PDA

View Full Version : Volkswagen Maintenance Schedule

hockeybronx
02-14-2005, 01:39 PM
Here is a link to my cars maintenance schedule on Volkswagens website:

http://www.vw.ca/SP/ca/MaintSchedule/0,2463,46,00.html

I noticed it didn't say anything about suspension. So for anyone who owns a Volkswagen do you know an approximate milage when the suspension needs to be replaced, checked, or serviced.

Also are there any other services that should be performed and aren't included on this schedule.

Please don't post if all you are going to say is "why don't you call the dealer and ask", because I am in the process of doing so, I just wanted to see what info I could get off of Beyond.

CalgaryB5
02-14-2005, 02:03 PM
Suspension is considered wear and tear item. If and only if your shocks blown within the warranty period they will replace them for you if not then you are on your own. It is more or less how you drive your car and the road. For OEM MK4 strut/shock it is notorious for premature wear because of the cheap parts they used. VW has been keeping quiet on many things that go wrong.

For your 2.0L is relatively easy to service and simple. Just follow the schedule should be fine.

hockeybronx
02-14-2005, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by CalgaryB5
Suspension is considered wear and tear item. If and only if your shocks blown within the warranty period they will replace them for you if not then you are on your own. It is more or less how you drive your car and the road. For OEM MK4 strut/shock it is notorious for premature wear because of the cheap parts they used. VW has been keeping quiet on many things that go wrong.

For your 2.0L is relatively easy to service and simple. Just follow the schedule should be fine.

Okay thanks, I was just seeing if anybody knows of an approximate milage for the average driver... I'll check with the dealership to find out for sure.

ricosuave
02-14-2005, 05:40 PM
dont do that - check on clubveedub.com, or vwvortex.com.

be very wary of the dealer, i bet you get 3 different answers!

rico