PDA

View Full Version : WTB: External Hard Drive

Speed_69
02-14-2005, 12:05 AM
Not really looking for anything big, just something to backup all my files onto and then reformat my comp.

just pm me or post what you have and asking price.

GoChris
02-14-2005, 12:12 AM
buy a regular drive and a usb/firewire enclosure, probably cheaper than a true external drive.

Canaduh
02-14-2005, 12:18 AM
unless you are on a laptop, why not just buy a second internal drive and put everything on it while you format the c: ?? it is cheaper to go that way then to go external:dunno:

Speed_69
02-14-2005, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by rlde.us
buy a regular drive and a usb/firewire enclosure, probably cheaper than a true external drive.
i'm not exactly a computer whiz so what's a usb/firewire enclosure? where can i buy one of these?..i just want something that i can copy all my video, music and document files onto, then reformat my computer and then move all the files back onto the computer internal hard drive.i could burn all the files onto cd-rw's but that's too much time. i have like 15gb's of music and 5gb's of videos and documents to move.

Speed_69
02-14-2005, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Canaduh
unless you are on a laptop, why not just buy a second internal drive and put everything on it while you format the c: ?? it is cheaper to go that way then to go external:dunno:

i have a hewlett packard computer. when i use the recovery disks, doesn't it format all of my hard drives? i just want to get rid or all the spyware and trojans on my comp. it has major lag right now and can barely open up even 4 window/programs.