PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor Soccer 2005

Shaolin
02-13-2005, 12:17 PM
My team is holding preliminary tryouts in a couple of weeks and by mid march will be holding official tryouts for the outdoor season.

We have 2 Men's teams and 2 Women's teams..

For Outdoor:

Men's Div 1 and Div 4
Women's Premier and Div 4

The team's been around for about 10 years, with original members still committed to the club in some way (Board of Directors, Coach, Assistant Coach, Player, etc).

Anyways, if you guys are interested trying out for the team this season, send me a PM. All position but goalkeeper.

Attitude first, skill second..

dj_honda
02-14-2005, 01:24 AM
what team is this?

Shaolin
02-14-2005, 01:26 AM
Vipers Soccer Club

Kirbs17
02-14-2005, 02:20 AM
I know this team, played against your team a few times. Hopefully our team decides to go div 1 instead of div 2 this year. You playin with Dave D again this summer?

Shaolin
02-14-2005, 08:49 AM
yep delicate dave or didi.. he's a good guy. what team do you play for?

Kirbs17
02-14-2005, 09:22 AM
Last year it was Airdrie U-18 and the GMHS team. This is gonna be the first crack at mens soccer for me

Kirbs17
02-14-2005, 09:22 AM
Oh, and I know Dave through Regency Irrigation (summer job). He was on my crew for about a month.

Barking_Spidre
02-14-2005, 09:27 AM
Awww no goalies? That's the only position I play! :tongue:

Shaolin
02-14-2005, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Kirbs17
Oh, and I know Dave through Regency Irrigation (summer job). He was on my crew for about a month.

Oh nice, what team are you going to be playing for this year?

Kirbs17
02-16-2005, 01:35 PM
The airdrie mens team I think. The RDC team wants me to come and play for an affiliate team to see if I can make it into their college team (yea right) but I cant really quit my summer job that ive been at for 3 years. My Bros on some calgary team, i have NO idea what team it is though, I might be SOL though cause I think registration has passed. Whens the latest to sign up for the vipers?

Shaolin
02-16-2005, 01:42 PM
well outdoor hasn't started yet, but indoor is over in 2 weeks.. Tryouts will be in March and probably April.. get in touch with Delicate Dave if you still talk to him (if you do talk to him, DO NOT CALL HIM DELICATE DAVE, HE HATES IT) :D, or PM me and I can give you contacts for the Div 1 and Div 4 team.

So you'll be playing for the Spurs then I take it? they were in our division last outdoor. Beat them once and lost to them once. They're a pretty good team, not doing too bad in Div 2 this year either.

Kirbs17
02-16-2005, 01:53 PM
To be honest Id rather play for a calgary team, Im sick and tired of Airdries political bullshit in soccer. Im sure you get it too, but its time for a scenery change. I ran into the goalie off the Spurs, and he said something about entering div 4 this year in outdoor. Dont know what div you and DD play for.

Shaolin
02-16-2005, 02:04 PM
yeah politics is great isn't it? You guys have it out in Airdrie, imagine what it's like when you have 4 teams to deal with. You go to a board of directors meeting and yeah.. lots of fun.. Some vendetta between lower team and top team players due to the fact that some of the original founding members of the team got bumped down.

DD plays Div 1, I play on the both teams. I play Div 4 in the regular season and I play on the Div 1 team when we go to Kamloops for the tournament. I tore my knee last August in Kamloops so I'm just assistant coach for the Div 4 team right now.

But yeah, if you're interested in trying out for the outdoor season, shoot me a PM or get a hold of Dave..

EDIT: Also, thought you might want to know.. Div 1's politics and Div 4's politics is different. In Div 1, the coach manages the team like it's a real professional club, so showing up doesn't mean you get to play. It's matter of form as well. We had 3 guys leave the team last year because they only got 10-15 minutes of game time per game.

One was a natural mid/striker but had to play sweeper because no one else could, they were going to bring in an old sweeper but no one on the team wanted the old sweeper back. Another one was a Defender who ran into rough form for a few games, and the last one the coach just thought wasn't good enough anymore so he didn't play the last few games.

One played with one of the founders of the team since they were kids. Now they don't talk after 20 years of friendship, and the founder wasn't even involved, it was the coach's decision.

So yeah, that's why I play for both teams but am a regular on the Div 4 team. I do this for fun and don't need the politics.

Kirbs17
02-16-2005, 02:12 PM
You've Got PM