PDA

View Full Version : what amp to go with audiobahn subs?

Troy
02-17-2005, 04:56 PM
I have 2 12" AW1206T's
http://www.cardomain.com/item/ABNAW1206T
what amp would you guys suggest I use with it? I know nothing about audio lol

spike98
02-17-2005, 05:11 PM
For those subs i would suggest powering them with a wall socket. But if you really want to use them i would suggest something around 1200W RMS at 1ohm. The power rating for those is 1100W RMS a peice LOL yea right! I would give them half that. A low cost amp that will put out clean power would be the JBL1200.1. Anything class d what will give you 1200w at 1ohm should be good. Then run all the + to the + on the amp and all the - to the - of the amp and call her a day.

BumpinTalon
02-17-2005, 05:48 PM
I say you sell the subs and get good ones. audiobahn is garbage. you could get more bass, and cleaner bass, from almost any other sub I can think of and you won't have to put up with Audiobahn's terrible reliability. get anything, Rockford Fosgate, Alpine, PHoenix Gold, elemental Designs, ANYTHING other then Audiobahn.

Phuqu
02-17-2005, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon
I say you sell the subs and get good ones. audiobahn is garbage. you could get more bass, and cleaner bass, from almost any other sub I can think of and you won't have to put up with Audiobahn's terrible reliability. get anything, Rockford Fosgate, Alpine, PHoenix Gold, elemental Designs, ANYTHING other then Audiobahn.

Tell us how you really feel.

Weapon_R
02-17-2005, 06:40 PM
Any amp will work. Audiobahn subs are some of the worst subs you can get (for the money you pay), so it isn't really worth spending money on a premium amp.

Troy
02-17-2005, 07:19 PM
ok what are better subs for the same price

Weapon_R
02-17-2005, 07:30 PM
What are you paying for them? If its $279/each US, you'd be FAR FAR better off with these choices:

2 Elemental Designs Ov.2 series (175.00 each). These are by far one of the best subs you can buy.

2 JL audio W6v2's...I'm reasonably sure you can get these for the same price as the Audiobahns, and these are far better.

1 JL 10W7 subwoofer - quite possibly one of the nicest and loudest subs money can buy

Adire Brahma

Resonance Engineering XXX

Do your research and find the one that best fits you. Of all of those, i'd personally chose a w7, but its also one of the most expensive. The others are far too close and all have their pros and cons, but all of them far surpass your choice.

Troy
02-17-2005, 07:31 PM
$159.00 american each

Weapon_R
02-17-2005, 07:36 PM
Check above - some of those you can still get for that price. If you are on a budget, a pair of Kicker CompVR's will be crazy loud and sound really good too. You can order them for about $200 off ebay, or buy them from the marketplace here for $80/each (one member is selling them).

Troy
02-17-2005, 07:40 PM
thx very helpfull I was thinking PG or JL

BumpinTalon
02-18-2005, 12:44 PM
you will have a tough time finding decent JLs at that price... Phoenix Gold's new Octane ZRs are very nice budget-minded subs, but I would still recommend elemental designs Kv2s, they are about $130 each shipped to Canada (duties and everything included)... plus they are an inch oversized so they will have a bit more low end extension then your regular size subs. get two 13" Kv2s, you can even get a package deal with an AMAZING amp, for around $500cdn.
go to their website, http://www.edesignaudio.com/
13Kv2s are exactly $154.17 with free shipping, and they will destroy any other sub from a major manufacturer at three times the price.
elemental's best amp, the Nine.1, is $350 with free shipping. get the package from eD, I guarantee you will be very happy with it.