PDA

View Full Version : cbr600rr

CRX_Si
02-16-2005, 11:57 PM
im thinkin of getting a 04-05 honda cbr600rr, dont have much riding experience, im not a crazy rider, i like to stay the same speed as everyone else, so am i over-confident on this? :D i jumped on the bike a few days ago and it fits me well and feels really comfortable, this will be my first bike, anyone else started on this bike or know this bike? im also considering a ninja zx6r

Shaolin
02-17-2005, 12:23 AM
no.. i know people who ride 1100s and busas.. it's what you make of it.. you can kill yourself on a 250 if you try.

redevil
02-17-2005, 11:01 AM
if your looking for that as your first bike, maybe look for something used. I have one that you might be interested in, it is basically brand new. PM me!

Otherwise it is an ok bike to go with but....watch out, it can also bite you in the ass!

djstefan
02-17-2005, 12:06 PM
I have to agree with redevil. First bike should be used, you will drop it and most likely crash it your first year.

I have 2 of them for sale if you look at my signature. The 03 Gixxer is in mint condition and the Kawi needs a front fairing and a paint job since it has been laid down on the left side.

Those prices are good till April 1st, after that they will go up to 7500 and 7000$ since spring is coming.

USHER
02-17-2005, 01:58 PM
how many kms u have on the gsxr

djstefan
02-17-2005, 02:06 PM
17 000 only.

Look around at pricings. At 6500 it's a steal of a deal. If I could afford to keep it, I would. :banghead:

Primer_Drift
02-17-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by CRX_Si
im thinkin of getting a 04-05 honda cbr600rr, dont have much riding experience, im not a crazy rider, i like to stay the same speed as everyone else, so am i over-confident on this? :D i jumped on the bike a few days ago and it fits me well and feels really comfortable, this will be my first bike, anyone else started on this bike or know this bike? im also considering a ninja zx6r

LOL
Sounds like me a year ago, then I bought it. Its my first streetbike, but its amazing IMO. You won't be disappointed with the RR.

Importz
02-17-2005, 03:47 PM
04 Candy blue RR pm if inetrested

CRX_Si
02-17-2005, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Importz

candy blue? is that a custom paint?

TypeSly
02-19-2005, 03:31 PM

pm'd :)

jayq
03-27-2005, 12:26 PM
importz, empty your inbox I can't pm you.

Importz
03-27-2005, 01:47 PM
its cleared now what sup?

jayq
03-27-2005, 03:10 PM
pm'd regarding your blue cbr

CRX_Si
03-27-2005, 10:51 PM
this thread is officially jacked, where's my damn commission? :D

HillBilly
03-28-2005, 10:08 AM
for your first bike, get something that you plan to keep for a year or so. Get a little 600 so you learn the basics and not have endless torque on your hands. Within a year of owning a 600, you'll be ready for something a little bigger.

CRX_Si
03-28-2005, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Stealth R/T
for your first bike, get something that you plan to keep for a year or so. Get a little 600 so you learn the basics and not have endless torque on your hands. Within a year of owning a 600, you'll be ready for something a little bigger.

i am definitely getting a brand new 2005 cbr, within like a minute of riding this thing i was so damn comfortable with it and had tons of fun, so hell with the lil beginner bike, this bike just looked intimidating but once your on it, its nothin at all, but still takin it easy most of the time hehe

oh btw the biggest bike ill prolly hop on is a 750 im sure im gonna stick with 600s for a few years to come considering ill never max out the damn thing, and im staying away from 1000s all together

HillBilly
03-28-2005, 01:06 PM

i am definitely getting a brand new 2005 cbr, within like a minute of riding this thing i was so damn comfortable with it and had tons of fun, so hell with the lil beginner bike, this bike just looked intimidating but once your on it, its nothin at all, but still takin it easy most of the time hehe

oh btw the biggest bike ill prolly hop on is a 750 im sure im gonna stick with 600s for a few years to come considering ill never max out the damn thing, and im staying away from 1000s all together

I don't think I was clear... a 600 is VERY small. You will be bored with it in 3 months.... So don't tie yourself into a 3 or 4 year finance to get it. I was bored with a 900 in 4 months. Now I ride a lightly modded Hayabusa and its not enough now.....

CRX_Si
03-28-2005, 01:32 PM

I don't think I was clear... a 600 is VERY small. You will be bored with it in 3 months.... So don't tie yourself into a 3 or 4 year finance to get it. I was bored with a 900 in 4 months. Now I ride a lightly modded Hayabusa and its not enough now.....

oh come on, a 600 is not "VERY" small, you must be kidding, a 500 should be enough speed for everyone, its just getting bored with it, a 600 however is pretty damn fast, who needs to go over 250kph on the road anyways

HillBilly
03-28-2005, 01:41 PM

oh come on, a 600 is not "VERY" small, you must be kidding, a 500 should be enough speed for everyone, its just getting bored with it, a 600 however is pretty damn fast, who needs to go over 250kph on the road anyways

well me I guess..... No really a 600 is fun and is good to learn on.... but you WILL be bored with it when all your friends are blowing by you on their 1000's This is from experience...

Ask a few 600 owners out their what they think... the majority will tell you that they want a bigger bike.

but of course its up to you...... In a year from now we can revisit this thread and see what you think then.

SikAssR1
03-28-2005, 01:42 PM
Hey Stealth R/T....bigger is not always better for some people.

HillBilly
03-28-2005, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by SikAssR1
Hey Stealth R/T....bigger is not always better for some people.

true.... but I see you ride a 1000.... So obviously you are of the same opinion as I. Maybe not for the masses but for yourself.

CRX_Si
03-28-2005, 01:53 PM

well me I guess..... No really a 600 is fun and is good to learn on.... but you WILL be bored with it when all your friends are blowing by you on their 1000's This is from experience...

Ask a few 600 owners out their what they think... the majority will tell you that they want a bigger bike.

but of course its up to you...... In a year from now we can revisit this thread and see what you think then.

hey im not worried about being blown away by 1000's, i just ride for fun, not worrying about who's in 1st place :D and one of my friends only has a moped so i cant be the last one hehe, and being blown away by a rider in a 1000 isn't something to be embarrassed about as long as im liking the ride and loving the bike im coo coo.

HillBilly
03-28-2005, 02:02 PM
Well, I don't dispute getting a 600 for a first bike. Very good beginner bike. Honda is a good choice.... Lots of donor parts out there if you dump it.

I will admit... the Hayabusa is a bit of a "penis bike" The one thing I have noticed is that when we (a big bunch of us) roll up somewhere, nobody is asking, "who's got the 600... its sweet" its always the big bikes.:bigpimp: bit of a pimp factor there.

Good luck riding and don't push beyond your limits. Be vary afraid of the top third of your tach for at least a month.:thumbsup:

SOAB
03-28-2005, 02:37 PM
straight line speed is sooo fun!!!! :thumbsdow

HillBilly
03-28-2005, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by SOAB
straight line speed is sooo fun!!!! :thumbsdow

I prefer high speeds to cutting corners.

Nothing beats 200km/h over the posted speed limit:thumbsup:

Phy
03-28-2005, 03:56 PM
You should talk to some of the law zealots elsewhere on the board, Stealth. See how well that goes over. :D

To CRX_Si - all bigdickery aside, a CBR is an out-of-the-box racebike. A decent racer can yank off the mirrors, make a few track safety mods and race competitively. There's precious few cars available that will do the same - and in those, you're protected by big metal frames. If the CBRs and other 600s feel like they handle almost telepathically, it's because they were designed to do exactly that, for racing purposes. They also have other racebike characteristics, notably really strong brakes. (Ever gone over the bars on your pedal bike?)

That said, I'm not actually gonna tell you not to get one - if nothing smaller than 600cc will satisfy, then go for it, yo, and good luck. Spend a lot of time practising, and wear your gear.

TypeSly
03-30-2005, 01:04 PM
Stealth... listen to yourself idiot. You're suggesting litre bikes are appropriate for noobs :rolleyes:

HillBilly
03-30-2005, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by TypeSly
You're suggesting litre bikes are appropriate for noobs :rolleyes:

If you can control yourself...... why not. If you drive like a fucking retard, well then you will probably kill yourself on any size bike.

What I am saying is that in my experience, you get used to a bike and end up wanting more power.

When it comes to power... CBR 600 is about as low on the totem pole as sport bikes get. Its a good way to start, but in a few months, you will be complaining that it is too slow.

Importz
03-30-2005, 01:29 PM
all of a sudden i am getting alot of pm message for my bike...it has been sold already

HillBilly
03-30-2005, 01:39 PM
all of a sudden i am getting alot of pm message for my bike...it has been sold already

thats cuz its getting nice out:thumbsup:

TypeSly
03-30-2005, 02:01 PM

If you can control yourself...... why not. If you drive like a fucking retard, well then you will probably kill yourself on any size bike.

What I am saying is that in my experience, you get used to a bike and end up wanting more power.

When it comes to power... CBR 600 is about as low on the totem pole as sport bikes get. Its a good way to start, but in a few months, you will be complaining that it is too slow.

So you're saying that everyone who thinks they have self control (who is everyone) should just buy a litre bike? What about all the other factors, like weight, ease of use, throttle control and response is totally different on the bigger bikes.

A rider who masters his 600 would whoop u on your busa. I've never heard of any pro-rider that started on a 1000, or even a 600 for that matter. Maybe u got bored of your 600 and 900 because YOU are the one driving like a retard. For most people 0-100 in under 3 seconds and 250+ km/h top speed is pretty satisfying to start with.

HillBilly
03-30-2005, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by TypeSly
A rider who masters his 600 would whoop u on your busa. I've never heard of any pro-rider that started on a 1000, or even a 600 for that matter. Maybe u got bored of your 600 and 900 because YOU are the one driving like a retard. For most people 0-100 in under 3 seconds and 250+ km/h top speed is pretty satisfying to start with.

whatever you have to tell yourself to be happy with your little 600..

lilboykorea
03-31-2005, 06:40 PM
stealth lives in saskatchewan...
buddy why dont u come to the rockies and ride some true curves
considering you got bored of ur 900 so fast and HAD to get the busa, reason most people ride bikes i think is for the curves, cbr 600 will be plenty for a first bike, im on a 1000 and theres alot of difference, if this was my first bike id be toast, on a 600 ive never had a problem turning in rain, on the 1000 even if i dont try the rear end slips out and scares the shit out of me
stop suggesting larger bikes for a beginer

shakalaka
03-31-2005, 06:50 PM
would gsxr1000 be too big to start with?

CRX_Si
03-31-2005, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
would gsxr1000 be too big to start with?

yes it is

SikAssR1
03-31-2005, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by lilboykorea
stealth lives in saskatchewan...
buddy why dont u come to the rockies and ride some true curves
considering you got bored of ur 900 so fast and HAD to get the busa, reason most people ride bikes i think is for the curves, cbr 600 will be plenty for a first bike, im on a 1000 and theres alot of difference, if this was my first bike id be toast, on a 600 ive never had a problem turning in rain, on the 1000 even if i dont try the rear end slips out and scares the shit out of me
stop suggesting larger bikes for a beginer

Totally agreed....straight away on a bike is gay. I rather ride in the mountains then go straight any day.

groundpilot
03-31-2005, 11:35 PM
I know I'm dropping back down to the 600...
When I had my 1K I had lots of straightaway speed but I knew a couple guys on 600 that would eat me all based on cornering speed...

Don't let anyone tell you a 600 isn't enough... A talented rider on a 600 can eat a 1K...

HillBilly
04-01-2005, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by SikAssR1

Totally agreed....straight away on a bike is gay. I rather ride in the mountains then go straight any day.

opinions vary so much...... I am in it for the speed.

I hate corners on a bike. If I wanna corner, I will jump in my car.

I have actually never ridden in the mountains and I don't care too. Long straights are what makes me smile.

Sorry to have made any hard feelings here. I am happy to see more people getting on bikes (big or small). Cheers to that:thumbsup:

SOAB
04-01-2005, 11:38 AM
hahahaha!!! long straights!!!! LMAO!!!!!

a MONKEY can go fast in a straight line....

but whatever floats your boat!!

CRX_Si
04-01-2005, 12:26 PM
haha yeah i know, no wonder you get bored of your 900, cause you go on a friggin straight line!, im kinda of a beginner and i love taking corners, its what makes the ride fun

HillBilly
04-01-2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by SOAB
hahahaha!!! long straights!!!! LMAO!!!!!

a MONKEY can go fast in a straight line....

but whatever floats your boat!!

i'd like to see you hang on at 320km/h +

Primer_Drift
04-01-2005, 02:19 PM

opinions vary so much...... I am in it for the speed.

I have actually never ridden in the mountains and I don't care too. Long straights are what makes me smile.

Sorry to have made any hard feelings here. I am happy to see more people getting on bikes (big or small). Cheers to that:thumbsup:

No big surprise that where you live affects your riding style and preferences. I'd give riding in the mountains some more thought though, its a humbling experience to say the least.

HillBilly
04-01-2005, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Primer_Drift

No big surprise that where you live affects your riding style and preferences. I'd give riding in the mountains some more thought though, its a humbling experience to say the least.

the closest mountains to me are 500km away. The closest 10km straight stretch of highway is about 2 km.... so you see my dilema

Phy
04-01-2005, 02:32 PM

i'd like to see you hang on at 320km/h +

A monkey with his paws duct-taped to the handlebars?

But anyway, the 'Busa does look like a good bike for going straight fast. It's shaped like a damn bullet train.

Of course, at 320 km/h, you could be in the mountains in two hours... assuming you didn't catch any police, or get drilled by an unsuspecting bird...

HillBilly
04-01-2005, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Phy
But anyway, the 'Busa does look like a good bike for going straight fast. It's shaped like a damn bullet train.

A busa accelerates from 200km/h to 300km/h than anything I have ever read about or driven. It is unreal. but corner, it does not..

what a beautiful beast
http://www.suzuki.ca/en/bike/images/colour/gs13-clg1.JPG

SOAB
04-01-2005, 05:21 PM
give me a day with it at a track, i betcha i could drag knee with a busa...

method
04-02-2005, 01:18 PM
yeah if you guys think it's funny to do that kind of clip on a the street, you need to get your head checked.

public roads arent your race track. if you kill yourself then whoopty do, but if you injure someone else in the process? oh boy.

in*10*se
04-02-2005, 03:07 PM
i started w/ a 600... i'm happy, i could care less about the r1, or any liter bike... i'm happy w/ what i got...

learn on a 600

if u want more, then get a faster bike later on

don't start out an anything bigger than a 600... imo

groundpilot
04-02-2005, 11:32 PM
Dude... You ever riden a BUSA... It will corner as well as you can corner it...

lilboykorea
04-04-2005, 12:01 AM

your the first person ive heard say this... :confused:

CRX_Si
04-04-2005, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by lilboykorea

your the first person ive heard say this... :confused:

he's gotta be joking hahaha