PDA

View Full Version : Funny ricer mom story

kenny
02-09-2005, 01:45 AM
I just stumbled upon this tonight and thought I would share it, I guess a concerned ricer's mommy had to write and complain about her son's ticket for having illegal taillights.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/import_tuner.html

ex1z7
02-09-2005, 01:51 AM
hahahahahaha dumbass. . .

VetteRacin
02-09-2005, 08:22 AM
wow, that's funny

ZMan2k2
02-09-2005, 08:55 AM
"Ummm....Mom. I got a ticket for being a dumb ricer.":(

"What!?!?! Well that's unacceptable. When I GAVE you the money to buy those lights for the car that I bought you, you told me they were legal.":guns:

"Ummm....yeah. That's what the ad said. Can you help me mom, cause I'm just a dumb kid, and I don't know what to do?":(

:D

'93 SR-V
02-09-2005, 08:24 PM
How dumb is that… My mom will make it better…. Except she’s so stupid that she’s nagging the publisher instead on the company that sold the product… Natural selection should resolve this issue in due time.

R-Audi
02-09-2005, 08:36 PM
I know the lights are ugly as sin.... BUT that is false advertising. The kid may be guilty of bad taste, but if the magazine/company advertises as DOT approved, they should be held responsible!

gpomp
02-09-2005, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi
I know the lights are ugly as sin.... BUT that is false advertising. The kid may be guilty of bad taste, but if the magazine/company advertises as DOT approved, they should be held responsible!
yeah but it's not import tuner that is doing the advertising. say you buy something on beyond and it doesn't work as advertised you wouldn't go complain to kenny, would you?

crazydriver
02-09-2005, 10:43 PM
Bahahaha, man thats some funny shit

Carfanman
02-10-2005, 01:26 PM
LOL-dipsh*t

Skylinelover
02-10-2005, 01:31 PM
lol His mom must be a huge bitch.

rice_eater
02-10-2005, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by gpomp

yeah but it's not import tuner that is doing the advertising. say you buy something on beyond and it doesn't work as advertised you wouldn't go complain to kenny, would you?

yes yes let the buyer beware, but i'm willing to bet that that advert has not been pulled and will continue to be printed and people will keep getting fucked on it, as well as other things that the magazine chooses to ignore if inconvenient

R-Audi
02-10-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by gpomp

Yes in a way, however, the magazine is resposible for approving those ads. The people that work their aren't stupid, they know the laws.
If Beyond itself was advertising something that was false (Not a private marketplace sale) I do believe it would be partly their responsibility to double check things, as it is their reputation that is at stake. (ie. When I was running that Ipod purchase, we had to prove to rage that it was legit. If it wasn't, he had things to lose as well)

Mad$ella
02-10-2005, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by '93 SR-V
Natural selection should resolve this issue in due time.

That is true, but people will continue to rice out their cars regardless... :whocares: