PDA

View Full Version : Another Conversion question haha

CryoCarnage
02-14-2005, 08:45 PM
Yeah im sory bout all of these conversion questions but i have a lot of number punching ideas. K here goes. How hard woudl it be to turn a 91 corolla into a RWD or hell even AWD. Would the parts be hard to find? Would there be a point to it. Hope not to get flames for these conversion questions. I hate to post so many but then again...:rolleyes:

BlueGoblin
02-14-2005, 09:10 PM
It would not be worth the money to do so. You can do anything with a boatload of cash, but why? This isn't a flame; When you haven't done a lot of mechanical work yourself, it can be difficult to imagine the scope of such operations. If you really want an awd 91 Corolla, it would be way less costly and more effective to fit the body panels of said Corolla onto an awd Celica.

I remember quite a few years ago seeing in a Road & Track from the lte 70's a story about a guy who really really wanted a rwd 150 mph VW rabbit, and built one. The way he did it was by welding the stretched and widened body panels of a rabbit onto a Porsche 928 chassis.

At the end of the day, you will be far, far better off buying what you want and tweaking it before you try to frankenstein one thing into another.

You cannot polish a turd.

calgarys13
02-14-2005, 09:26 PM
first question is how old are you?

CryoCarnage
02-14-2005, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by calgarys13
first question is how old are you?
Why the fuck you want to know? Are you picking up a child? Cause if you are then that makes you a pdeifile and ill be damned to be lectured by a prevert. hahaha j/k i dont like giing pers info out.

brandon
02-14-2005, 09:35 PM
i vote he's 14!