PDA

View Full Version : my new radar detector

ecstasy_civic
12-21-2002, 01:06 AM
well i picked it up today. i bought it off a buddy for REALLLYYYY cheap. whistler i think it is. well i got pulled over last night so i decided to get one, just happened a buddy wanted to get rid of his. and im still trying to figure it out, i cant stop it from beeping for no reason, i tried re-setting it and it seems to be working nicely now.
now i can speed with ease j/k i dont trust it yet. although there was a cop sitting on nosehill drive today and it picked it up before i even got to the view point of the cop. [i was at the top, he was at the bottom]
any words of advice for my new radar fighter?

Luke 96 T/A
12-21-2002, 03:19 AM
yeah man..
don't put all your trust in 'em..
They're cool, they help sometimes..
but if the cop uses instant on radar, or shoots YOU with the laser (and not a car with 50 feet), then you're busted...
I've got a top of the line bel (and just ordered a valentine 1).. and it's great for the lazy cops..
however, once cruising down crowchild, I picked up a very faint signal early (seemed like a false)... then a minute later, got blasted with the full beam (I had already seen them.. ;-)
but.. I wasn't speeding excessively, so they didn't bull me over..

ecstasy_civic
12-21-2002, 01:11 PM
it hardly ever beeps since i re-set it and it picks up like cabs and cops. last night i was picking my gf up at the palace and a cop came up behind me and i didnt even know it. the thing was going crazy and i was like wtf? and looked behind me and there was a cop there so i dunno if it picks up radar or like high frequency signals. kinda strange