PDA

View Full Version : are beef balls and chicken balls real meat?

Gadgetboy
02-13-2005, 04:58 PM
As in is there any protein content in those? Like the beef balls that are in pho and stuff.

Ben
02-13-2005, 05:00 PM
absolutly. By no means the purest and leanest form, but there is Protien in it.

RiceCube
02-13-2005, 06:10 PM
^^^ that bout sums it up

Dope Dealer
02-13-2005, 06:20 PM
It's real meat. When I worked at a place that dealed with meat like this, I couldn't eat any meat a week haah

Chim
02-13-2005, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Dope Dealer
It's real meat. When I worked at a place that dealed with meat like this, I couldn't eat any meat a week haah

Was that because it was unsanitary or because you just got sick of dealing with meat?

Dope Dealer
02-14-2005, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Chim

Was that because it was unsanitary or because you just got sick of dealing with meat?

No, it wasn't unsanitary. But you smell it all day long and it just gets to the point where you dont want to see beef ever again. The stuff we made was 85% trim beef and then chicken that was from Lily Dale but it was pink. The beef was pretty pure, but the chicken was questionable... It was pink and when you cook it, it looks like ground beef. I always thought chicken was white? :D

joseph
02-14-2005, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Dope Dealer

It was pink and when you cook it, it looks like ground beef. I always thought chicken was white? :D

It doesn't turn white till it's cooked:thumbsup: ....don't know about the ground beef part though:dunno:

Dope Dealer
02-14-2005, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by joseph

It doesn't turn white till it's cooked:thumbsup: ....don't know about the ground beef part though:dunno:

Yeah, I know. But I'm just saying it isnt the purest form since it is a real light brown once its cooked. Just a bit lighter than browned ground beef.