PDA

View Full Version : Problems with the dealer

brabus190e
02-08-2005, 10:55 PM
If i'm having problems with a particular dealership...other than dealing directly with the head office....if I want to launch a complaint about this dealer is there a higher body that I can approach to solve my problems with the dealer? The headoffice has been completely useless in helping my situation.

Thanks for your help!

lastprodigy
02-08-2005, 11:07 PM
amvic

ZMan2k2
02-09-2005, 08:59 AM
Better Buisness Beaurau(sp).:dunno:

rmk
02-09-2005, 09:09 AM
can you tell us who it is, so prospective beyonders can avoid?

ditto on the bbb.

ICEBERG
02-09-2005, 11:06 AM
Is It Lone Star? Because my wife put in a complain With MB Canada about them. Their service sucks. I had lot of problems with them. I will never buy from them again. Avoid Lone Star.:thumbsdow

nismodrifter
02-09-2005, 11:34 AM
focka lona stara to hella :thumbsdow

A790
02-09-2005, 12:38 PM
Calgary Hyundai Suzuki wouldn't give me back my deposit... so I showed up one day and parked outside their property line with a big sign that said "BE CAREFUL. YOU MIGHT NOT SEE YOUR MONEY EVER AGAIN".

A lot of people stopped and asked what I was doing, and I explained the whole situation. A suprisingly large amount of them turned around and left. Heh... after about three hours, I got my deposit back :D

heavyD
02-09-2005, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by A790
Calgary Hyundai Suzuki wouldn't give me back my deposit... so I showed up one day and parked outside their property line with a big sign that said "BE CAREFUL. YOU MIGHT NOT SEE YOUR MONEY EVER AGAIN".

A lot of people stopped and asked what I was doing, and I explained the whole situation. A suprisingly large amount of them turned around and left. Heh... after about three hours, I got my deposit back :D

Excellent:thumbsup: Dealerships push people around far too much and get away with it.

KGB
02-09-2005, 05:54 PM
Lone Star sucks :thumbsdow :banghead:

tirebob
02-09-2005, 06:23 PM

A lot of people stopped and asked what I was doing, and I explained the whole situation. A suprisingly large amount of them turned around and left. Heh... after about three hours, I got my deposit back :D Now that is cool! :thumbsup: Stick it to 'em if they are bein assholes!

Redlyne_mr2
02-09-2005, 06:31 PM
You could complain to head office unfortunately all they might do is file youre complaint and it will drop the dealers CSI. IN other words headoffice looks at the number of complaints that come in versus looking at them at a case by case basis. Too many complaints and the dealership can loose its franchise. I would call AMVIC if you want real results.

brabus190e
02-09-2005, 07:04 PM
Well the problem is with the Landrover dealer...they honestly have the worst service...they were supposed to be doing warranty work and then charged us, and not only that they didn't end up doing the work and told us it was done....the head office says we have to take it up with the dealer.

amvic? does anyone have a website or any more info on this organization?

Redlyne_mr2
02-09-2005, 07:09 PM
That happened to me when I took my gf Benz in for service at Lonestar. The dumb bitch Michelle tried to charge for warranty work as well. Being that I work for DaimlerChrysler I was able to call a contact at MB who called the service manager and rectified the issue. I would call Land Rover Canada back and ask to speak to a supervisor instead of some call center clone.

Heres amvic http://www.amvic.org/

20incheyes
02-09-2005, 07:36 PM
the land rover dealer in Calgary is owned by the same guy who owns Lone Star:D

As for the Lone Star dealer, the place was a few minutes from my house so I got the car serviced there a few times IMO they aren't great but they always had a nice loaner waiting for me so that was bonus.

brabus190e
02-10-2005, 02:49 AM
awesome...thanks for your help guys...let's see what amvic can do :drama:

nickyh
02-11-2005, 01:04 PM
I had a problem with a Honda dealer in town.

Took it to BBB, AMVIC, Honda Canada, and the GM - no one gave a fuck!

Still have a letters they sent me.

Juicy
02-12-2005, 02:59 AM
FYI, Lone Star used to own Landrover, but it's now owned by Charles English Jag I do believe.

ehos
02-12-2005, 04:58 AM
Never trust Satan.

They make so much money, yet most stealerships are still dogshit. Never buy/go to Satan unless you MUST!

D. Dub
02-12-2005, 10:22 AM

Sorry to be an a$$ but.......

Legally deposits can be kept by the dealer if the deal falls through. That's the whole point of them taking a deposit.

Most dealers will refund the deposit as a good business practice....but if you've taken up a lot of their time or backed out after they've prepped the car, etc etc you might be SOL.

Buyer beware, don't give a deposit unless you're ready to buy. :;)

heavyD
02-12-2005, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by nickyh
I had a problem with a Honda dealer in town.

Took it to BBB, AMVIC, Honda Canada, and the GM - no one gave a fuck!

Still have a letters they sent me.

Same for me. Honda Canada blows. As much as a like Honda's the way I have been treated by a couple of the local dealers makes it hard for me to consider buying another one.