PDA

View Full Version : WTB: ps/2 to usb converter

in*10*se
02-17-2005, 01:41 PM
anyone have one of these? that'd be great!!! please pm me w/ price and location to pick up

-R.

Projek01
02-17-2005, 03:17 PM
is there such thing? i dont think it is possible becasue usb needs a special controller chip. i suggest you get a pci card with usb. they are cheap at www.vfxweb.com or www.oemdepot.com
good luck

or are you talking about playstation 2? if so you are in the wrong section.

Greek Wizard
02-17-2005, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Projek01
is there such thing? i dont think it is possible becasue usb needs a special controller chip. i suggest you get a pci card with usb. they are cheap at www.vfxweb.com or www.oemdepot.com
good luck

or are you talking about playstation 2? if so you are in the wrong section.

You have no idea what you are talking about do you?

It's a small adapter (usually green from Logitech) that will allow you to plug in a USB mouse into it and then allowing you to plug that into a PS/2 port on a computer. There are also some of the opposite that allow PS/2 mice to plug into a USB port. Those are a little harder to find. Unsure exactly which one in*10*se is looking for, but they are/were quite popular and most people throw them away or throw them in a box and forget about them.

One of them:

http://www.llamatronics.com/comp/usb-ps2.jpg

Other one:

http://www.bytezone.com.au/images/USB_male_to_PS2_female_adapter.jpg

in*10*se I am the latter and had a bunch before I moved, but no idea where I got them now, but I will have a look. Which one exactly are you looking for (You have a PS/2 or USB mouse/keyboard?)

No promises though, I have alot of boxes packed from my move and not really looking to go through them all.

in*10*se
02-17-2005, 09:37 PM
i have a ps/2 keyboard... and i want to plug it into a usb port... i need the white one that you have... do you have it handy?

thx

-R.

moeman
02-17-2005, 09:56 PM
PM sent.

djayz
02-26-2005, 11:08 PM
i have a ps/2 to 9 pin convertor
its 5pins on the bottom and 4 pins on the top