PDA

View Full Version : jeep liberty

Hipermax_d
12-22-2002, 01:00 PM
last night i was at a friends house and his mom has bought a new jeep liberty. the outside needs time to get used to but overall its not a bad car.
the gauges are white with the reverse indiglo gauges.
but the part that impressed me the most is the speed that suv does. its a standard and the car really pulls. 120 comes and goes pretty quick.

mwmhong
12-22-2002, 05:23 PM
My aunt has one, VERY NICE.
Interior is very solid and beautiful (brushed aluminum), and the V6 accelerates very well.

That commercial with the Jeep Liberty slowly crawling up the Statue of Liberty with Enrique Iglesias singing "I can be your hero baby...." = GAY

ninspeed
12-22-2002, 10:18 PM
dont try to take a turn above 30... flip really easliy.. 2 magazines had them flip during their testing period :D

Stratus_Power
12-22-2002, 10:44 PM
that car seems pretty good especially for its price..

FiveFreshFish
12-22-2002, 11:57 PM
It's also less stable due to its short wheelbase compared with a regular SUV. Really easy to drive and park because it is so short in length.

theken
12-23-2002, 12:01 AM
I thik they are the most distgusting things ever made, they look like ass :thumbsdow my opinion

4wheeldrift
12-23-2002, 07:36 AM
A friend of mine has one and they quite like it. Having driven it, it seems to ride fairly nicely and handles decent, though there is a lot of body roll. Gas mileage is horrible for such a small motor though.

HRD2PLZ
12-23-2002, 09:12 AM
From what I have seen they are okay. Much nicer than the severely outdated Cherokee they replaced... But not something I would consider buying.

5.9 R/T
12-24-2002, 02:38 AM
I miss the Cherokee. I had the pleasure of owning one and I wish I never sold it. What a great vehicle that was, pig on gas tho.

Originally posted by ninspeed
dont try to take a turn above 30... flip really easliy.. 2 magazines had them flip during their testing period :D

I never heard about this, what mags were they? I remember when there was that rumor that the company that does all the insurance testing on vehicles in the states rolled a couple, that turned out to be false, but because of all the bad media attention DC lowered the ride hight ~1.5 inches or so. I've never heard of any mags, or other testers rolling them tho...

Dope Dealer
12-24-2002, 02:53 AM
"DETROIT, Nov. 26 (UPI) -- AutoWeek magazine says a 2002 Jeep Liberty was "bent on almost every body panel" when it rolled over during a severe emergency handling maneuver in a driving test last month.

DaimlerChrysler Corp., which debuted the new sport-utility vehicle in June, said the test was inappropriate for an SUV.

AutoWeek, published by Detroit-based Crain Communications Inc., said in Monday's edition an engineer was driving the rear-wheel-drive, 3.7-liter Jeep Liberty Sport at about 40 mph on Oct. 18 around eight traffic cones on a 490-foot slalom in a parking lot at California Speedway.

The Jeep was rounding the seventh cone when the Liberty's driver-side wheels lifted off the pavement. The vehicle rolled over twice on the driver side as it rounded the final cone, the magazine said.

The cones are placed 70 feet apart in the slalom, which is a test of maneuverability not rollover avoidance, and requires hard braking and hard steering.

"Our slalom was not designed to induce a rollover, or even test for one," said Natalie Neff, test editor in a story on the magazine's Web site, autoweek.com. "Its aim is to evaluate handling characteristics, especially in transitions. Typically, we find the limit when we hit a cone or spin out. We didn't set out to roll the Jeep."

AutoWeek said the Liberty was the first vehicle ever to rollover in nine years it has performed the test. DaimlerChrysler said it has not had any reports of Libertys rolling over and had found the vehicle safe in its own tests. AutoWeek said an accident investigator hired by Chrysler blamed the rollover on a combination of rough pavement and aggressive driving.

"The incident demonstrates yet again that SUVs handle differently than do cars at the limits," said AutoWeek executive editor Kevin Wilson. "It makes us nervous to see such SUVs driven as they typically are, like normal compact cars."

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration gave the Jeep Liberty two stars in its latest rollover resistance ratings, meaning it has a 30- to 40 percent chance of rolling in a single-car accident.

A rating of two or three stars is typical for an SUV in the government's ratings. The rollover ratings are based on a formula that uses the vehicle's center of gravity and the width of its track -- not on dynamic tests.

The minivan-based Pontiac Aztek 4x4 was the only SUV to earn four of a possible five stars from NHTSA."

redline_13000
12-24-2002, 05:19 AM
my friends sis had one of those...i raced it a raped it:D ..dont like the liberty at all:thumbsdow