PDA

View Full Version : Everyone hates America....

Zephyr
02-11-2005, 11:45 PM
Iran tensions:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/02/10/iran.nuclear.reut/index.html

North Korea Tensions:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/02/11/nkorea.talks/index.html

man...im honestly getting scared now, why is the world so messed up...*sighs*

oh yea is it me or is there a paradox somewhere? It seems like Iraq is Italy, Iran is Germany and North Korean is Japan...HMMMMMMMM....

Weapon_R
02-11-2005, 11:54 PM
Until a rogue nation is able to / allowed to develop missile technology capable of hitting the United States AND the weapons development to cause serious damage, you don't have to worry.

And right now, the only countries I can think of that can accurately deliver a serious punch sit on the security council.

Even nuclear powers (suspected) like Iran and NK are only halfway there - developing an accurate Intercontinental delivery system that is evasive enough to avoid being targeted by Patriot Missile Defence systems are beyond the grasps of these countries. To develop an ICBM, a nation needs to know how to get its missiles out of the atmosphere and locate a target, which is no easy task

Zephyr
02-12-2005, 12:05 AM
well its a fact that NK has nuclear arms since they bluntly said it out or they are just bluffing to scare everyone.. but still, if they cant hit U.S., doesnt mean the U.S. wont go hitting them...just look at iraq...plus bush is pushing to reinstate the draft (and i got registered into the selective service a while back already, fawk!) cuz apparently we dont have enough service men, which is a crock of shit according to a few friends in the army right now.

*sighs* if anything goes really bad, anyone wanna help me get to canada? or ill swim to china lol

Toma
02-12-2005, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Zephyr
Iran tensions:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/02/10/iran.nuclear.reut/index.html

North Korea Tensions:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/02/11/nkorea.talks/index.html

man...im honestly getting scared now, why is the world so messed up...*sighs*

oh yea is it me or is there a paradox somewhere? It seems like Iraq is Italy, Iran is Germany and North Korean is Japan...HMMMMMMMM....
Um... no. US=Germany, Bush = Hitler

Aside from that mistake, you have every right to be nervous (as we all are).

hjr
02-12-2005, 01:25 AM
a nuclear attack would most likely not be done through an icbm. All a terrorist really needs to do it ship it through las angeles harbour. off all the containers that come in they can only inspect a small percentage of them with the man power they have without drastically hurting the economy by skyrocketing customs times. once in the harbour, it can be detinated and take out huge portions of LA. This is of course a terrorist problem, not an international dispute problem.

Cyruss12
02-12-2005, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Zephyr
plus bush is pushing to reinstate the draft (and i got registered into the selective service a while back already, fawk!) cuz apparently we dont have enough service men, which is a crock of shit according to a few friends in the army right now.

Where did you get that information, Bush has said over and over and over that he is NOT interested in reinstating the draft.

in addition Iran doesnt have nulcear weapons yet, they just have nuclear energy and are supposidly awhile off from being able to make the weapons, and NK is still 10 years away from making a missile that would be able to hit California, so im sure in that time something will be done about them.

Toms-SC
02-12-2005, 10:28 AM
Not saying that it is a more "morally correct" reason, but GWB invades countries for oil, not for the genocide of people (Hitler:Jews). I think the fact that people actually believe GWB does everything he does out of pure hatred or greed is a little childish. Sure those surrounding him (Cheaney, etc) are questionable, but in my opinion GWB actually believes what he is doing is the right thing, and in some ways it is. In others, not so much. But to compare him to someone who purposefully and knowingly invaded countries for the sake of exterminating Jews and basically ruling the world is completely off base. Is he a bad leader? In a lot of ways yes. Does he surround himself with questionable people? Absolutely. But is he purely evil like Hitler? Come on now people, I hold Beyond to a higher standard then that. Or maybe I shouldn't?

DuPont
02-12-2005, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Toma

US=Germany, Bush = Hitler
Aside from that mistake, you have every right to be nervous (as we all are).

Scary but true...

Toms-SC
02-12-2005, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by DuPont

Scary but true...

Scary but not true

hyperwhite
02-12-2005, 10:57 AM
bush is a pupet, cheaney=hitler

D. Dub
02-12-2005, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
Not saying that it is a more "morally correct" reason, but GWB invades countries for oil, not for the genocide of people (Hitler:Jews)................. I think the fact that people actually believe GWB does everything he does out of pure hatred or greed is a little childish. Sure those surrounding him (Cheaney, etc) are questionable, but in my opinion GWB actually believes what he is doing is the right thing, and in some ways it is.

The current death count of Iraqi civilians is at about 16,000. But I guess those innocents don't count?

GBW and his enmeshed, religiously based value system violate the basic tenets of the separation of church and state.

They have the belief that they are morally correct and superior in their imperialist approach to other nations; marching forward with Jesus and democracy; this is truly frightening. Almost as frightening as the Islamic Jihad.

You won't be such an apologist once the new imperialist fascists decide that they need Canada's huge resource base as well :eek:

heavyD
02-12-2005, 11:39 AM
You anti-americans remember without the US, Canada would been a republic of Russia years ago. Because we border with the US, we don't need to spend billions of our tax dollars on our armed forces because the US does for us. Without our biggest trading partner Canada would be a third world country as we would have to export all of our goods accross two oceans.

Grab a fucking brain people!!!! The only reason your sitting behind your computer enjoying a comfortable lifestyle is because of the good old USA. Don't ever forget that.:whipped:

D. Dub
02-12-2005, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by heavyD
You anti-americans remember without the US, Canada would been a republic of Russia years ago. Because we border with the US, we don't need to spend billions of our tax dollars on our armed forces because the US does for us. Without our biggest trading partner Canada would be a third world country as we would have to export all of our goods accross two oceans.

Grab a fucking brain people!!!! The only reason your sitting behind your computer enjoying a comfortable lifestyle is because of the good old USA. Don't ever forget that.:whipped:

You're kidding right? You sound like Ann Coulter or Bill Reilly for krissake :devil:

The US did not protect us from the Evil Empire in any way shape or form. :drama:

We were a main colony of GB and are still a constitutional monarchy in the Commonwealth Realm. We never ever ever ever had to worry about those big bad communists :rolleyes:

Canada has a huge resource base, and the US is our main trading partner, but it is a RECIPROCAL and mutually dependent and beneficial relationship. They need us too.

Because we have a huge resource base, are part of the Commonwealth Realm and are highly educated with a strong technological base we would never ever ever ever ever become a third world country.

Any questions?

Time to study some history and economics.

Toms-SC
02-12-2005, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by D. Dub

The current death count of Iraqi civilians is at about 16,000. But I guess those innocents don't count?

No, it doesnt. 16,000 vs how many in the genocide? And are all these 'innocents' killed by the US or allies? or is it combined with these dudes running into bakerys and shooting everybody?

I guess my problem is, why do you have to even put Hitler's name in the same title as Bush's? Just for the attention? Just make headlines like "Bush's facist tendancies"?. I think you and everyone else who blows things up to be bigger than they need to, have to realize that GWB isn't the only person in the world to have these tendancies since Hitler, yet for some reason (shock value I'm assuming) people feel the need to compare him to someone he is not even close to being. Thats all.

streetarab
02-12-2005, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Cyruss12
Where did you get that information, Bush has said over and over and over that he is NOT interested in reinstating the draft.

they are tryin to move towards a draft

wtf, korea says they have nuclear weapons then they say they want to talk to the US, great, maybe we can be friends, but no, bush(or his adminstration or whatever) are a bunch of fuckin retards, no, lets not talk to the people with nuclear weapons, that wouldnt be smart:rolleyes:

i think the US depends too much on canada and they dont want to admit it. i think canada would be fine without the US.

i think bush is a greedy fuckin bastard in the war for oil

i was lookin at a chart that showed expected paths of nuclear fallout, thanks to mister jet stream, i fucked any way you cut it, whats the easiest way to move to canada? is there some kind of program to help weetods like me?

who cares if bush is hitler or whoever, he fuckin blows ass, :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Cyruss12
02-12-2005, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by streetarab

they are tryin to move towards a draft

wtf, korea says they have nuclear weapons then they say they want to talk to the US, great, maybe we can be friends, but no, bush(or his adminstration or whatever) are a bunch of fuckin retards, no, lets not talk to the people with nuclear weapons, that wouldnt be smart:rolleyes:

first off get your facts straight. they didnt say they wont talk to them, they said they wont talk directly with north korea one on one, which believe it or not is a smart thing because its not just an american problem its a regional problem concerning alot of countries close to north korea, so they too should be involved in the talks, that what the u.s. wants. and once again i dont know where your seeing that they are pushing for a draft because if they wanted a draft...there would be one already.

hjr
02-12-2005, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by streetarab
i think the US depends too much on canada and they dont want to admit it. i think canada would be fine without the US.
well you marginally right and blatently wrong. Most 'common' people in the usa feel that they are doing canada a favor by trading with it. People in the trade business and the government know all too well that the us is severely dependent on canada. That is where you are marginally right. where you are blatently wrong is thinking that canada could survive without the us. We NEED them as much as they NEED us. It is most definetly a 2-way street.

AcuraTl
02-12-2005, 06:54 PM
if bush was really sincere about, your with us or against us, and if he was really sincere about protecting the world against 'wmds' they he would have taken out NK a long time ago...I swear to god if bush actually publically SAID "i am going after iraq for the oil" i would have supported the war... i swear to god.. But the shere fact that he LIED about it all to such a great extent makes me think that its not only for the oil...but for extending the influence of 'american empire' over the remainder of the world....

Carfanman
02-12-2005, 07:17 PM
*snip*"The Iranian nation does not seek war, does not seek violence and dispute.*snip*
*snip* as the crowd, braving heavy snow, chanted "Daeth to America!" and "Dath to Israel!."*snip*

Seems kind of contadictory to me. They are against war and violence yet they say they want to kill 2 countrys.
WTF? how can you defend them?

and, How the FUK can you call bush hitler??!!??!!
DO YOU FUKING KNOW WHO HITLER WAS????? How can you possibly compare the muurder of millions of people for the sole reason of them being different, to kiilling 16,00 people in a war? if its a war you better fuking expect inocent people to diie. But its not like they were trying to kil people.
You show me one war were inocent people werent kiled.
It not like bush is saying, "these inocent iraqis are different, lets kil them". you need to fuking think before you say/post these kinds of things. If you were alive during hitlers time youd fuking think before saying something like that.
I have family that diied cuz of him. if you were blcak, gaay, jewish, ect. you died. I hope you burn in hell for what you said

EDIT: that was probably too harsh but that really offended me and that was really stupid

Toma
02-13-2005, 01:12 AM

It's the other way around. The US TRIED to take us, we kicked ass.

THEY (the US) are the lucky ones. Lucky that they were allowed to evolve and progress next to a peacefull neighbour with no expansionist goals. The ONLY reason they are where they are politically, militarily and economically is because Canada is a peacefull neighbour with no dillusions of granduer.

Imagine what North America would be like today if we had been at war with the Americans since 1812 ??

Give your head a shake.

Toma
02-13-2005, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Carfanman

Seems kind of contadictory to me. They are against war and violence yet they say they want to kill 2 countrys.
WTF? how can you defend them?

and, How the FUK can you call bush hitler??!!??!!
DO YOU FUKING KNOW WHO HITLER WAS?????

EDIT: that was probably too harsh but that really offended me and that was really stupid
booohooo. Offending bafoons really breaks my heart .

America has killed millions of people since WW2, mostly innocent, mostly in the name of demonstrating power, for economic gain, or religion and political ideology.

Bush is just a convenient current target with his sutpidity, racist, white supremecist attitude. He is the fist in a long line to stand up and proudly lie without fear.

Ask any American.... they will proudly tell you how much better they are then anyone else in the world.

streetarab
02-13-2005, 08:12 AM
Ask any American.... they will proudly tell you how much better they are then anyone else in the world.
the only way i MAY be better then anyone else is that i have the ability to move forward in life, and that doesnt apply to solme countries like canada, only to places like mexico where most live in poverty, other than that, i think you canadians are better than us, at least government/foreign affair wise, i may be the minority here though...

heavyD
02-13-2005, 04:00 PM
Any questions?

Time to study some history and economics.

Yeah. Are you frikkin serious? If this is the way kids are being brought up today, I shudder at the thought of what this country will be like in 20 years.:(

I don't need to study history as I have already finished all my post seconday education son. You obviously were nothing but a sperm cell in the 60's & 70's or maybe you haven't got passed WWII in your history classes yet.:thumbsdow

heavyD
02-13-2005, 04:26 PM

It's the other way around. The US TRIED to take us, we kicked ass.

THEY (the US) are the lucky ones. Lucky that they were allowed to evolve and progress next to a peacefull neighbour with no expansionist goals. The ONLY reason they are where they are politically, militarily and economically is because Canada is a peacefull neighbour with no dillusions of granduer.

Imagine what North America would be like today if we had been at war with the Americans since 1812 ??

Give your head a shake.

Yes the US is so fortunate to have us as thier neighbor. :rolleyes: Canada, a place where terrorists can comfortably plan attacks on the US right beside their border. Canada, a country that has no definition. Canada, a country plenty full of cheap illegal narcotis, terrorists in hiding, hell anyone can marry it doesn't matter what sex or orientation you are. Yes we are so scared of offending anyone that we have become a country of irrelevance amongst the world. Our politicians rape the taxpayers (an adscam in the US would have got the politicians hung) and as a country we just shrug our shoulders and say "well at least we have healthcare".

Canada, a country where the birthrate is alarmingly low, we let all gays get married. Maybe the government wants to get the population back under 30 million. Oh yes, we don't want to offend people living alternative lifestyles do we.

You people realize that there are only two provinces making any money in the great country.

I love it when people say that Canada is a country of peace. You know why we are peaceful? Because no one will fuck with us due to our close proximity with the bad old USA. It is pretty easy to be peaceful when you have no armed forces to speak of and all your military equipment is second rate. What country could we enforce anythng on? All our politicians worry about is legalizing gay marriage, drugs, their own personal businesses and how they can get out of paying taxes, who's buying dinner tonight on the taxpayer creditcard.

You people really need to get out and see the rest of the world. Then when you come back you might appreciate our neighbor a little bit more.

Toma
02-13-2005, 04:50 PM

I love it when people say that Canada is a country of peace. You know why we are peaceful? Because no one will fuck with us due to our close proximity with the bad old USA. ....

LOL man.... you are funny as hell. So they wont fuck with weak old Canada cause they are afraid of the all mighty yanks, but will attack the US directly?? Yeah....makes sense.

LOL

I do agree CANADIANS are sheepish in their attitides on over taxation, but really... at least half our cities and towns aren't desserted with boarded up shops and windows on main street :rolleyes:

I see no reason gays should not get married. Who gives a fuck. :dunno:

Like I said earlier. THE ONLY REASON the US is where they are is because of Canada, the good neghbour :love:

D. Dub
02-13-2005, 05:51 PM

Yeah. Are you frikkin serious? If this is the way kids are being brought up today, I shudder at the thought of what this country will be like in 20 years.:(

I don't need to study history as I have already finished all my post seconday education son. You obviously were nothing but a sperm cell in the 60's & 70's or maybe you haven't got passed WWII in your history classes yet.:thumbsdow

Actually, I'm in my mid 30's and I am currently working on a graduate degree.

D. Dub
02-13-2005, 05:57 PM

Yes the US is so fortunate to have us as thier neighbor. :rolleyes: Canada, a place where terrorists can comfortably plan attacks on the US right beside their border. Canada, a country that has no definition. Canada, a country plenty full of cheap illegal narcotis, terrorists in hiding, hell anyone can marry it doesn't matter what sex or orientation you are. Yes we are so scared of offending anyone that we have become a country of irrelevance amongst the world. Our politicians rape the taxpayers (an adscam in the US would have got the politicians hung) and as a country we just shrug our shoulders and say "well at least we have healthcare".

Canada, a country where the birthrate is alarmingly low, we let all gays get married. Maybe the government wants to get the population back under 30 million. Oh yes, we don't want to offend people living alternative lifestyles do we.

You people realize that there are only two provinces making any money in the great country.

I love it when people say that Canada is a country of peace. You know why we are peaceful? Because no one will fuck with us due to our close proximity with the bad old USA. It is pretty easy to be peaceful when you have no armed forces to speak of and all your military equipment is second rate. What country could we enforce anythng on? All our politicians worry about is legalizing gay marriage, drugs, their own personal businesses and how they can get out of paying taxes, who's buying dinner tonight on the taxpayer creditcard.

You people really need to get out and see the rest of the world. Then when you come back you might appreciate our neighbor a little bit more.

Wow man, does that red neck get itchy???

:D

Weapon_R
02-13-2005, 07:39 PM

I love it when people say that Canada is a country of peace. You know why we are peaceful? Because no one will fuck with us due to our close proximity with the bad old USA.

Umm no. That entire novel you wrote was pretty much innacurate, but the U.S. has no choice BUT to defend Canada. If they didn't, the Soviets would have LONG invaded NA through the north. Canada was the only buffer that the U.S. has/had/ever will have in North America. So the next time you spew all that crap about how we are so lucky to be defended by the U.S, understand that the U.S. HAS TO, without choice.

Oh, and in case you want to bring up the point that the Soviet Union is gone, plug in North Korea/Iran/Rest of the world in that space instead.

heavyD
02-14-2005, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

Umm no. That entire novel you wrote was pretty much innacurate, but the U.S. has no choice BUT to defend Canada. If they didn't, the Soviets would have LONG invaded NA through the north. Canada was the only buffer that the U.S. has/had/ever will have in North America. So the next time you spew all that crap about how we are so lucky to be defended by the U.S, understand that the U.S. HAS TO, without choice.

Oh, and in case you want to bring up the point that the Soviet Union is gone, plug in North Korea/Iran/Rest of the world in that space instead.

Which means what I said before. If it wasn't for the US, we would be typing in Russian right now.:rolleyes: Please disprove anything I said smarty pants.:poosie:

heavyD
02-14-2005, 08:59 AM

Actually, I'm in my mid 30's and I am currently working on a graduate degree.

You will fit right in Ottawa. Taxpayers probably funded your education, soon we'll be funding your savings.:thumbsup:

D. Dub
02-14-2005, 09:06 AM

Which means what I said before. If it wasn't for the US, we would be typing in Russian right now.:rolleyes: Please disprove anything I said smarty pants.:poosie:

That's just an utterly silly and simplistic assumption that doesn't even warrant the breath to argue against it. :rofl:

heavyD
02-14-2005, 09:09 AM

My goodness you are obtuse :rolleyes:

Taxpayers fund a large portion of EVERYONE'S education in Canada through subsidized tuitions and fiscally supported institutions.

I came out of school with $25K in student loans and had to pay back $227000 (finished paying 2 years ago). Unfortunalely I'm not a Doctor or Lawyer (professionals are the highest rate of loan defaulters) so I had to pay most of the entire loan back.:cry:

But at least I pay my own way.

heavyD
02-14-2005, 09:09 AM

That's just an utterly silly and simplistic assumption that doesn't even warrant the breath to argue against it. :rofl:

You may think you're smarter than me but your not.:thumbsup:

D. Dub
02-14-2005, 09:27 AM

I came out of school with $25K in student loans and had to pay back $227000 (finished paying 2 years ago). Unfortunalely I'm not a Doctor or Lawyer (professionals are the highest rate of loan defaulters) so I had to pay most of the entire loan back.:cry:

But at least I pay my own way.

No, actually you didn't pay your own way......only a small part.....

a large portion of your education was paid for by government subsidization and operating grants for the PUBLIC post secondary educational system!!! :D

heavyD
02-14-2005, 09:55 AM

No, actually you didn't pay your own way......only a small part.....

a large portion of your education was paid for by government subsidization and operating grants for the PUBLIC post secondary educational system!!! :D

Ha Ha. Sure some of the education was subsidized but government didn't pay for my meals and rent it also didn't pay for all of my tuition and books.

I'm different than you though. I'm in my 30's also. I pay about $18K annually income tax (personally), $2500 property tax, have 3 vehicles, a house, I contribute to the economy, a productive person you could say.

You probably either live with your parents or are in res. or rent with roommates. What the government doesn't subsidize, your parents probably pay the rest or you work part time at a Subway. You are basically a drain on our taxes like a welfare case but your excuse is that you are getting an education. You're in your 30's and still haven't accomplished squat. But hey you use fancy words in your posts. Good job. :thumbsup:

D. Dub
02-14-2005, 10:31 AM

Ha Ha. Sure some of the education was subsidized but government didn't pay for my meals and rent it also didn't pay for all of my tuition and books.

I'm different than you though. I'm in my 30's also. I pay about $18K annually income tax (personally), $2500 property tax, have 3 vehicles, a house, I contribute to the economy, a productive person you could say.

You probably either live with your parents or are in res. or rent with roommates. What the government doesn't subsidize, your parents probably pay the rest or you work part time at a Subway. You are basically a drain on our taxes like a welfare case but your excuse is that you are getting an education. You're in your 30's and still haven't accomplished squat. But hey you use fancy words in your posts. Good job. :thumbsup:

Post secondary education in Canada is a public instituion and the tuition you paid only funded about 25% of the actual costs of your education, with the rest coming from government grants ........so I guess that makes you a welfare case too?

If you really believe in all the right wing stuff you spew, how about paying back the government for funding 75% of your education?

BTW , You sure make yourself look like a fool when you continuously make all of your ignorant assumptions about me.

I worked my way through my first university degree taking minimal student loans. In fact I only borrowed $11,000 over 4 years. Much less than you did. Less than half in fact. Thus being a minimal drain on the system. Unlike yourself who took $25,000 in student loans over what 2 years in a tech program, which are also government subsidized BTW.

and then I worked for the last 13 years.

Now I'm a stay at home dad and full time graduate student while my wife (who is a doctor that I helped put through school BTW) is floating the boat.

You say you pay $18,000 a year in taxes.....big deal...

We have paid more in taxes than you could possibly even imagine!!:rolleyes:

Doctor's rarely default on their student loans...in almost all of them have to get private bank lines of credit/loans to the tune of an average of $100,000 to complete their educations, which are paid back in full.

heavyD
02-14-2005, 11:09 AM

Post secondary education in Canada is a public instituion and the tuition you paid only funded about 25% of the actual costs of your education, with the rest coming from government grants ........so I guess that makes you a welfare case too?

If you really believe in all the right wing stuff you spew, how about paying back the government for funding 75% of your education?

BTW , You sure make yourself look like a fool when you continuously make all of your ignorant assumptions about me.

I worked my way through my first university degree taking minimal student loans. In fact I only borrowed $11,000 over 4 years. Much less than you did. Less than half in fact. Thus being a minimal drain on the system. Unlike yourself who took $25,000 in student loans over what 2 years in a tech program, which are also government subsidized BTW.

and then I worked for the last 13 years.

Now I'm a stay at home dad and full time graduate student while my wife (who is a doctor that I helped put through school BTW) is floating the boat.

You say you pay $18,000 a year in taxes.....big deal...

We have paid more in taxes than you could possibly even imagine!!:rolleyes:

Doctor's rarely default on their student loans...in almost all of them have to get private bank lines of credit/loans to the tune of an average of $100,000 to complete their educations, which are paid back in full.

I have (2) 2-year tech (SAIT isn't like University where you have alot of free time to work) diplomas not one and I paid back 90% of the $25K. I didn't get any help from parents and had to foot the bills myself and had to drive & operate a car to take my wife to and from UofC and her part time music teaching. Myself taking the larger loans meant that my wife didn't have to. I (or we) have become quite successful without any freeloading thanks.

"We" being your wife paying more in taxes you mean. I can count my wife that puts me (oh sorry we) at $38-40K annually so I can imagine.

You say that doctors rarely default. Yes but when they do it is usually to the tune of $50K or more compared to a tech dropout that may default $6K.

The arguing is pointless because for everything you say, I can tell a different story. Pointless and off topic. Oh and I don't resort to calling people names like "fool" even though you are guilty of assumptions about me also.

Back to the topic now please.:whocares:

D. Dub
02-14-2005, 01:14 PM

I have (2) 2-................................................................Back to the topic now please.:whocares:

Fine, back to the topic.

But when are going to pay back that taxpayer funded education:dunno:

Toms-SC
02-14-2005, 01:35 PM
What the hell are you guy's talking about?

The topic at hand is the blanket statement 'everybody hates america'. You know, EVEEEEEEEEEERYBODY hates America.

Toma
02-14-2005, 01:53 PM

What has this to do with anything in this topic?

Education in Canada (tuition fees directly) are HEAVILY subsidised. Hence why you can go to University here for $6000 per year, or $25,000 US per year in the US ;)

What you are talking about is something else.... subsidy after you are finished your education that is awarded based on financial need, but it is a very small portion of the actual tuition that is subsidised for everyone.

Thanks for contributing your valuable input ;)

heavyD
02-14-2005, 01:58 PM

The topic at hand is the blanket statement 'everybody hates america'. You know, EVEEEEEEEEEERYBODY hates America.

I don't. I've been to the USA a bit in the last few years and have talked to waitresses who's brother has been gone for 9 months and he has kids that he hans't seen yet, business associates that have their sons out east in the military and others. These are real people folks just like you and me. Also it's easy to talk all peace when your country hasn't been attacked.

There will never be complete world peace as long as humans are governing it. It just isn't possible. We are inherantly destructive. We have nice boys in murdering their pregnant girlfriends in Calgary for crying out loud which just goes to prove that anyone anytime is capable of killing/murdering. We have to ensure that these types of individuals aren't in position to do mass destruction.

If one country has to take initiative to rid the world of terrorists so be it. Comparing Bush to Hitler is ridiculous. One wanted to conquer all, one wants to protect his country and its future. Wake up and take a look at the real world and not the one from your comfy house.

Toma
02-14-2005, 02:03 PM

Sorry.... EVERYBODY is a generalization.

However, most polls place the number at %70 to 80% depending who does the survey ;)

Toma
02-14-2005, 02:06 PM

I don't. I've been to the USA a bit in the last few years and have talked to waitresses who's brother has been gone for 9 months and he has kids that he hans't seen yet, business associates that have their sons out east in the military and others. These are real people folks just like you and me. Also it's easy to talk all peace when your country hasn't been attacked.

.... Comparing Bush to Hitler is ridiculous. One wanted to conquer all, one wants to protect his country and its future. Wake up and take a look at the real world and not the one from your comfy house.
You and your kind make it sound liek the attacks on the US are unprovoked. WRONG. They stick their nose everywhere, fund terrorists when it suits them, overtrow elected goverments when they need to etc...

The attack were/are no surprise.

And the US does not want to conquer all the world....just control it all. Seems about the same to me.

Toma
02-14-2005, 02:09 PM

You and your kind make it sound liek the attacks on the US are unprovoked. WRONG. They stick their nose everywhere, fund terrorists when it suits them, overtrow elected goverments when they need to etc...

And the US does not want to conquer all the world....just control it all. Seems about the same to me.
Being an educated man....maybe go read some alternative books jsut to get and educated perspective on the other side of the story...

Try anything by Noam Chomsky. Impeccable facts, smart guy (MIT prof), funny to read...

heavyD
02-14-2005, 02:18 PM

Oh I am associated with a kind? Because I oppose your opinion.

We will obviously never agree on this subject but what matters most is that my opionion is the one that is being put to work in the world while yours isn't. While your KIND are reading your books, watching farenheit 911, and denouncing the US, the real work is being done out in the world to ensure that your children enjoy the same freedom as you and your parents did.

Real easy to sit at your computer in your heated house in a country that is largely irrelevant to the world and spout off how the big kid next door is a bully. The same one you would have to run behind if someone came after you.:werd:

heavyD
02-14-2005, 02:19 PM

Oh I am associated with a kind? Because I oppose your opinion.

We will obviously never agree on this subject but what matters most is that my opionion is the one that is being put to work in the world while yours isn't. While your KIND are reading your books, watching farenheit 911, and denouncing the US, the real work is being done out in the world to ensure that your children enjoy the same freedom as you and your parents did. You can say & believer what you want but it's really irrelevant.

Real easy to sit at your computer in your heated house in a country that is largely irrelevant to the world and spout off how the big kid next door is a bully. The same one you would have to run behind if someone came after you.:werd:

D. Dub
02-14-2005, 02:36 PM

While your KIND are reading your books, watching farenheit 911, and denouncing the US, the real work is being done out in the world to ensure that your children enjoy the same freedom as you and your parents did.

Oh my yes I'm going to drop prostrate to the next american I meet and thenk them profusely :rolleyes:

We should probably just burn those all those pesky books and just follow the US lead wherever it takes us.

Because obviously "might is right" and there is no place in the world for critical thought or alternative viewpoints.

heavyD
02-14-2005, 02:47 PM

Sorry.... EVERYBODY is a generalization.

However, most polls place the number at %70 to 80% depending who does the survey ;)

It's a dirty job but somebody's gotta do it. You are all free to your opionions and alternatice views but that doesn't keep us safe at night. You people that oppose the US can say what you want but you do know that it doesn't matter. Don't you?

Toma
02-14-2005, 02:51 PM

We will obviously never agree on this subject but what matters most is that my opionion is the one that is being put to work in the world while yours isn't.
LOL, first, ONLY the US and the people it pays off or bribes or coerces use "your opinion", certainly not the "rest of the world"

Second.... my house is heated with Canadian natural resources, has Canadian electricty, and my car runs Canadian gas.... and really... I heard the Americans crying cause we were gonna limit how much water we sell them :poosie:

So you are right in that regard. Thank god for the greedy, overconsuming bastards to the South of us.... gives us a place to sell our power, wood, minerals, water etc...

Now dont get me wrong....had the Russians taken over the US after Kennedy's near starting of WW3, we would be selling our products to them instead ;) they however would probably just use a little less ;)

You make WAY yo many moronic assumptions to even bother. Like "If it weren't for the US, we would be:
speaking german
speaking russian
Still wearing buffalo skins
building igloos.

PUHLEASE. You ask us to back our facts up? Well for peats sakes, you can't even back your moronic ASS-U-mptions up ;) Our FACTS are easy to back up. Your If's, maybes, woulda's, coulda's etc are NOTHING but your fantasy.

:poosie:

DayGlow
02-14-2005, 02:58 PM
http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/images/smiles/popcorn.gif

D. Dub
02-14-2005, 03:01 PM

It's a dirty job but somebody's gotta do it. You are all free to your opionions and alternatice views but that doesn't keep us safe at night. You people that oppose the US can say what you want but you do know that it doesn't matter. Don't you?

Ummm............... safe at night from what?!?!

We Canadians really haven't pissed anyone off on the world scene.

While ironically, the US needs to protect itself from the radical factions that have been seminated, trained and armed by past US foreign policy.

streetarab
02-14-2005, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by DayGlow
http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/images/smiles/popcorn.gif
:werd: this is stupid and completely off topic, but its fun to watch two retards go at it:rofl:

AcuraTl
02-14-2005, 03:58 PM
i will PERSONALLY thank the next american i meet, its because of them that im not plucking ass hairs from Saddams butt and polishing Osamas Finger nails....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

heavyD
02-14-2005, 04:13 PM
This thread has got pretty convoluted. Nice to see people voice their opinions even if they don't matter.

Toma
02-14-2005, 05:25 PM
This thread has got pretty convoluted. Nice to see people voice their opinions even if they don't matter.
:thumbsup:

Toms-SC
02-14-2005, 06:49 PM
geese HeavyD, I don't know where the hell you came from but you have bumped me from the number 1 pro American spot here. The difference between you and I is that my posts are solid, yours seem to be more of personal feelings.

Please go back to lurking. I too grew up in America (Dallas), this does not mean you have to go throwing your garbage around here.

Toma and I appear to be polar opposites on most topics. But there is one thing I bet we both could agree on. HeavyD, your posts are offending our intellect.

heavyD
02-15-2005, 08:57 AM
geese HeavyD, I don't know where the hell you came from but you have bumped me from the number 1 pro American spot here. The difference between you and I is that my posts are solid, yours seem to be more of personal feelings.

Please go back to lurking. I too grew up in America (Dallas), this does not mean you have to go throwing your garbage around here.

Toma and I appear to be polar opposites on most topics. But there is one thing I bet we both could agree on. HeavyD, your posts are offending our intellect.

Sorry to offend you wise man.:rolleyes: