PDA

View Full Version : Good place for tune ups

mike0989
02-17-2005, 11:39 AM
Hey I was wondering what are some good places to get my car tuned at?
I drive a 90 crx si
and going to a dealership is just too damn expensive.

Speed_69
02-17-2005, 12:01 PM
canadian tire...i got my whole one done up for $210.
(spark plugs, distributor cap & rotor, fuel filter, pcv valve, air filter and 26 point inspection) you just need to buy spark plug wires and replace those yourself.

heavyD
02-17-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Speed_69
canadian tire...i got my whole one done up for $210.
(spark plugs, distributor cap & rotor, fuel filter, pcv valve, air filter and 26 point inspection) you just need to buy spark plug wires and replace those yourself.

Not trying to be a dick but you could have done most of that in your garage for less than $100. The 26 point inspection is an excuse to charge you for them doing nothing as anyone can look under your car and tell you how your exhaust, suspension, joints, etc. look and then check fluid levels.

oddjob
02-17-2005, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Not trying to be a dick but you could have done most of that in your garage for less than $100. The 26 point inspection is an excuse to charge you for them doing nothing as anyone can look under your car and tell you how your exhaust, suspension, joints, etc. look and then check fluid levels.

:werd:

Its easy stuff. Some people are to pussy to do their damn oil changes.

frostyda9
02-17-2005, 10:02 PM
At home. A basic ratchet set w/an extension, a couple screwdrivers, a spark plug socket, and a manual are all you really need for minor tune up stuff. Seeing as you said the dealership is too expensive, you obviously care about what it will cost....and there is no cheaper way than to DIY.

vietdood
02-17-2005, 10:14 PM
just read your owners manual, it'll tell you how to do a basic tuneup.