PDA

View Full Version : Funky interior smell

Zephyr
02-18-2005, 02:31 AM
My 240 has a funky interior smell... i check the roof for leaks and there is none. it kinda has that mildew smell and kind of gas smell too. i tried using febreeze and oxy clean on the carpet, it sorta was ok but now the smell is back. anyone know methods to clean the carpet and interior to rid smells? im trying several different methods from soap to products that get rid of smells...no use it just comes back..

RickDaTuner
02-18-2005, 02:43 AM
previous owner have tEh Secks in tEh 240?

i think you need to steam clean your carpet or pull it out completely other than that the gas smell is from your fill line more than likey, meaning you have a leak throught your floor or Rear quarter panel.. yikes

Zephyr
02-18-2005, 03:04 AM
i dont think i have a leak though....my gas milage has been improving every time i pump now... O.O

the previous owner actually gutted the car...im missing seatbelts lol

Bonka
02-18-2005, 03:10 AM
Have the carpet/headliner de-ionized, entire interior if possible.

Can you specifically locate the source of the smell?

Also try running Lysol through the ventilation system.

RickDaTuner
02-18-2005, 03:44 AM
oh yeah roof liners like to take on nasty smells too after a while:dunno:

paramedic
02-18-2005, 04:15 AM
Try some ozium. It's like 4 bucks at walmart, my truck used to reek of dog because of the previous owner and it took the smell away.

Redlyne_mr2
02-18-2005, 08:42 AM
Take a can of ground up folgers coffee. Cut an apple in half and place it in the open can of coffee. Let it sit in the car for 24 hours. The only problem is it will only get rid of the smell, not the source.

habsfan
02-18-2005, 09:00 AM
have you checked your floor for leaks? that could explain the returning smell(unless you dont get much rain in your area of cali haha). other than that, just strip the interior, get rid of unnecessary weight :D good luck man

Zephyr
02-18-2005, 03:32 PM
i was remounting my harnesses and found a patch of white fungus on the sound black stuff (cant spell the word right brain went poof). any good removers for fungus?

Ben
02-21-2005, 02:30 AM
Bleach man.

Bleach the bitch and then carpet clean everything.

GTS Jeff
02-21-2005, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by Zephyr
i was remounting my harnesses and found a patch of white fungus on the sound black stuff (cant spell the word right brain went poof). any good removers for fungus? man thats gross...u gota burn it off. douse it in gasoline then light it up.

Zephyr
02-22-2005, 02:31 AM
i ended up using oxy clean and a wire brush...got it off...smell is still there though..i checked the car no more fungus anywhere

tommy1223
02-22-2005, 03:05 AM
do what me and estomax did to one of our friend's moldy car that he got for free. Ripped everything out, carpet till it's just bones, steamed cleaned and shampooed every carpet piece there is and BAM like a brand new car.