PDA

View Full Version : rear speaker deck rattle solved...

Clockwork
02-12-2005, 02:32 PM
Hi guys. I know I am not the only person with this problem, so i figured i'd post telling how i solved this problem temporarily.
the middle child safety harness screws into a metal plate, so all i did was push the back deck down around this child harness plate, and between the gap exposed now (between the cardboard deck and metal plate) put a metal rod about the same thickness as a pencil between the metal plate and deck. yeah it looks a bit foolish, but this solves the rattling problem now till i can find something nicer to wedge between the plate and deck, to keep applying pressure on the deck.

this may sound confusing to read, but I'll post a pic later when my camera bettery is charged...

anyhow, now the stereo sounds pretty descent still lacks low end but atleast there is no more rattling from the bass that does occur

does anyone know of who makes 6x9 subs either, and if they would sound better than the factory subs (HK system) would even if you just run them off the same factory amp the HK system uses? I don't wanna have to put in an amp if i don't have to ya see...

Clockwork