PDA

View Full Version : What mods need to be done on US imports?

Jackboot
02-17-2005, 09:43 AM
Hi guys

I'm importing a 2003 M3 from the states right now.

As far as I can tell, nothing needs to be modified to meet RIV requirements once this is actually in Canada. Am I correct?

Perhaps a few of you guys who have imported E46's into Canada from the states can tell me what any required modifications were?

Thanks!

wjjeeper
02-17-2005, 10:10 AM
Jack your upgrading to an M?? :thumbsup:
The fanatics board has infuenced you to.....

EK 2.0
02-17-2005, 10:16 AM
not sure if your "dream ride" has them...

but all CDN Vehicles require Daytime Running Lights...

Jackboot
02-17-2005, 12:03 PM
Haha - yes, E46fanatics has lulled me in to get an M3:D

I've already specified that the buyer needs to get the dealer to activate the DRL as part of the sale.

Other than that...any other known modifications that need to be made?

bol
02-17-2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Jackboot

Other than that...any other known modifications that need to be made?

Call the RIV and ask but I am pretty sure your only requirement will be the DRL's. You may run into problems with the child seat teathers.

Jimmer
02-17-2005, 05:24 PM
Just wondering, why are u importing from the US? Are you buying from a dealer? Did you find the prices were that much better?

Phuqu
02-17-2005, 05:57 PM
Check www.riv.ca for more information.

I think DRL's, child tethers and bilingual airbag information stickers IIRC.

From www.riv.ca.

"...allows vehicles originally manufactured in compliance with US laws for the United States market to be imported
into Canada provided they comply at the time of main assembly with mandatory Canadian Motor Vehicle Safety
Standards (CMVSS) such as CMVSS 210 (seat belt anchorage). The new legislation makes it possible for the vehicle
to be modified in certain areas (bumpers, child restraint tether anchorages, daytime running lights and some
labeling requirements)."