PDA

View Full Version : Cobalt SS

k-mac14
02-09-2005, 09:55 PM
I really like the looks and running 14.5, I'm goin to look into buying one of these this summer hopefully. What do u all think?

http://www.chevrolet.com/cobalt/ (http://)

habsfan
02-09-2005, 11:24 PM
honestly, i prefer the cobalt ss over the srt-4. looks much nicer to me, and stock it has similar performance numbers, albeit a little slower than, the srt-4. ditch the wing and new rims, i'd buy one.

ZMan2k2
02-10-2005, 09:41 AM
I'm not a fan of the rear wing, and the wheels are very heavy (like 25lbs each). Like habsfan said, lose the wing, different wheels, yeah, it would be sweet. I can't wait till the car is available. Cause they should make the S/C available too. Then I can get one for my car.

heavyD
02-10-2005, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by habsfan
honestly, i prefer the cobalt ss over the srt-4. looks much nicer to me, and stock it has similar performance numbers, albeit a little slower than, the srt-4. ditch the wing and new rims, i'd buy one.

I have to agree. I like the looks of the SS better even though it isn't quite as fast. The interior in particular is light years better than the SRT4's. GM's are a more reliable than chrysler products also.

k-mac14
02-10-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by ZMan2k2
I'm not a fan of the rear wing, and the wheels are very heavy (like 25lbs each). Like habsfan said, lose the wing, different wheels, yeah, it would be sweet. I can't wait till the car is available. Cause they should make the S/C available too. Then I can get one for my car.

I thought it was a missprint when I saw 18"s on the SS. I'm going home in a week and I'm planning on taking one for a test drive I'll tell you all how it goes.

bspot
02-10-2005, 11:06 AM
You won't be test driving them in a week since they aren't available yet ;)

Closest you can do is test drive a redline.

BumpinTalon
02-10-2005, 01:06 PM
I drove the Redline --- it has a sweet fuckin motor, that thing is brilliant, I Love It. the steering... notsomuch. as well, the whole aesthetics of the Redline aren't that great, it is a gigantic car (bigger then a WRX) and the center gauge bezel is just not cool.
As soon as the Cobalt SS comes available I am going to drive it for sure.

k-mac14
02-10-2005, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by bspot
You won't be test driving them in a week since they aren't available yet ;)

Closest you can do is test drive a redline.

O shit really? Can't be too much longer till there out. Does anyone Know the exact date

bspot
02-10-2005, 04:34 PM
Build date is early in March. Expect to see them late March or early April.

90Tegra
02-11-2005, 10:03 AM
the tail lights look a bit like the skylines!!!