PDA

View Full Version : Bobsleigh world championships

calgarygts
02-16-2005, 03:41 PM
The FIBT Bobsleigh and Skeleton world championships are in Calgary this year, at Canada Olympic Park. The two man race for men's bobsleigh is this friday and saturday at 6pm and the four man race in next weekend (feb. 26 and 27) at 9am saturday and sunday. You should come out and cheer on team canada, who has a very solid chance at medalling in both events, quite possibly gold!!!

2.4l
02-17-2005, 12:16 AM
there was a bunch of euro bobsled pros working out at u of c the other day.. what a bunch of beasts those guys were absolutley huge making anyone who works out there look so pussy.. theyre easy to spot since they are all huge, and they wear the same spandex pants as all the chicks:rofl:

calgarygts
02-18-2005, 10:31 AM
6pm tonight, this is the biggest race calgary will ever have again (next to the 88 olympics).

grocko
02-18-2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by 2.4l
there was a bunch of euro bobsled pros working out at u of c the other day.. what a bunch of beasts those guys were absolutley huge making anyone who works out there look so pussy.. theyre easy to spot since they are all huge, and they wear the same spandex pants as all the chicks:rofl:

:werd: I train there too for the Varsity Track team....almost hit one of those American bastards tonight coming around the corner....anyways..GO Leuders/Canada!!!

Marsh
02-19-2005, 04:53 PM
Those mofos at U of C were huge...damn germans were fricking jumping as high as my head(6 feet)....i hope canada can take those guys out

A_3
02-19-2005, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by 2.4l

Haha I was so discouraged when I went on leg press after one of the massive German dudes and it was set to it's max of 400 pounds with 10 pounds of extra weight on top. :eek:

Roaring G60
02-19-2005, 11:10 PM
Boobsleigh is a wankers sport!!! It takes no particular talent other than running fast!!!

calgarygts
02-21-2005, 11:07 PM
Are you kidding me? Why don't you try driving the sled down the hill. It takes all the finesse and feeling in the world to get that sled on the right lines.
Anyways....Leuders and Brown won gold last saturday after four runs for the two man championships!! They dominated the event to bring gold to Canada! Saturday and sunday are the four man heats at 9am if anyone is interested. Maybe roaring G60 can come out and see just how 'easy' it would be.

2.4l
02-22-2005, 01:53 AM
whatever,.. maybe i wasnt as huge as them but through thier aritza pants they had tiny german shnietzels.. enough said.. iam smaller=but bigger.. ahahaha

Roaring G60
03-01-2005, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by calgarygts
Are you kidding me? Why don't you try driving the sled down the hill. It takes all the finesse and feeling in the world to get that sled on the right lines.
Anyways....Leuders and Brown won gold last saturday after four runs for the two man championships!! They dominated the event to bring gold to Canada! Saturday and sunday are the four man heats at 9am if anyone is interested. Maybe roaring G60 can come out and see just how 'easy' it would be.

What is your PB from the top?? BTW does the "right line" include smashing the crap outta the short wall on the exit of the big circle corner (#9, i think)??

fast95pony
03-04-2005, 01:58 AM
I watched the 2 man finals at C.O.P .
I was amazed at the speed ! I have a new respect for the sport.
Very cool !! :thumbsup:

calgarygts
03-11-2005, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Roaring G60

What is your PB from the top?? BTW does the "right line" include smashing the crap outta the short wall on the exit of the big circle corner (#9, i think)??

My PB from the top is 55.39. And you should not touch the wall anywhere on the Calgary track, slows you down.