PDA

View Full Version : SAIT and MSN?

craigcd
02-09-2005, 12:21 PM
Just wondering if anyone is having the same problem with MSN Messenger at sait? AS of yesterday i havent been able to sign in and every one else has had the same problem. Still able to sign in over web messenger though.

Are they able to block this through the firewall or something?

Kinda stupid it works welll for transfering files ect, although im sure it is distracting.

Toms-SC
02-09-2005, 12:27 PM
Try to connect, then hit help, thats all you had to do to anwser your own question.

MSN has been on and off for a couple days now, worldwide

craigcd
02-09-2005, 12:54 PM
Just thought it was weird that i could connect from the web and connect from home just not at SAIT.

Seems weird that everyone on my list from SAIT cant sign in yet when i sign in on the web all of my out of SAIT contacts are online and experiencing no problems?

It pretty much says the exact same thing every time you hit the help button.....

Ripper
02-09-2005, 03:49 PM
It worked at like 7:30 this morning at SAIT, then went down.

It was also down last night for a bit, and off and on the last few days. So I think its a MSN thing.

benyl
02-10-2005, 01:48 AM
MSN can be blocked, but normally that is only on corporate networks.

BumpinTalon
02-10-2005, 08:40 PM
MSN was workin today at SAIT no problem, it cut out every once and awhile for some reason though.

method
02-10-2005, 08:42 PM
there was an attempt on the sait system sometime yesterday apparently...

xDiMSuMx
02-10-2005, 08:47 PM
does anyone else's msn go weird when they're at sait?

it works fine on my network at home but when i'm at school it takes minutes for the person sitting beside me to get a message

sometimes i don't even get the message!

BumpinTalon
02-10-2005, 08:50 PM
it does that to me sometimes, but today me and a buddy transferred a 300mb file in about two minutes (very fast as far as MSN goes).