PDA

View Full Version : wat spyware is this?? i cant get rid of it!

Stratus_Power
02-14-2005, 12:00 AM
I've recently gotten this spyware/adware it seems. everytime I open IE it goes to thsi page. I tried changing the default loading page to something and it still alway goes to this.

IE also goes to this page whenever I go into hotmail whethere is via MSN or www.hotmail.com ( after i enter my user/pw)

anyone have any idea wat spyware is this? I tried spybot S&D and Adware and still no luck getting rid of it.

here's a screenshot of the "search" page.. dont know why the rez is so low

core_upt
02-14-2005, 12:36 AM
Try a program called Hijack This

Worked for me when Search and Destroy and AdAware didn't do anything.

Also, switch to Mozilla Firfox, you will have WAAAAAAAAAAAAY less problems.

Check out this forum for all kinds of tips:
http://www.sysopt.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=161404

It makes it fairly easy to understand for people like myself who aren't computer nerds.

Stratus_Power
02-14-2005, 12:45 AM
i tried again w/ Spybot S&D , adware and the new Microsoft spyware program and still no luck. I ran the hiJack this program and it actually detected a one browser hijack program which i think is it.. but it wont remove it unless i register the program = $$$$$

any other way to get around this?

Godfuader
02-14-2005, 01:37 AM
I got the exact same problem!! someone wanna give some ideas other than formatting the hard drive?

Phats
02-14-2005, 01:45 AM
I think I have seen something similar to this, check in your add/remove programs application and see if you see a program called search bar or web search, if you do remove it.

abc1
02-14-2005, 11:30 AM
Spybot should do the trick. Try this with spybot. Open it up and click on the "Tool" tab on the left side. Click on "IE Tweaks". Look for something that says "Lock Host file read-only...." and check it. Hope that helps.

ricosuave
02-14-2005, 04:41 PM
did you run those programs in safe mode? you should.

rico