PDA

View Full Version : Ordered a turbo kit back in Oct

pr0
02-07-2005, 09:37 PM
... and it still hasn't arrived (Feb 7). :thumbsdow (howellautomotive.com)

im down like 4000.00. Spent a load on rebuilding with low compression pistons, complete valve job, preparing for this turbo setup and BS. So not only am I down money but I have a car that runs like ass because of the 8:6 in a naturally aspired motor. VISA isn't doing anything because its been to long. I should have bought a body kit and riced out my car instead, at least they sell them locally.

Just thought I would share. :cry:

Weapon_R
02-07-2005, 09:40 PM
sorry to hear about your loss...you should have complained to visa immediately. I still think you should pursue this, because that's a lot of cash to lose, so raise some hell with visa - talk to supervisors, keep going up the chain of command.

Redlyne_mr2
02-07-2005, 09:44 PM
Doesnt the FBI have online fraud support? Im sure there are even companies out there that you could contract out to get your money back. Sucks to here man

buh_buh
02-07-2005, 09:44 PM
yea I'm sorta in the same boat. Ordered something back in August and still havent gotten it. Not as big ticket as yours though, but good luck in dealing with it. I know how you feel.

legendboy
02-07-2005, 10:35 PM
Get your turbo kits local :thumbsup:

hollywood_35
02-07-2005, 11:01 PM
That sucks hardcore. I'd keep riding VISA about it and try contacting the place you bought it from and giving them shit for it too. $4000 is a lot of money to just lose to a crappy ass online parts dealer.:thumbsdow

1-Bar
02-08-2005, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Doesnt the FBI have online fraud support? Im sure there are even companies out there that you could contract out to get your money back. Sucks to here man

Yeah, FBI has online help with internet fraud. It takes a while since there is tons of shady busniesses on the net, but you can always submit a case....you never know what happens.

I got scammed last summer, but I paid through paypal and eventually got my money back.

Also try the RCMP, I filled out a report with them as well.

GL:thumbsup:

Tuner1
02-08-2005, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by legendboy
Get your turbo kits local :thumbsup:

Yep, as much as I feel very sorry for the buyers who have been screwed buy these crooks there is something to be said for buying from local suppliers. I have heard of far too many scams over the phone, Net, Paypal, ebay, etc. Of course you may think I am biased but I practice what I preach make all my personal purchases from local vendors, automotive and otherwise.

Good luck with your battle :guns:

Rob

BumpinTalon
02-08-2005, 10:37 AM
turbo kits for our car, the non-turbo DSMs, aren't available locally unless somebody sells Hahn Racecraft and we didn't know about it :)

roopi
02-08-2005, 10:45 AM
I'm just wondering why you would wait so long for something before filing a complaint with Visa?

What is the company saying that you ordered the kit from? Are they even responding to you?

legendboy
02-08-2005, 10:46 AM
I can build a turbo kit for almost any vehicle :thumbsup:

heavyD
02-08-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon
turbo kits for our car, the non-turbo DSMs, aren't available locally unless somebody sells Hahn Racecraft and we didn't know about it :)

I was actually wondering why he didn't order the kit from Hahn Racecraft in the first place. I've ordered tons of car parts online from DSM vendors and have never had one problem but I usually ensure that they are reputable first. I do try to buy as much locally as I can though especially big stuff like exhausts & suspension.

If you haven't received the goods you should be able to cancel the order and get a refund. VISA should be able to do something for you. You should raise a stink with them.

What is howell automotive telling you? Tell them you would like to cancell the order and see if they all of a sudden speed up the delivery.

oddjob
02-08-2005, 11:56 AM
Hahn doesn't ship to Canada. I tried buying a manifold from them.

pr0
02-08-2005, 12:01 PM
I'm suprised, it just arrived today. Wow, 4 months. According to the slip, it was shipped Jan 13 05. How stupid is that? I paid back in Oct and they ship it 3 months later.

Some companies need to be whipped :whipped:

And best of luck to you buh_buh... hopefully you get your stuff. I hate waiting long.

86max
02-08-2005, 12:12 PM
lol, glad to see you got your turbo. They probably sold you something they didn't even have in stock, or they're just really lazy.

buh_buh
02-08-2005, 12:18 PM
what you need to do is raise hell on a forum they're selling their stuff on and frequently post in, explaining the situation. A little bad publicity can cause a lot of problems. Thats what I've resorted to haha.

Toms-SC
02-08-2005, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
what you need to do is raise hell on a forum they're selling their stuff on and frequently post in, explaining the situation. A little bad publicity can cause a lot of problems. Thats what I've resorted to haha.

Works every time! :)