PDA

View Full Version : Issues :(

Khalil
02-13-2005, 04:04 PM
Whassup fellaz..

So I have this little problem...
My car key broke...
INSIDE the ignition..

Now..first off....for when I'm looking for this part..
is that whats its called? the 'ignition'? or 'ignotion lock' or..?
If you could help me out there :p

Also...do you think a locksmith would be able to aid in this situation?

If not..where do you suggest would be a good place to go abouts getting this resolved? be it getting the part of the key out..or a new ignition..?

anyone know an estimated price range..?

Thx alot..

btw...its a 1990 corolla..

thx
-Khalil

djayz
02-13-2005, 04:07 PM
how much of its broken off inside the ignition? if you can grab it with a set of pliers you might save yourself a lot of hassle...
if you cant then might want to head down to the junkyard and start looking for some 90 corrolas

GTS Jeff
02-13-2005, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by djayz
how much of its broken off inside the ignition? if you can grab it with a set of pliers you might save yourself a lot of hassle...
if you cant then might want to head down to the junkyard and start looking for some 90 corrolas junkyard wont help unless he can find keys for the ignition

if u cant get the key out, ull need to buy all new lock cylinders and shizzam from the dealer, which is super expensive.

ninspeed
02-13-2005, 06:24 PM
You can pull the IGN CYL out, and open it up... be very careful when removing the pins.. keep them in order.. if you pull the cyl out, you can take it to a dealership and get the parts dept to see if they can fix it

Zero102
02-14-2005, 06:21 AM
Any decent locksmith should be able to extract your key. If they come out to fix it, expect a bigger bill than if you take it in (obviously). Are you still able to start/drive the car?

Khalil
02-14-2005, 09:23 PM
Thx guys..

all fixed :D

Zero102:
No I couldnt start it :|
It was pretty bad..

But yup I did take toa locksmith..

He wanted two bills to take it out!!

So i took out the ignition lock

(HELLA task :p)

and took it in to him..
135 to get out the key..

Thx for the help guys

Zero102
02-15-2005, 11:03 AM
Wow, I thought it would be in the low $100 range if he came out. They're getting more expensive since the last time I called a locksmith!