PDA

View Full Version : Even Ford owners hate their cars...

Ben
02-10-2005, 03:21 AM
One of my pics from one of my daily drives around Southern Alberta.

I figured it was comical.

Godfuader
02-10-2005, 03:31 AM
Well, hes not afraid of sayin like it is. Probablly won it and couldn't get the cash equivalent for it?:dunno:

statick
02-10-2005, 07:29 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: thats awsome:D

NickGT
02-10-2005, 07:32 AM
It's a V6 - Can't blame him. :rofl:

benyl
02-10-2005, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by NickGT

werd! :werd: That v6 does suck!

86max
02-10-2005, 08:31 AM
haha........that beats the old bronco 2 I saw running around with a calvin piising on ford sticker:rofl:

A_3
02-10-2005, 03:41 PM
Haha, it's good he can admit that. :rofl:

shakalaka
02-10-2005, 03:50 PM
hahaha
Thats funny, and he drives that.

BerserkerCatSplat
02-10-2005, 04:35 PM
I wonder if he lost a bet? :rofl:

Silly v6's.

/////AMG
02-10-2005, 04:45 PM
:rofl: :rofl: awesome, self ownage lol

crazydriver
02-10-2005, 11:40 PM
BAHAHAHA.. OWNED!!!

pixil9
02-11-2005, 12:12 AM
how the fuck can you make fun of his car for being a v6 when you drive a POS 4 cylinder ricer?

schurchill39
02-11-2005, 12:18 AM
:cry:but i like ford..... expecially mustangs

HTN SWCHS
02-11-2005, 12:19 AM
i think the cars pretty tight,

i drive a 4cyl mustang, i cant keep up with preludes or camry's

oddjob
02-11-2005, 08:59 AM
A Civic LX can beat those crappy v6s ahah

habsfan
02-11-2005, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by pixil9
how the fuck can you make fun of his car for being a v6 when you drive a POS 4 cylinder ricer?

because his POS 6 cylinder mustang runs mid to high 16s at sea level and is actually slower than a v6 taurus...

oddjob
02-11-2005, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by habsfan

because his POS 6 cylinder mustang runs mid to high 16s at sea level and is actually slower than a v6 taurus...

:werd: and a damn auto Talon ESI which is slow as hell can beat the shitty v6 stang. i've seen a v6 stang run a 17.6. WTF.

balpreet
02-11-2005, 01:38 PM
I drive a V6 mustang, i really don't think its a POS, its really a fun car to drive, I know the older v6's were slow, but before you diss the 99-04 v6's know that they dont run 16 at sea level, they run low to mid 15's. also there is no way that a civic lx can beat a v6 mustang. I know its a car not known for racing, but as a stock car, its really fast and with a few good mods can be made a lot faster. correct me if i am wrong but don't civic SiR's, RSX's, Integra's and Preludes also run low to mid 15's at sea level.

jizzajames
02-11-2005, 02:04 PM
haha.. you show me a v6 stang that runs low 15's. an siR will give a 5.0 a run for i'ts money.... may not win, but will rape a v6 stang. and no.... they are not fast cars. but... you are right in that with a few mods it can be made faster..... as with every other auto on the planet... :banghead: :banghead:

GQBalla
02-11-2005, 02:35 PM
wow i wonder why he put that?

balpreet
02-11-2005, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by jizzajames
haha.. you show me a v6 stang that runs low 15's. an siR will give a 5.0 a run for i'ts money.... may not win, but will rape a v6 stang. and no.... they are not fast cars. but... you are right in that with a few mods it can be made faster..... as with every other auto on the planet... :banghead: :banghead:

man no SiR can take a 5.0 or keep close, i have too friends that have SiR's, i have driven them both, and they have driven mine and we all say our cars feel equally as fast, mine at lower RPM's and theres at higher RPM's and we have raced and we have been dead even. Also just search the net for a 2000 v6 5spd 1/4 mile time, u'll find alot that aren't modded that run low to mid 15's.

Actually heres a web site http://www.3.8mustang.com/timeslips/

streetarab
02-11-2005, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by balpreet
I know the older v6's were slow, but before you diss the 99-04 v6's know that they dont run 16 at sea level, they run low to mid 15's.
this may not be apples to apples but, my friends got a v6 firebird with an exhaust, intake, and a few other things and he runs high, HIGH 15's, were talkin 15.9, i doubt the stang would be any faster, and when we look at the big picture, thats not fast anyway

rice_eater
02-11-2005, 03:20 PM
this were chrysler's Power Vehicle Operations neons... the picture speaks for itself, no love there :rofl:

mazda_maniac
02-11-2005, 05:40 PM

man no SiR can take a 5.0 or keep close, i have too friends that have SiR's, i have driven them both, and they have driven mine and we all say our cars feel equally as fast, mine at lower RPM's and theres at higher RPM's and we have raced and we have been dead even. Also just search the net for a 2000 v6 5spd 1/4 mile time, u'll find alot that aren't modded that run low to mid 15's.

Actually heres a web site http://www.3.8mustang.com/timeslips/

Did you look at that site? You're not proving anything cause your car is a 2000 v6 mustang and you say its so fast? Well the slowest stang of you're exact year from that list ran a 16.559 and same gen wise the second slowest one on there ran a 17.055 and it had racing plugs wires and an intake. You really think you're car is low 15's? Fat chance, you just pwned yourself by posting those slips. Guaranteed the cars that are faster have been modded.

oddjob
02-11-2005, 08:53 PM
I drive a V6 mustang, i really don't think its a POS, its really a fun car to drive, I know the older v6's were slow, but before you diss the 99-04 v6's know that they dont run 16 at sea level, they run low to mid 15's. also there is no way that a civic lx can beat a v6 mustang. I know its a car not known for racing, but as a stock car, its really fast and with a few good mods can be made a lot faster. correct me if i am wrong but don't civic SiR's, RSX's, Integra's and Preludes also run low to mid 15's at sea level.

I have a Civic LX and I wasted a 2001 Mustang v6 manual. My Civic is auto. Put it this way, the v6 stangs just suck balls.

balpreet
02-11-2005, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by mazda_maniac

Did you look at that site? You're not proving anything cause your car is a 2000 v6 mustang and you say its so fast? Well the slowest stang of you're exact year from that list ran a 16.559 and same gen wise the second slowest one on there ran a 17.055 and it had racing plugs wires and an intake. You really think you're car is low 15's? Fat chance take a look at the curb weight of you're car compare it to an SIR and tell me yours can keep up you just pwned yourself by posting those slips. Guaranteed the cars that are faster have been modded.

yo man, read the mod lists and u'll find some running the low to mid 15's that dont have mods, u should read everything there first. And i aint saying every mustang is low to mid 15's consider this, a car at calgarys altitude will problaby 1-2 seconds slower. Also about the V6 firebird, its a nice car but the V6 stangs will kill them stock for stock but the V8's the firebird will kill the GT stangs.

jizzajames
02-11-2005, 10:10 PM
a mustang gt runs 14.5ish.. and the v6 15.2ish??? so the gt owner paid an extra 10 g's for half a second ?? nope.

hockey
02-11-2005, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by mazda_maniac

Did you look at that site? You're not proving anything cause your car is a 2000 v6 mustang and you say its so fast? Well the slowest stang of you're exact year from that list ran a 16.559 and same gen wise the second slowest one on there ran a 17.055 and it had racing plugs wires and an intake. You really think you're car is low 15's? Fat chance take a look at the curb weight of you're car compare it to an SIR and tell me yours can keep up you just pwned yourself by posting those slips. Guaranteed the cars that are faster have been modded.

listen buddy, if u look thats the slowest, that doesnt mean shyt, first its an auto n thats the only one there,u c the other ones unmodded? there runnin low-mid-high 15's, which is about what all the cars he listed run? pretty much it becomes a drivers race in the end

A790
02-12-2005, 12:38 AM
My SiR keeps up with 5.0's pretty good.

My SiR has smoked EVERY V6 stand I've ever come across.

Hell, if you don't believe me, let's meet and I'll prove it. It's funny watching mustangs get smoked by a STOCK SiR.

Police
02-12-2005, 01:48 AM
V6 mustangs running 15's HAHAHA joke of the day right there:guns: :thumbsdow

SilverBoost
02-12-2005, 02:16 AM
I don't even know why anyone cares.... you're arguing over the fact whether or not a car can run low 15s ?? I don't get it. Save your debates for guys that are at least claiming something worth talking about. Geeze it's like a "who's dick is bigger" contest where the winner still only has 2 inches.

I know I haven't been here long, but I can't count how many times I've seen this Mustang vs "insert any other car here" debate.

If you really want to have a debate, let's see some slips - your own.

As usual this has gotten way off topic again.

Love the plate! :) As was said, that might be a bet lost. Either way I admire it because he really doesn't seem care what anyone thinks. And you gotta respect that.

streetarab
02-12-2005, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by SilverBoost
Geeze it's like a "who's dick is bigger" contest where the winner still only has 2 inches.

If you really want to have a debate, let's see some slips - your own.

As usual this has gotten way off topic again.

Love the plate! :) As was said, that might be a bet lost. Either way I admire it because he really doesn't seem care what anyone thinks. And you gotta respect that.
it has gone off topic but has become much more interesting in doin so, timeslips are the best way to go, actual timeslips, like pictures of, not ass timeslips, and when people win cars there is usually some contractual thing that states they cant sell the car, so why wouldnt you get that plate if you couldnt sell it?

and i said something about the, as you put it, "whos dick is bigger" thing

Originally posted by streetarab
and when we look at the big picture, thats not fast anyway

Clever
02-12-2005, 12:17 PM
probably some pissed off consumer, that has a vendetta against ford, he probably got screwed by the dealer or something. what a statement though. that plate has definitely peaked my interest.

Ben
02-12-2005, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by A790

Hell, if you don't believe me, let's meet and I'll prove it. It's funny watching mustangs get smoked by a STOCK SiR.

I'd believe it, my old VW GTI with the motor swap and built engine walked away from stock 5.0L's and V6 mustangs and it ran mid-high 15's in the 1/4 here in calgary.

In any case I didn't think this thread would stir so much anger, lol.

mazda_maniac
02-12-2005, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by hockey

listen buddy, if u look thats the slowest, that doesnt mean shyt, first its an auto n thats the only one there,u c the other ones unmodded? there runnin low-mid-high 15's, which is about what all the cars he listed run? pretty much it becomes a drivers race in the end

:bullshit:
Theres actually nothing that states that those faster cars were not modded. Just the ones with mod lists that were known were likely posted you dickhead. So if you're going by that you're telling me a stock v6 2001 stang with radials will run a 14.72? I think fucking not maybe before both you retards start telling me to actually read the site you should consider the listings a little closer also. Explain the time differences when one has a mods list and then one that does not(stock in you're mind) is faster?

GT2NV
02-12-2005, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by A790

Hell, if you don't believe me, let's meet and I'll prove it. It's funny watching mustangs get smoked by a STOCK SiR. :rofl: :rofl: dude no offense, i beat SiR's really easily even my brother who has the b16 swapped into a lighter chassis g2integra, and i know for a fact that a 5.0 would tune me:nut: :banghead:

Toms-SC
02-12-2005, 07:07 PM
OmG ThE BeNcH RaACCinG!!!

Mad$ella
02-12-2005, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by GT2NV
:rofl: :rofl: dude no offense, i beat SiR's really easily even my brother who has the b16 swapped into a lighter chassis g2integra, and i know for a fact that a 5.0 would tune me:nut: :banghead:

I havent lost to any civics etc. etc. I got a couple mods nothign major, but i destory SIRs ... Now an Acura Integra Type R will give me a VERY good run for my money.

Canaduh
02-12-2005, 08:23 PM
to get back on the topic, yeah some fords suck and that is a funny ass plate. Where in AB did you see that Ben?........

To get back off topic and onto the thread, I would still take a beater ford over some riced out p.o.s. honda that farts down the road while Chachi the driver yapps his mouth about how fast it is.

just my opinion. everyone has one:drama:

oddjob
02-12-2005, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Mad$ella

I havent lost to any civics etc. etc. I got a couple mods nothign major, but i destory SIRs ... Now an Acura Integra Type R will give me a VERY good run for my money.

You have a 5.0 though. That's like what? 250 rwhp? SIR has like 150 fwhp. Big difference, you better win.

GreyFox
02-12-2005, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by NickGT
First of all, I think this was slightly sarcastic, and wasn't meant to bash V6 owners. Not all of us have an extra 10 000 to spend just to get a V8. A car is a car. That said, everyone involved in this incident needs to freakin chill out.

Car-Stats.com Report for 2000 Ford Mustang
Obtained from Web April, 1999
0-60: 7 Transmission: Manual
1/4 Mile: 15.5
1/4 Speed: 84

Car-Stats.com Report for 2000 Honda Civic SI
Obtained from Web January, 2001
0-60: 7.9 Transmission: Manual
1/4 Mile: 15.9
1/4 Speed: 88

Info obtained from www.car-stats.com

Nothing else really to say. As said down below, really depends on the driver. No V6 stang would "kill" a SiR, and no SiR would "kill" a V6 stang.

Obviously the people that balpreet in the SiR's can't shift or w/e, or the stangs that other people raced had REALLY shitty people driving.

I mean the way all you guys talk about "killing" the other guy makes it sound like your runnin low 10's and the other guy is running 20's. I highly doubt that.

So how bout we all just calm down a lil, and assume what somebody said before, it depends ALOT on the driver as well.

Back to subject at hand, my bet is that the guy lost a bet :rofl:

Ben
02-12-2005, 11:10 PM
Why is it so hard to believe anyways?

as posted above:

Car-Stats.com Report for 2000 Ford Mustang
Obtained from Web April, 1999
0-60: 7 Transmission: Manual
1/4 Mile: 15.5
1/4 Speed: 84

and thats at sea level.

I ran 15.6's here in calgary which is high to mid 14's at sea level. Stock early 90's 5.0's run low 15's, high 14's in the Q/M at sea level.

balpreet
02-13-2005, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by Ben

I ran 15.6's here in calgary which is high to mid 14's at sea level. Stock early 90's 5.0's run low 15's, high 14's in the Q/M at sea level.

Man thats what i have been trying to say, the mustang is low to mid 15's at sea level, so is the civic time and all the other times, i ain't saying ur car is slow i am just saying that SiR's, Preludes, integras, RSXs and 99+V6 stangs are equally as fast and in most cases its a drivers race. So I say lets stop bashing other peoples rides and respect them.

Ben
02-13-2005, 02:41 AM

Man thats what i have been trying to say, the mustang is low to mid 15's at sea level, so is the civic time and all the other times, i ain't saying ur car is slow i am just saying that SiR's, Preludes, integras, RSXs and 99+V6 stangs are equally as fast and in most cases its a drivers race. So I say lets stop bashing other peoples rides and respect them.

Exactly.

Case closed.

Barking_Spidre
02-13-2005, 09:06 AM
Hahahaha, that's funny. Maybe he's just trying to get attention. :dunno:

mazda_maniac
02-13-2005, 11:41 AM
noone flamed me on my response.....damn lol

fast95pony
02-13-2005, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by streetarab

it has gone off topic but has become much more interesting in doin so, timeslips are the best way to go, actual timeslips, like pictures of, not ass timeslips....

I agree.

So why does your sig quote a time obtained from a G-TECH ??

:dunno:

streetarab
02-13-2005, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by fast95pony

I agree.

So why does your sig quote a time obtained from a G-TECH ??

:dunno:
because im not postin it in the thread as my timeslip, and thats not really an ass timeslip, now is it

Davide
02-22-2005, 02:40 AM
Probably got fired from his job at Ford. Thats probably something I would do If I bought a car from the dealership I worked at and got fired soon after

HuMz
02-23-2005, 03:49 PM
1995 Ford Mustang 3.8L v6, 0 to 60 is 9.9, and 1/4 mile is 17.30 ....thats according to

http://www.ssmoparmuscle.com/speedcomp.htm?NORDERBY=sixty&OORDERBY=make&OORDERDIR=ASC
so if this source is reliable then a sir would SMOKE the V6 mustang

dkny_stylez
02-23-2005, 07:39 PM
good find, i think its a chop tho:tongue:

balpreet
02-23-2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by HuMz
1995 Ford Mustang 3.8L v6, 0 to 60 is 9.9, and 1/4 mile is 17.30 ....thats according to

http://www.ssmoparmuscle.com/speedcomp.htm?NORDERBY=sixty&OORDERBY=make&OORDERDIR=ASC
so if this source is reliable then a sir would SMOKE the V6 mustang

Your an idiot, can't you read, I clearly stated that the 94-98 stangs are slow cause they have a different engines, find stats for the 99+ v6 , that aint a convertible either. Next time read the thread. The 94-98's are putting 150hp, while the 99+'s are putting out 193hp

Dr. Nick
02-23-2005, 09:21 PM
There is a guy I see driving around Grande Prairie every so often with "DON'T BUY DODGE CRAP" in big white vinyl letters on his Red 2004 Dodge Hemi.

Thats good for a chuckle every time I see it.

mazda_maniac
03-01-2005, 02:25 PM
i love balpreets all vulgar defenses its excellent:rofl:

BokCh0y
03-01-2005, 02:31 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: