PDA

View Full Version : Hawc 2 ???

fast95pony
02-08-2005, 03:34 AM
Anyone know if the CPS have it yet ?? I remember all the ads for the lottery. HAWC1 was overdue for maintenance etc. It's now almost a year later,and I haven't seen any further news..

rage2
02-08-2005, 08:10 AM
At the end of the lottery, they said the purchasing process will take some time. The lottery was only for the deposit for the helicopter or something, not the whole thing. They still couldn't afford it yet.

BerserkerCatSplat
02-08-2005, 07:20 PM
Yeah, give it time, choppers are mad expensive.

Is HAWC2 going to be identical to HAWC1, or are they springing for a better unit?

DayGlow
02-08-2005, 11:02 PM
Hughes no longer makes the model and parts are harder to find. I doubt they will get the same model.

They bought HAWC 1 used to save cost and I imagine the second will be the same.

BerserkerCatSplat
02-09-2005, 01:41 PM
Good point, I hadn't even thought about the cost of parts.
Too bad there's no 500N's sitting around Pick-Your-Part, eh? :D

civic_stylez
02-09-2005, 07:48 PM
i was wondering what had happend to it as well...im suprised the liberals havent tried to sell us some sea-king helicopters. those things are quality:rolleyes:

rmk
02-11-2005, 09:25 AM
i remember hearing that they didn't raise enough $$ for the 2nd one? did they?

CPS purchased hawc1 from a movie studio in los angeles that had used the chopper in a bunch of movies. the only one i know of is speed 1. it is the back helicopter that the sargeant and his crew are in when they are tracking the bus. if you crank up the volume it is distinctly hawc1. i remember reading this in the herald when they first bought it.... & everyone was talking schit about how it was a waste of money. :thumbsup: