PDA

View Full Version : Compustar cold starting prob.

gibson79
02-09-2005, 05:42 PM
Just had a compustar 1WAM4R remote starter installed in my 95' pathfinder. The system works fine however it won't start in cold weather. I've noticed that quite a few people have this problem and it seems to lie with the second starter output. Does anyone know where this output should be connected to allow extra fuel on cold weather starts? The installer has it connected to the purple wire of the prewired relay but it doesn't seem to be making a difference.:confused:

Strugari
02-09-2005, 08:27 PM
What is the wire color in the vehicle that this relay is hooked up to?

Sorath
02-09-2005, 08:40 PM
bring it to the shop that did urs, the wire mustve disconnected or something it has something to do with the same wire that opens ur trunk

gibson79
02-09-2005, 09:09 PM
I had the install done at A&B in the South. It worked fine for a while but all of a sudden the system started going on the blitz. had it back to the shop to have the module replaced and ever since then it hasn't worked in the cold. I brought it to the shop in the North for hem to look at but they sent me away saying that my truck needed a tune up. I'm just sick of having to book appointments three weeks in advance to not have the problem solved. If you want a job done right you've gotta do it yourself these days.

gggunit
02-09-2005, 09:12 PM
Take it to Derdall designs.. they'll fix it they isntall mine and works awesome :thumbsup:

silvercivicsir
02-17-2005, 12:55 AM
How is your battery ? Had to fix a viper on a maxium and the battery was weak, would start ok in the warm weather, however when it got cold the "car starter" would crank, however would never start the car..

The voltage dropped so much it stopped the car starter however it always would start with the "key"..

Took me a while to figure that one out..