PDA

View Full Version : Scamming cars???

CryoCarnage
02-09-2005, 05:58 PM
How exactly can People do this? I mean like seriously, if you wire transfer to a bank account, it'll have a record and everything. Asking cause im looking into a Supra that costs around 11 grand CDN. Its the NA. I think thta this is a slightly fishy price considering its t he 98 model. :S. ANyway i emailed the guys and he seems pretty nice and he plays in the SPanish royal orchestra. HE said he is havign financial problems. But idunno. what do you guys think?

90Tegra
02-09-2005, 06:34 PM
1998 supra for 11k:eek: give me his number and i'll go check it out and see if it's a scam:D

oddjob
02-09-2005, 06:34 PM
Why would you even ask this? Its a obviously a scam. 11 grand for a fucking 98 supra. My eagle talon costed that much and its older. Scammers always say shit like "my family is in need of money". Its overseas I bet, and your bank will do jack shit to get your money back because the guy opened an account with a fake id.

CryoCarnage
02-09-2005, 06:38 PM
but couldn't they trace it? I mean there are a lot of these for low prices. Im seeing them at 7k-12k us. And its a liable site. My parents bought car from there b4. Had it shipped to us in Toronto.

oddjob
02-09-2005, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by CryoCarnage
but couldn't they trace it? I mean there are a lot of these for low prices. Im seeing them at 7k-12k us. And its a liable site. My parents bought car from there b4. Had it shipped to us in Toronto.

No they wont trace it, and even if they did, its useless because the guy would have taken all the money out and left.

An MKIV N/A supra's value is $15000 US minimum. Its a supra damnit.

As for him being a SPanish royal orchestra guy, ask him to sing you a song and video tape it so you know hes legit.

CryoCarnage
02-09-2005, 06:44 PM
SO basically youre saying every single supra on this site is a scam even tho they supply the VIN numbers and use the delivery bros payment method? Its a company that does a safe transfer. You deposit with them and then when you recieve and sign, they give the money. COst 1 grand US to d this but oh well.

oddjob
02-09-2005, 06:46 PM
Also why would he even say hes with the SPanish royal orchestra? I mean really, do you go around telling people where you work and what you do?

the dude is a scammer, face it. no spanish guy with family problems could have afforded to by a damn supra anyway.

knees scrapin'
02-09-2005, 06:49 PM
Its possible that it is legit. But DO NOT purchase the vehivle without physicaly seeing it and driving it.
As for the price being quite low. I think its quite possible as I purchased a legit #'s matching vehicle for 1/3 of market value.
But be VERY careful. There are some usless bags of skin out there.

My 0.02.:thumbsup:

oddjob
02-09-2005, 08:17 PM
they most likely just took a VIN from eBay. its not hard. i mean its right there......

CryoCarnage
02-09-2005, 09:55 PM
pehaps it is. ill email em all. If i find traces of the same stories, ill fucking be pissed heheh. Anyway THx guys

iceburns288
02-09-2005, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by oddjob
ask him to sing you a song and video tape it so you know hes legit.

You don't sing in an orchestra...

Skylinelover
02-09-2005, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by iceburns288

You don't sing in an orchestra...
You dont drive....:dunno:

DelSoln
02-09-2005, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by CryoCarnage
SO basically youre saying every single supra on this site is a scam even tho they supply the VIN numbers and use the delivery bros payment method? Its a company that does a safe transfer. You deposit with them and then when you recieve and sign, they give the money. COst 1 grand US to d this but oh well.

So what is this site you are looking at?

2002civic
02-10-2005, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Skylinelover

You dont drive....:dunno:
was that supposed to be funny?

lastprodigy
02-10-2005, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by 2002civic

was that supposed to be funny?

yeah, wtf :confused: