PDA

View Full Version : shaving

Jerms
02-16-2005, 08:04 PM
hey,

where is a good professional place that you can recommend that does a good job shaving decals off your car?? most likely stick on stock decals..

and how much would it cost??

your input would be appreciated

JordanLotoski
02-16-2005, 08:08 PM
i charge 300 per decal...leave it with me for an hour:D

dood get out a hair dryer

and of your talking about emblems, they pop right off, i just need a decent body guy to full the holes and repaint.

Weapon_R
02-16-2005, 08:16 PM
You can remove decals (stickers) by heating the area with a heat gun/blow dryer, peeling the decal, and removing the excess with Goo Gone.

cman
02-16-2005, 08:29 PM
if the decals are thicker and "stick out", like on my POS, use heat and fishing line.
simply heat it with blowdryer, then slide fishing line underneath and move it along gently until it comes off.
then like weapon_r said, use goo gone or a similar product.

hockeybronx
02-17-2005, 01:52 AM
Depending on what you drive it can be pretty simple. For Jettas apparently it just takes some time and some fishing line or tooth floss to take them off.

Jerms
02-17-2005, 09:23 PM
thanks for the input,

but im worried to do it myself, im just scared that i might screw up somehow

Delta
02-17-2005, 09:33 PM
I have pinstripes on the sides of my car would the same thing apply? Just hairdry it and whatnot? I've just been picking it off.

hockeybronx
02-17-2005, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Delta
I have pinstripes on the sides of my car would the same thing apply? Just hairdry it and whatnot? I've just been picking it off.

I had to do a project on a truck with pinstriping down both sides. We tried and tried, but the only way to get it off cleanly was with the good old grinder.

If you are planning on preserving your paint job then I have no idea what you can do, that was definetely not an option for my project.

DuPont
02-17-2005, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Delta

The older pinstripes get, the more brittle they are, and a hairdryer will work, but not as well as on new pinstripes. goo gone, or a similar solvent will loosen them up too. A razor blade works too, but is NOT reccomended for a newbie. An eraser wheel in a drill makes short work of old pinstripes too, but you run the risk of burning the paint if you suck at that kind of thing. :D