PDA

View Full Version : Different Turbo Set Up

Mr.Buffy
02-08-2005, 01:35 PM
Saw this post on Honda-Tech.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1141742

legendboy
02-08-2005, 02:39 PM
ya thats completely retarded. copy of an f body setup. there isn't even one advantage to that, but there are tons of disadvantages :thumbsdow

heavyD
02-08-2005, 03:18 PM
I agree that is the most retarded creation ever. A turbocharger's main motive is heat energy so why would you move the turbo to the rear of the car where the exhaust gas has considerably cooled. Add in possiblities for leaks & pressure losses and it looks more and more stupid.:thumbsdow

Go4Long
02-08-2005, 08:11 PM
I saw a set up like that on a truck...yeah...other than the whole lack of a manifold issue there aren't a whole lot of advantages to a set up like that

finboy
02-08-2005, 10:16 PM
some people are too lazy :banghead:

edit: upon further review, that thread is full of IDIOTS

"you need to go back to school"
the guy who made that comment needs to learn how a turbo works.

Police
02-08-2005, 10:44 PM
HYDROLOCK!

Jason Lange
02-09-2005, 08:44 PM
I wouldn't want that in our climate. Snow everywhere.

supaj87GTS
02-09-2005, 09:06 PM
Look at the License Plate??? anyway yup looks pretty Pointless......

hope he has fun with that:banghead:

wontonjohnny
02-14-2005, 04:22 PM
how would the oil drain on that setup??

finboy
02-14-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by wontonjohnny
how would the oil drain on that setup??

i believe it has an external pump to keep the oil flowing

autospeed
02-14-2005, 06:04 PM
dumbest idea i've seen when it comes to turbo charging your car. (aside from those electric turbos haha) I don't get why ppl never understand that they cannot cheap out for a decent gain in power. :thumbsdow

EFHatch
02-14-2005, 07:44 PM
maybe someone said it couldn't be done. and he was determined to prove them wrong.

thats the only way i see that thing happening, considering it's on a type R .

awdterror
02-14-2005, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by autospeed
dumbest idea i've seen when it comes to turbo charging your car. (aside from those electric turbos haha) I don't get why ppl never understand that they cannot cheap out for a decent gain in power. :thumbsdow

Maybe because the only other available LS1 turbo kits run in the 8-9 thousand dollar range? That's why people buy the LS1 kits.

crazydriver
02-14-2005, 11:28 PM
thats just a stupid idea :thumbsdow

Chester
02-14-2005, 11:48 PM
well at least theres one guy in that thread that knows what he's talkin about

last time I checked the turbine spins due to hot expanding gases. So mounting a turbo so far away will not work for shit. That is why people go to such great lengths to create equal length exhuast manifolds to mount to the turbo. That turbo will have about a 2 minute wait for it to spool.
Does this sound rediculous?
the gases are not as hot 10 feet down tube from the engine so it wont spool as good.
this is just from a mechanical engineering/ physics stand point.

kanip
02-15-2005, 06:07 AM
yeah i saw that once on a truck too? in some magazine? its still super retarded though.

on the other hand if you did SUPER long road trips and it didnt matter how long it took to spool.... :dunno:

some people are just short bus all stars :clap:

I think one of the biggest objections I have is why would you want to hide the sound of your blowoff valve or turbo!? Like those guys are saying... I could understand if it were a sleeper car but it says plainly on the back TYPE R so the guy obviously isn't afraid to let people know he has something speedy...

shakwalla
02-15-2005, 06:32 AM
good idea...gone wrong....maybe the guy lost a bet or somethign haha i dont know...im pretty sure id stick with the normal turbo until proven other wise hahaha:bullshit:

ramminghard
02-16-2005, 11:17 PM
http://www.ststurbo.com/home

Take a look at some of the vids. The Z71 is awesome.