....short flashes are very short. I dunno how to explain, but you can tell short from long....its pretty obvious

arian_ma
09-25-2005, 10:35 AM
The flashes were on for about a second, I'm guessing these are short flashes which would make the code a code 8. Should I just take a video of it or something and post it up?

1-Bar
09-25-2005, 11:07 AM
^yea sure

D-Man
09-25-2005, 12:32 PM
I throw a CEL code 90. Haven't been able to find the cause of the problem...

Skyline_Addict
09-25-2005, 12:38 PM
8 short flashes is definetely 8. the long flashes are about 2 seconds apart.

arian_ma
09-25-2005, 01:06 PM
So....I got a code 8, what does this mean? :S
"8 Crankshaft Position / Top Dead Center Sensor
Connector Disconnection
Intermittent Interruption
Sensor No Signal
CKP/TDP Sensor
TDC Sensor Circuit
ECM"

^^ ??? :dunno:

I read that it senses the point in which the cylinder reaches the top of it's cycle. That's what I understood from what I read.
So logically, if I put in the regular, and my ECU or whatever retarded the sparks, could that be the cause of this code?
Also, could this be related to the problem of why my car took a while to start sometimes?
I think they call it the crank? But I would turn the key to (III) and nothing would happen for a long time and then the engine would start.

ryder_23
09-25-2005, 11:43 PM
Few questions guys...

First of all, i'm having a steering issue. After driving the car today, its either i'm loosing my mind, or i've lost some / all of my power steering. steering feels really heavy, and more work then usual to do at any speed. I have plenty of fluid, and havnt seen any leaks anywhere. havnt gotten completly under the car to look at things, but steering feels normal, minus the fact that its "heavier" then usual. No super strange sounds or anything either. Any ideas?

As well...Is it possible to adjust the clutch friction point (think it is), if so, how would i go about doing it? My clutch just doesnt feel right, the point feels higher then usual, but overall clutch performance still feels the same. No slippage or anything, but wouldnt surprise me if it starts to go soon.

And lastly. Any spark plug brand you guys recommend :rofl: looking at changing plugs, and wondering if theres anything "special" you hardcore bb6'rs are running :D

arian_ma
09-25-2005, 11:54 PM
Check your tire pressure, heavy steering sometimes is caused by underinflated tires.

ryder_23
09-25-2005, 11:58 PM
Already done all the basic checks. Tire pressure is consistent all the way around, except for my passenger rear, it looses about 5psi every couple of weeks, but that doesnt affect the steering so much, and i just filled it up. Yes i know i need new tires :rofl:

rc2002
09-26-2005, 12:09 AM
How's your power steering belt? Is it loose? Power steering fluid is topped up?

ryder_23
09-26-2005, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
How's your power steering belt? Is it loose? Power steering fluid is topped up?

The fluid is actually slightly above the "upper" line, but that was after driving so maybe it expanded a bit. But the fluid is fine, the belts feel fine to me..doesnt make unusual noises while turning..

arian_ma
09-26-2005, 12:38 AM
Hey Richard, I read on a bunch of websites that it is normal for our cars to "drink" oil during V-TEC
Is this true? :eek:

D-Man
09-26-2005, 06:54 AM
Anyone have some good recommendations on a flywheel/clutch combo?

My top 2 choices are:

1) JUN Chromoly Flywheel & ACT Clutch
2) OEM Flywheel & Excedy Organic Clutch

BTW, anyone have some good sourches for JDM goodness? I know about JDManager & R&D Motorsports. Any others?

rc2002
09-26-2005, 08:29 AM
Jaret, I'm not sure what it might be. How much more difficult is the turning from before? You can see fluid circulating in the P/S reservoir? The power steering pulley turns freely? Oh yeah, and for spark plugs, I use the NGK V-Power copper ones, one heat range colder than stock. ZRF7FGP I think they're called. Nothing fancy like iridium or platinum. I'm not sure what's recommended for stock though. I would just go stock NGK ZRF6F11/BCPR6ES-11 if I was N/A (which I'm soon to be).

Arian, yeah H series consume some oil. You'll notice that if you're always in VTEC that you'll have to top up your oil between changes.

Darcy, I would go with an Exedy clutch. Their OEM manufacturers of clutches and I would go with them before ACT. Personally, I would upgrade my flywheel as well at the same time (might as well right?). Keep in mind that you'll be sacrificng gas mileage for the sake of response/acceleration.

buh_buh
09-26-2005, 12:18 PM
If you don't plan on going the FI route I would definately recommend getting the lightened flywheel. I noticed a big difference with it in even with turbo, and the car was a lot more rev happy and a lot more fun to drive with it in.

I lost oil between oil changes too, but not as much as everyone else for solme reason. I lost probably ~1L in between oil changes.

rc2002
09-26-2005, 12:39 PM
Hehe, Darcy. I just realized I have just the parts for you. :) YGPM!

D-Man
09-26-2005, 01:29 PM
I don't drive my car enough to even lose any oil...

Ya, lightened flywheel would be a must. So, what are my other choices for a flywheel/clutch combo? Any other recommendations?

Richard, if we keep this up we should have just swapped cars, hahaha...

rc2002
09-26-2005, 03:17 PM
Heheh, yeah that would've saved all kinds of headache. Especially since you're doing the Auto to 5 Speed Swap. :)

Are you going the LSD tranny route? You should talk to JDMSource if you are. JDMSource = :thumbsup:

D-Man
09-26-2005, 04:51 PM
Are you going the LSD tranny route? You should talk to JDMSource if you are. JDMSource = :thumbsup:

Doubt it. Will mostly be using the 5th gen tranny and getting a rebuild and Quaife LSD installed...

Skyline_Addict
09-26-2005, 06:34 PM
Hey Richard, I read on a bunch of websites that it is normal for our cars to "drink" oil during V-TEC
Is this true? :eek:

yes, V-TEC will always burn more oil, in any model. from my knowledge, the prelude doesn't burn alot more oil than any other model to justify calling one of the worse hondas on oil. the "myth" that h22s burn significantly more oil is just that, i think. proper maintanence is required for any engine to function properly and last longer. keep your oil levels in check so that the myth wont' come to life. if you drive your car harder, change/top your oil more often, simple as that.
if your car starts spitting out blue smoke, you can almost always blame it on poor maintenance, not the h22s durability, so to speak.

ryder_23
09-26-2005, 09:08 PM
Jaret, I'm not sure what it might be. How much more difficult is the turning from before? You can see fluid circulating in the P/S reservoir? The power steering pulley turns freely? Oh yeah, and for spark plugs, I use the NGK V-Power copper ones, one heat range colder than stock. ZRF7FGP I think they're called. Nothing fancy like iridium or platinum. I'm not sure what's recommended for stock though. I would just go stock NGK ZRF6F11/BCPR6ES-11 if I was N/A (which I'm soon to be).

Yep, fluid is moving when car is on, or atleast shaking alot :rofl:. The pulley seems to be perfectly fine from what i can tell. It might just be something in my head, hard to say..but i'll see if problem progress's..

As for the plugs, i bought some today, so far i installed them correctly and the car is running :rofl: so we'll see any maybe fuel economy changes or anything like that.

BTW, what are the symptoms of the plugs when u remove them and what they look like. Mine didnt look too bad, pretty plain, but hard to say, i'll look for a picture maybe for an example.

vtec
09-26-2005, 09:24 PM
how many front lips are there for the 5th gen ludes?

arian_ma
09-26-2005, 09:25 PM
Alright guys, this might be my noobness kicking in, but when I heard this I wanted to LAUGH at these people.
So you all know about the code my car threw.
I take it to Can tire, (I also found out recently that I have an oil leak) and the first thing they said was that the CEL came on because of the oil leak. After spending about 30 minutes trying to explain to the guy that it was a code 8 and it was probably one of my sensors, I gave up and just agreed with him.
Then, he said to fix the oil leak he'd have to find the source. Fine, sounded reasonable. The he says it will cost me $75 dollars an hour to WASH my engine (Only wash) and that it would porbably take 2 hours to do that. THEN I'd have to pay $125/hr to replace a gasket. which would take abotu 3 hours. So according to my math:

2x$75 + 3x$125 = $525 and THEN some, for the parts.

So I laugh at the guy and leave.

When I get home I call around, and I find a friend of a friend who says he charges only 30$ / hr for everything, and that the whole thing will NOT take 5 hours, although I would have to leave my car at the garage for a few days obviously to isolate the oil leak.

Man, I feel sorry for people who are semi-car-retarded.

And after all of this, my CEL isn't even fixed yet. Haha maaan.
I know labour's expensive but god damn!

Skyline_Addict
09-26-2005, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by vtec
how many front lips are there for the 5th gen ludes?

there are tonnes out there... the main ones i know of from more popular manufacturers are of course OEM, Greddy, WW, etc.
there are alot of ghetto lips out there though. i think there's one out there called the budget lip or something like that, which looks like ass. for lips that look nice AFAIK are OEM, Greddy and Wings West RS Front.

Skyline_Addict
09-26-2005, 11:07 PM

And after all of this, my CEL isn't even fixed yet. Haha maaan.
I know labour's expensive but god damn!

The CEL can't just be turned off if the problem still exists. As far as I can tell, you haven't even reset your ECU yet. You can do that, but the CEL will come back on a while after you do that, if the problem is still not fixed. Keep in mind you CEL won't be "fixed" even after you correct the problem. The ECU still needs to be restarted after you've done this and you just have to pray to god that it doesn't come back on. The CEL isn't something that can be fixed, as it's not the problem; the problem is what's causing it to light up.

rc2002
09-26-2005, 11:58 PM
As far as plugs go, black means you're running rich, white means you're running lean. You want them in between - a nice brown colour. A lot of times you can just use a wire wheel and get the crud off of the plug and then reuse them...

Danny, the type S lip is a sweet looking one. It's the one I'd go for after the Greddy.

And Arian, just go to Autovalue - they scan for free. They'll scan your car and tell ou what's wrong with it. Then you fix it, and problem solved! As far as the oil leak goes, just pray to God it's not a rear main seal.

Skyline_Addict
09-27-2005, 12:10 AM

Danny, the type S lip is a sweet looking one. It's the one I'd go for after the Greddy.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. that's a sweet lip too, just a bit different from OEM non-type S.