PDA

View Full Version : Ever brake checked a cop?? Funny stuff

eblend
02-18-2005, 01:38 AM
found this on another forum its fucking hillarious

edited. here is a copy and paste

posted originally on grandamgt.com

"Story:

My friend Jared and I were out cruising in his '68 Cougar and we drove past a radar trap. We didn't think much of it, we weren't speeding or doing anything illegal, and this cop pulls out after us. Jared starts looking in his reaview mirror as this cop keeps getting closer, "This guy is riding my ass!" "Brake Check him..."

I DIDN'T THINK HE'D ACTUALLY DO IT!!!

The end result was the officer smashed into the back of the Cougar, and busts his headlights, crumples his hood.....etc. The cop rolls out of his car and starts SCREAMING his lungs out at us, and tells us to stay the F*** in our car. I hopped out to see the extent of the damage, and the officer drew his sidearm. (Didn't point it at me, but he pulled it out and had it pointed at the ground. "GET BACK IN THE F***ING CAR!!!" "Why?" "GET BACK IN THE F***ING CAR NOW!!!"

We wait about 5 minutes before another cop shows up, and we're finally allowed to step out. I can hear the cop who hit us talking about how we slammed on our brakes in front of him and 'caused' the accident. Jared starts busting up laughing, uncontrollably, and I'm starting to feel real good about this whole situation.

The second cop comes over to me and asks if I was driving. Nope, so he asks Jared what happened. Through tears and choking on his own breath (from laughing) he tells the officer what happened. The second officer looks at the first one and says "I'm going to have to issue you a ticket for following too closely."

The first cop is so red in the face and seething, he jumps in his car and burns out driving away. 2nd Cop "Leaving the scene of an accident, boy, that's not smart."

When Jared and I got home, we broke out the rum and had a good celebration over the whole incident. The only damage done to his Cougar was a bent rear bumper and broken license plate. I claim it as a victory of 'the man'.

Discuss..."

wildrice
02-18-2005, 01:39 AM
need to be a member to view it

eblend
02-18-2005, 01:58 AM
fixed , copied adn pasted it now, didn't realize the implemented no guest viewing

Impreza
02-18-2005, 02:03 AM
hahaha...good stuff!

joseph
02-18-2005, 02:05 AM
:rofl: :rofl:

RickDaTuner
02-18-2005, 02:07 AM
God I would love to do that hahahah to bad my car would probably not survive as the cougar did :thumbsup:

Mad$ella
02-18-2005, 02:15 AM
Unbelievable! :rofl:

Hash_man
02-18-2005, 02:15 AM
Holy shit... hahaha thats so funny, and wouldnt surprise me either, I have seen many cops driving way to fast, especially while following too close without their lights on

mazda_maniac
02-18-2005, 10:40 AM
Awesome shit.

Digital_7
02-18-2005, 10:44 AM
chalk one up for the Little guy's!!!:clap:

habsfan
02-18-2005, 10:45 AM
lol thats fuckin hilarious!! no way i would ever have the balls to even try something like that. kudos to that guy for havin the balls :thumbsup:

rip
02-18-2005, 10:48 AM
Thats awesome, i'm suprised that the other cop issued him the ticket. 90% of the time they would have ended up screwing you and handing you the ticket. F the Police.

Good work:thumbsup:

QuasarCav
02-18-2005, 10:52 AM
The second officer looks at the first one and says "I'm going to have to issue you a ticket for following too closely."

That made my day, cop must have felt really small.

I still wouldn't have the balls to do that.

86max
02-18-2005, 10:53 AM
Yeah it's great when people go around slamming on the brakes purposely:rolleyes:

oddjob
02-18-2005, 11:33 AM
I think its too good to be true. :bullshit:

rmk
02-18-2005, 12:05 PM
:drama: morons!

SilverBoost
02-18-2005, 01:07 PM
It would have been a better story if the guy had a legitmate reason for having to brake like that. Otherwise he's just a dick with obviously too much time on his hands. Yeah I'm going to brake check a cop so he can rearend me and damage my car and even possibly get whiplash or something just to prove a point. Awesome idea. I bet the last words this guy will ever speak will be "Hey guys, watch this..." :thumbsdow

ehos
02-18-2005, 03:56 PM
I'm calling BS.

1) Cops back each other up like, well like the ambigiously gay duo. One would never sell out another, especially in front of a civilian.

2) At a radar stop, they don't randomly start following people. In fact, they hardly even get into their cars, if they want to pull you over, they'll signal you and that's it. If you RUN, then they will chase in a car.

3) Usually at a radar stop it's just 2 guys, one car. So this one stop had 2 cops, 2 cars. And the second guy pulled up in 5 mintues? Was he the same guy from the radar stop? Probably, cops NEVER respnd that fast. So see #1. They would totally back each other up.

4) 68 Cougar could NOT brake that hard. It's a POS with a POS braking system.

Def_3
02-18-2005, 04:11 PM
LAWSUIT :thumbsup:

thats if its true, but it does kinda sound like:bullshit:

GQBalla
02-18-2005, 04:23 PM
lol can anyone verify this story??

BlueGoblin
02-18-2005, 05:51 PM
I call BS - anybody causing an accident with a 'brake check' - even with somebody too close behind them would be on the hook for the accident....

Idratherbsidewayz
02-18-2005, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by BlueGoblin
I call BS - anybody causing an accident with a 'brake check' - even with somebody too close behind them would be on the hook for the accident....

Not at all. You take it to court, and you say you thought you saw a deer or some animal and you braked quickly. Every person is required to follow at a safe distance to avoid hitting a person in an emergency braking situation...

Maxt
02-18-2005, 07:34 PM
I did that once to a car about 8 years ago,I didn't know it was a cop, it was an unmarked car , I was driving on 17th ave se, in my redneck mobile, (7" lifted dodge)...
Its mid winter , I am going to ATB in forest lawn, its dark about 7 pm, this car is about 5 feet off my bumper, I can't see its headlight, but just the tip of the rear tailights of the car in my mirror, its really slippery out, I am driving in 4-hi so traction for me is not a problem I was doing about 40 km/hr, I speed up to 50 to put some space between my bumper and the car, it speeds up and assumes the same following distance, so I give the brakes a quick stab, the car hits the brakes, goes sideways on the ice does the wiggle waggle overcorrection a couple of times, bounces off the curb a couple of times, then straightens out, I pull into the atb parking lot, this car comes rippin in behind me, slides and comes to against the parking block, out jumps this asian cop about 5 foot nothing, yelling at me about dangerous driving, stunting, rock chips in his hood, damage to the police cars wheels, yada yada....
In a nutshell, the cop told me he was trying to run my plate, but couldn't read it, it was perfectly clean, so I told him if he couldn't read it from 20 feet away, he needs glasses, I then told him he was following to close, and needs to learn how to drive, that earned me a no mud flaps ticket for my truck which I took to court and beat, he even showed up to testify, one day I will probably get the Rodney King treatment from that clown...

Go4Long
02-18-2005, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz
Not at all. You take it to court, and you say you thought you saw a deer or some animal and you braked quickly. Every person is required to follow at a safe distance to avoid hitting a person in an emergency braking situation...

:werd: I actually asked a cop about this, he said yes, if you are rear ended, it is the other persons fault(unless you back into them:P), you coulda thought you saw a mosquito...it doesn't matter, if they couldn't stop in time, they were following to close

DayGlow
02-18-2005, 11:41 PM
I don't know if I believe this story, but a couple things in this thread should be addressed.

1) cops do get tickets. The traffic section investigates all accidents that involve a police vehicle and a ticket will be issued if it is warranted. There is civilian oversight of the force and if a complaint comes from nothing happenning at an accident, everyone involved will be in deep trouble.

2) if a cop car is riding up close to you it maybe because they really need to pass you and are close to the area and lights and sirens could be dangerous. Next time it could be you or a friend/family member with a gun in their face being robbed with the cop being held up by traffic because someone refuses to get out of the way of 'the man'

crazydriver
02-20-2005, 12:27 AM
BAHAHAH.. that cop got owned

Hollywood
02-20-2005, 12:56 AM
I have definately felt like doing that a few times in my youth.

asp integra
02-20-2005, 03:34 PM
bababababa thats gold!:clap: :poosie: :thumbsup: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

kevie88
02-20-2005, 03:50 PM
I had a cop nearly rear-end me on my bike a few years ago, I was speeding (not massively) and I saw him coming up behind me *FAST!!*, so I braked as hard as I could on the shoulder. The cop went by me near-lockup and slid/squirmed to a stop about 200ft past me. He wasn't very happy with me!!

Alexs
02-24-2005, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by DayGlow
I don't know if I believe this story, but a couple things in this thread should be addressed.

2) if a cop car is riding up close to you it maybe because they really need to pass you and are close to the area and lights and sirens could be dangerous. Next time it could be you or a friend/family member with a gun in their face being robbed with the cop being held up by traffic because someone refuses to get out of the way of 'the man'

I used to think this way myself too, but Mr. Judge and Mr. Policeman reasoned otherwised.
I was going down Crowchild in the left lane, passing other vehicles, when I see this unmarked police car catch up to me and sit on my tail. My thought was, the guy is on his way to investigate smthing. So I speed up to a 100 km/h, complete the overtaking, the next thing I know, he gives me a speeding ticket.
Now try to convince me to be more considerate next time.

?????
02-24-2005, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Alexs

I used to think this way myself too, but Mr. Judge and Mr. Policeman reasoned otherwised.
I was going down Crowchild in the left lane, passing other vehicles, when I see this unmarked police car catch up to me and sit on my tail. My thought was, the guy is on his way to investigate smthing. So I speed up to a 100 km/h, complete the overtaking, the next thing I know, he gives me a speeding ticket.

You got unlucky. If you weren't passing other vehicles you did that you probably wouldn't of got one. Since you were passing vehicles he was checking your speed to see if you were speeding and i guess you were when he did that. :thumbsdow

Phy
02-24-2005, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Alexs

If he's on his way to investigate something, and he needs your ass out of the way, he'll flash his lights. That'll get you out of the way REAL fast. After getting tagged by an unmarked Intrepid a couple years ago, I try to slow down for anyone who parks on my bumper when I'm driving. It's good practice anyway: in case someone fucks up ahead of you you've got more time to brake, and there's less of a chance you're gonna brake-check the guy behind you.

As for the backing up thing... turns out you're also at fault if you're backing up, but you can stop before they hit you - if there's no-one to corroborate you.

jaysas_63
02-24-2005, 04:04 PM
ok i don't know about u guys, but theres been times where i have been followed SOOOOO close by cops, and for such long distances, late at night, and its fukin scarry, like if u speed up they give u a ticket for speeding, if u pull to the shoulder they give u a ticket there...i hate cops that follow by the cm just to intimidtate, and if this guy really did that then i give him props....cause i don't want my tax money, going to pay some cop to follow a random person for like 15 mins for no cause at all, its just BS

on a side note, wouldn't this guy get into trouble for braking for no reason, even if the cop was following to close??