PDA

View Full Version : intro to computers

Mr_John
02-11-2005, 04:52 PM
is anyone in this class at Mount Royal with Shoba Iiyate or something like that?

I went to the first 2 lectures and learnt nothing so decided that I'll just skip lectures and go to all my labs.

anyways heres the problem, I've missed 2 assignments that I didnt know about.

So now I need to find out how much assignments are worth and how the class is weighted out.
Like how much is the midterm worth, final, exercises, and assignments.

This class is a total joke but I hope the 2 assignments dont kill my mark. Looks like I'm gonna have to start going to lectures now.

three.eighteen.
02-11-2005, 05:32 PM
you probably have a midterm soon, just to let you know

buh_buh
02-11-2005, 06:10 PM
you didn't even get a course outline?

SteveMo600
02-11-2005, 06:48 PM
My gf had her as a teacher for her Intro to Comp class and I guess she gives group assignments during class. She doesn't tell you when they'll be and they end up being worth about 5 or 10% of your total final mark. Sounds like you'll have to go to class if you want to get that 5 or 10%. The other lab assignments and quizzes are really easy and a bigger part of your grade so if I were you I"d just screw the 5-10% from lecture group assignments and do well in lab, midterm stuff. I'd double check your course outline to see if that's how much the pop assignments are...that might have changed if your in a different class.

WWJAI
02-11-2005, 07:52 PM
Midterm is this week for COMP 2203...believe its work 25%-30% of your mark
There's 3 Assignments in lab work 15% (5% each)
There's 3 Lab Quizzes worth 15% (5% each)
And Lab and Class Participation with is 3%each
and the rest i think is the final exam

not totally accurate but its pretty close

Mr_John
02-12-2005, 12:10 AM
thanks for the help guys
yeah i do well on all the lab assignments and I was told about the midterm this week but I just wanted to see if the lecture assignments were important or not. Guess its nothing to lose sleep over.

I would check my course outline but she ran out and told us to check blackboard. So I checked and nothing there. She told us how the marks would be distributed but I forgot what the exact numbers were.

Street_Soldier
02-12-2005, 12:22 AM
Yo buddy, try going to school for once, it may help.:burnout:

Mr_John
02-12-2005, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Street_Soldier
Yo buddy, try going to school for once, it may help.:burnout:

:D
thanks hahaha
you know how i cant handle the super early morning classes

finboy
02-12-2005, 12:00 PM
for the mid term, just do the practice exam and you should be good.

the final is a bit harder, if i were you i would start going after the mid term as the class starts to get a bit more technical.