PDA

View Full Version : Which Car To Buy!!!!

jliu89
02-15-2005, 10:32 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to decide between these two cars:

1. 2005 Acura RSX premium
2. 2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS sport.

What would you get?

Thanks!

heavyD
02-15-2005, 10:44 AM
They are both pretty comparable in those trims. Drive both and choose the one that's handling (AWD is nice) & looks serves you better.

I would move up and take an RSX Type S or WRX because you will get better resale value in the long run but that may not fit your monthly payment plan.

QuasarCav
02-15-2005, 10:52 AM
You could buy 02-03 versions of the higher models. That way the person who originally owned them took the big depreciation hit and you will get a better car for cheaper.

I think a 02 type-S is under 25K and a WRX is around the same.

*|Need Speed|*
02-15-2005, 12:09 PM
the Acura RSX

statick
02-15-2005, 01:00 PM
subaru impreza IMO. awd is awsome:thumbsup: . if u were guna buy a lil bit older used model go for wrx.

good luck with purchase, let us kno how it goes.

jliu89
02-15-2005, 03:09 PM
:confused:

So confused.......thanks for the input though!

Jonathan.

SteveMo600
02-15-2005, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by jliu89
:confused:

So confused.......thanks for the input though!

Jonathan.

I think what they're trying to say is. Either buy a car that's a couple years older and step up to the Type S or WRX, or try to get some more cash and buy a new Type S or WRX.

Just a couple more options depending on your price range.

Between those two cars I would get the 2.5RS.

A790
02-15-2005, 04:41 PM
If you're gonna buy a new car, get the RSX Type-S. The 2.5RS doesn't have the aftermarket the RSX does.

mjyuen
02-16-2005, 08:18 PM
Dude, I went through the same thing literally before Christmas. Narrowed my choices down to the exact same two cars that you highlighted. I ended up going Subaru because:
1. The AWD makes a huge friggin' difference - particularly in heavy snow.
2. The price was better (not by much - but it was a factor for me)
3. I thought it had more power than the RSX
4. I thought the visibility on the RSX was terrible (I have to parallel park a lot and didn't found it a bit frustrating on the RSX hatchback)
5. Insurance was waaaay cheaper for me (via Meloche Monnex).

Like other people said, don't let me sway you. Take a test drive of each car. Don't just take one either (I took 4 test drives in each car - because I wanted to see how it handled in rain, heavy snow and normal conditions). I also took my girlfriend along to each of the test drives and had her try it (since I didn't want my bias to sway my decision to the wrong car).

Good luck and let me know how it goes!

mjyuen
02-16-2005, 08:21 PM
Oh yeah, forgot to mention. During my test drive of the RSX. I had a 360 spin out on a backroad by Silverhill during Christmas no less. Thank god I didn't hit anyone or anything. Took the same route with the Subaru and felt very controlled.

Salesmen should never let me drive alone.

jliu89
02-17-2005, 11:18 AM
:)

Well I'm not confused anymore.......I went with the Acura RSX Premium. Its the fit and finish, and the styling that did it for me!

Thanks for all your ' support ' ! This is a great forum....

Jon.

See you on the road!

A790
02-17-2005, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by jliu89
:)

Well I'm not confused anymore.......I went with the Acura RSX Premium. Its the fit and finish, and the styling that did it for me!

Thanks for all your ' support ' ! This is a great forum....

Jon.

See you on the road!

Good car, with a nice perky little engine :)