PDA

View Full Version : Boxster with ... a .... ski rack?

4wheeldrift
12-22-2002, 08:06 AM
First time I'd seen something like this for a convertible, was kind of cool. Had a metal frame that attached to the A pillar and just behind the door with the same shape as the window so you still open the door, then the box sitting on top of it. Never seen anything quite like it before.

calarina
12-22-2002, 09:42 PM
LOL! I saw a yellow Porsche Boxster the other day at Canadian Tire when I was dropping off my car to get it fixed, with a ski box on top :D Who wants to drive their Porsche up a mountain where you're suceptible to rock chips?! :confused:

ecstasyracer
12-22-2002, 10:02 PM
I wish i had a winter beater like that:drool:

davidI
12-22-2002, 10:37 PM
I think that's wicked. What could I possibly love more than skiing and racing around in a Porsche?

that sounds like a yummy trip to the ski hill to me. If the roads are clean and dry I'd guess an hour to sunshine??? :D

ecstasy_civic
12-23-2002, 12:32 AM
ya i have and article in my car and driver from a few years ago and a ski rack is an option, like 600-1000 bucks depending on matching body color:thumbsup:

redline_13000
12-23-2002, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by calarina
LOL! I saw a yellow Porsche Boxster the other day at Canadian Tire when I was dropping off my car to get it fixed, with a ski box on top :D Who wants to drive their Porsche up a mountain where you're suceptible to rock chips?! :confused:

hahah why not man? i was watching a show on tv(cant remember long time ago) where a porche (911 i think) went against a ford explorer offroading..the porche kept going where the ford got stuck:banghead: ..great awd system:drool:

4wheeldrift
12-23-2002, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by redline_13000

hahah why not man? i was watching a show on tv(cant remember long time ago) where a porche (911 i think) went against a ford explorer offroading..the porche kept going where the ford got stuck:banghead: ..great awd system:drool: Back in the group B days, porsche used to rally the 959. I'd just never seen a ski rack like this before, though it was pretty cool. Didn't know they offered such a thing.

|SpEncaA|
01-02-2003, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
First time I'd seen something like this for a convertible, was kind of cool. Had a metal frame that attached to the A pillar and just behind the door with the same shape as the window so you still open the door, then the box sitting on top of it. Never seen anything quite like it before.

Man i work at a car wash in crow foot (big bucket ) and man..a silver boxter came in with a ski rack and he did the shityess job of washin his ride..but anyways wat a waste of a porshe:dunno:

Ralliart
01-02-2003, 01:14 PM
Last Year we saw an s2000 at fortress after a good dump, most guys where having trouble getting up the last section (really slicked up) but the s2k was parked way up at the top. I never saw what kind of tires he had on but anyone who has gone to fortress knows how bad that road can get, and how many people get there car stuck.

I saw the same thing on another/same boxter at MEC no hardtop, just a bar from the a-pillar that followed the shape of the roof that attached where the bottom of the c-pillar should be on both sides of the car. Then it had the usuall cross bars and a hard big ski box attacthed to it.

It seemed cool but I dont think you could drop the top with it on.

SilverStreak
01-02-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Ralliart
Last Year we saw an s2000 at fortress after a good dump, most guys where having trouble getting up the last section (really slicked up) but the s2k was parked way up at the top. I never saw what kind of tires he had on but anyone who has gone to fortress knows how bad that road can get, and how many people get there car stuck.

I saw the same thing on another/same boxter at MEC no hardtop, just a bar from the a-pillar that followed the shape of the roof that attached where the bottom of the c-pillar should be on both sides of the car. Then it had the usuall cross bars and a hard big ski box attacthed to it.

It seemed cool but I dont think you could drop the top with it on.

With the right tires S2000s can out drag SUVs in snow and ice :D

LowRiderHD2000
01-03-2003, 12:15 PM
The Ski Rack Boxster was out at Fernie this weekend.

Joe Malms
01-03-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by SilverStreak

With the right tires S2000s can out drag SUVs in snow and ice :D

no need to start in 2nd gear to get going in those torqueless wonders.
haha