PDA

View Full Version : Mini just hammered a C5!

Redlyne_mr2
06-20-2002, 02:26 PM
I was cruising up Gaetz with my windows down a few evenings ago and I could hear a car just giving her but it still sounded like it was far away. About 30 seconds later I arrive at the light, it's red, in front of me is a mini and in front to the right is a white c5, the mini starts revving his ride and it's sooo loud I can literally feel the noise n my chest. The lights are about to turn green and the corvette and the mini are evving up. Lights green there both off..I was in my super civic so I had no fuckign chance I was jus ttrying to smehwat keep up so I could see who was goind to win. I think the Vette made it into the beginning of 3rd gear and the shut it down but believe it or not the mini was about a car , car and a half ahead of him, I couldnt believe it. I dont know what kind of engine was in the car, I know it didnt have an exhaust system at all and when I pulled up next to the lights to give him the thumbs up, I saw that he even had a passenger with him. His front seat was removed and his girlfriend was sittign in the back...the vette driver wouldn't even look over...it was fucking classic. If anyone of you guys knows this mini dude give him a mad 2 thumbs up from Redlyne_mr2:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

bol
06-20-2002, 02:46 PM
Was it a purple wagon? heh

MrX
06-20-2002, 04:57 PM
if it was red, and the old style mini, I have run into him before. Asked how much the restoration was and got a simple answer:

"Too damn much!"

Fluidic
06-20-2002, 05:22 PM
Was it one of those NEW Mini's.... hmmmm

Peter

todaB18c5
06-26-2002, 07:34 PM
i wanna know what kind of mini it was.... the new mini is sweet...

ummmm mini...

redline
06-26-2002, 08:44 PM
:bullshit: :bullshit:

Redlyne_mr2
06-27-2002, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by redline
:bullshit: :bullshit:
wtf...why would I bs somethign like this?? it was an old one louder than hell...that's about all I can tell you.
Have you guys seen that mini in Alberta with the b16a in it, I bet that things pretty fast

Weapon_R
06-27-2002, 09:57 AM
Most likely cause the C5 wasn't racing.

Redlyne_mr2
06-27-2002, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Most likely cuz the C5 wasn't racing. To keep up to a vette, the mini would need to be HEAVILY modified, and it probably wouldn't be street legal after. Besides, where would u get an engine swap to fit in a mini if that was what was done to it??
dude I know when someones racign and when they're not..don't worry this mini was heavily modified...whatever he had in there was working for him

MrX
06-27-2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

dude I know when someones racign and when they're not..don't worry this mini was heavily modified...whatever he had in there was working for him

I spoke to a guy who knows of the specs of that mini. Apparently there should be a ITR Turbo engine under the hood in that thing. Explains why it's so damn fast eh:thumbsup:

GothicSmurf
07-03-2002, 11:56 PM
yeah, ive heard rummors that there's a twin carb, turbo charged old school mini kickin around this city, it's one of those guys who has more money then brains, wants to see what he can do w/ a mini, only reason i know this is that my shop teacher knows the guy, the guys owns atleast two older minis

4wheeldrift
07-05-2002, 08:03 PM
Nothing wrong with doing up old (or new for that matter) minis. Especially the older ones. There's a reason the Monte Carlo rally was won by one. Lets see, you've got a 1600lb car that with a little work to the stock motors can make 200hp very easily, in a fairly mild tune at that. They handle and stop incredibly well to boot.

Evan
07-05-2002, 09:30 PM
The Mini's are basically a casket on wheels. If you crash one of those, your toast.

MrX
07-05-2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Evan
The Mini's are basically a casket on wheels. If you crash one of those, your toast.

not really. the older minis yes, just because they don't have the safety features like our current cars. But the later model (old style) minis were built with reinforced side impact beams etc...to meat current safety standards and are much safer.